It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I HATE "No PLace For Hate" zones.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RowenaMcQueen

I commend those communities also. It does not say there will be any action again people that violate the hate speech community standard, but it is made clear that the people of that community won't stand for it and there will be social consequences for it. It's nothing new, and it's not stepping on your rights.

First, I'd like to say welcome to ATS RowenaMcQueen. I'm glad you found my thread interesting enough to make one of your 1st few posts on it.

You could be right, I could just be some paranoid old conspiracy freak seeing shadowy plots to steal away my freedom at every turn. Believe me, the thought HAS crossed my mind.

I feel I should make a personal disclosure at this point (probably should have done this sooner). I am not some crazy racist bigot with a heart full of hate waiting to get out. I do have my racial and religious biases,as do most people, but I try not to let them influence the way I treat people. I prefer to judge people as individuals based on their actions.

I always try to be civil with others, even those who disagree with my opinions or beliefs. I am not always successful but I put forth my best effort.

The signs don't offend me by their message. I feel combating racism and bigotry are good things. It's just that, from the 1st time I saw one of those signs, they made me feel unconfortable. I don't like being told what to think.

I think what bothered me was the intolerant way in which the message was presented and their use of the very vague term "hate". Hate does not always spring only from racism or bigotry. It is possible to hate a person for a very valid reason (take a child molester or murderer for example).

Also, as I've said frequently in this thread, I fear the signs may be conditioning people to accept hate crimes legislation which would outlaw the speech itself, as has happened right next door in Canada.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Again, I guess the main thing about these signs is...

What is the underlying agenda? There doesn't have to be a conspiracy here, but we've seen a lot of restrictions coming down on us in recent years. Is this truly about racism?

And, again, fighting racism is a good thing.

But, cleaning up the environment is good too, but you also see potential abuse of the cause to make money with things like "carbon credits" that still allow you to go about business as usual.

Troy

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This to me is a perfect topic to explain why America is hated the world over ( by America i don't mean the average American citizen i mean you government and police and the like). How hypocrtical is that sign, this is a hate free zone, please this is coming from a country that tried to boycot all things French because the didn't fancy getting stuck in a war with you. I mean come on those signs have got to be an inside joke. If your all so hate free why do you feel the need to arm your self to the teeth and please don't tell me its your right to have a gun, just because you have the right dosen't make it right. Lets face you love hate, its why you get up in the morning. I apologise for the irrelavence of this post i just like having a rant occasionally, helps me vent my frustrations so i don't go mental. To the normal American people i love you really but you need to give up the guns, people can get hurt you know

<< 3  4  5   >>

join