It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid's ghosts 'haunt' cemetery, picture included

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Hey.

Found this quite intriguing. Thought I'd share.

See the news article about it here.

Their image is quite clear, I'm not sure what to think, they don't look like modern kids if you know what i mean. What are your thoughts?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Just looks like 2 kids to me. And what do you mean by modern? their clothing? I see 2 kids wearing a white shirt and dark shorts....something you can see anywhere, any day...weather permitting.

Maybe they simply didn't see the kids. I drive past and walk past hundreds or thousands of people daily....most of which go completely unnoticed.

I'm curious as to what the photographer's theme for the picture was, as no specific tombstone seem to be the focus. BUT, the children are right in the "sweet spot".

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Why do the gravestones seem computer edited to me.. ?

The focus seems off, the foreground stones' print is very pronounced, with no blur, and the stones towards the middle share the same focus effect, except it's just too small to read.

All the stones seem out of place.

There's just something about the foreground/background display that irks me, not quite sure what it is. Also, like another poster asked, "What's with all the attention?"

So, what else is in this photo I'm not seeing?

[edit on 20-1-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I'm curious as to what the photographer's theme for the picture was, as no specific tombstone seem to be the focus. BUT, the children are right in the "sweet spot".

I am always skeptical of anything paranormal, but to answer your question:

"When we were standing at the bank looking into the cemetery I was just snapping away and making jokes about the whole thing,"

source

Im sure there iis a logical explanation, but unfortunately, they were the only ones there.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This was on our local news channels this morning..

To me it just looks like a couple of ordinary kids walking through or behind a cemetery for any number of reasons. I don't understand what has made anyone to assume they could be ghosts - can anyone tell me?

Why did THIS picture get world-wide media reporting? What makes it any different than other ghost pictures, apart from being one of the worst examples of a ghost picture I've ever seen?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
That's an old graveyard. looks to be fairly untended. Some of the text does look "edited". The kid in the back looks like he's wearing a coonskin cap, that would put him from the mid to late 60's. Had one myself back in the day.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Glad I checked before I uploaded my post - I was presently creating a lengthy thread on this. Anyway, regardless of the effort I put into that now nonexistent discussion, I'll just post the entire thing here.

These photos were taken while on a ghost tour here in Sydney and evidently show two ghosts of kids in a cemetery.

DOES this photo show the figures of two children, born more than half a century apart, walking in their paranormal playground?

The family who took this picture while on a Picton ghost tour swear there were no children inside the St Mark's Cemetery.

Which begs the question: Who, or what, is out there?

Local legend has it that the two children are David Shaw and Blanche Moon, who died 60 years apart.

Blanche was crushed to death in 1886 when a pile of sleepers that she and a number of children were playing on slipped.

David was the son of a minister who died in 1946 from polio.

Are these the ghosts of a boy and girl who died 60 years apart?

Kid's ghosts 'haunt' St Mark's cemetery in Picton

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/40da3ecd5971.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/08ea83608447.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef2b76cc5f54.jpg[/atsimg]

I work for the newspaper group here in Sydney that received the story - here's the message in the email accompanying the photos:

Hi my name is Brandon-james i live in port macquarie, i went on a ghost tour in picton for my 17th birthday and the thing is we got something, but i'd like it analysed if possible. we were told the story of the two children that play in the cemetery, we did not see there children when we were at the cemetery. when we go home i was going through the photos and this photo jumped out at us, we blow the photos up and we saw the two children in the back ground. i have attached the two photos the photo and the blown up section were we saw the children.

I tried to get access to the full-res image, however it was flagged for one-use only in our database. Anyway, having looked at the low-res version there's really nothing that 100% convinces me that this photo was not altered. I would have to see the original and speak with the person that took it.

Options could be either that it was manipulated on photoshop, or these are kids that either live in the area or were on the tour at the time.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I agree, we'd need a the original picture, the low resolution one isn't very good and can explain the pixel loss in the background and not the foreground, any way we can get the e-mail of the picture taker? name mentioned in the paper or anything?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
"took this picture while on a Picton ghost tour"

that pretty much sums it up for me.... most ghost tours have some extra "added" stuff to spice it up for the people on the tour.

I will never believe any evidence gathered from a "ghost tour" because the chance that it is fake is overwhelming.

any place/tour that makes it lively hood from being "haunted" is automatically suspect and with good reason.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by RickinVa]

[edit on 20-1-2010 by RickinVa]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
People form attachments to their gardens, to the library, to a particular coffee shop or a specific location ... perhaps a river-bank or stretch of beach where they walked, fished and generally felt whole and at peace

But how many people, during their lifetimes, form attachments to cemeteries, apart from avid family-history researchers perhaps ?

The living might harbour a fascination, loathing and fear of cemeteries, but how many people actually die in a cemetery ? Therefore, why would a ghost choose to hang around a place he/she very probably never even saw during their lifetime ?

This belief in some that cemeteries are the 'logical' place to see ghosts is probably yet another example of projection (see ATS 'Projection' thread) with the living transferring their own gothic interpretations/expectations of cemeteries onto the dead. I think the focus on cemeteries does a lot of damage to the paranormal field generally

Most likely it stems from the belief (do some still believe it ?) that the dead are awaiting the trumpet call of the Second Coming, after which they will (it's claimed) rise up in their graves

This probably encouraged people of past eras to half-believe the dead were dead, sure --- but also in some sort of suspended state: not dead, not alive, just sort of lurking there under the soil in the cemetery

No doubt this has been passed down in the form of 'haunted cemetery' type ghost-stories, leading the impressionable and suggestible to believe that dead people hang around their graves--- and no doubt this is exploited by money-making 'ghost tours', when in truth, you would probably have more chance of witnessing a ghost (if you possess the 'sight' of course) by walking through a park, for example. Many of those approaching death gravitate to sitting peacefully, surrounded by Nature, in order to contemplate life generally and their own in particular.

Or -- someone's favourite chair, or their porch, would be more likely to be the sort of places a ghost might choose to revisit

But a cemetery ? To be doubted, isn't it, when most of the living choose to avoid cemeteries

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Just two kids walking through Picton cemetery. Nothing more.

I have been to this cemetery and the gravestones are a bit ramshackle and many lean. They are not in neat rows either. So I am certain there is no "doctoring" or photoshop going on here.

I do not understand why this is newsworthy.

take care all
res

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
thats just two kids walking ......i mean real kids in their physical bodies.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Im glad people have already pointed out the obviouse problems with this photo. Means i dont have to.

The two kids aside, the photo itself looks dodgy to me. For the reasons pointed out previousely.

Might aswell have not bothered posting a reply but ive typed it now so here it is.

ITS JUST TWO NORMAL KIDS WALKING BYE!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

I think you're dead right there! ( Yes, pun intended
!)

I have had several 'encounters' with what I believe are ghosts, but none have occurred in a cemetery. Front porches, bed rooms, 'victorian' era parlors, gardens, school.......have been much better sites, from my personal experience.

My Grandad did have one story of a man who had been wrongly hanged.....when the marker was placed on his grave, his image 'developed' on the stone within a few days....as if it were bloodstained. His image always returned, no matter if the stone was scrubbed clean or replaced.
( or someone with an artistic bent could have been covertly dabbing bits of blood on the stone till the image appeared..?)

Having some curiosity about that tale and some others surrounding local cemeteries, I spent a good bit of time walking thru many of those in the area..... In years since, I have returned to that activity, this time it's for researching family history.....still no ghostly encounters for me in any of the grave yards themselves.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I'm not convinced they are children. Being as they are dressed similarly they could easily be employees of the tour company. They do dress like tour guides for that sort of thing. The photo doesn't appear to be altered at 1st glance. I think someones imagination is getting the better of them.

top topics

join