It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I HATE "No PLace For Hate" zones.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Ghost Who Walks
What next?
No frowning in public signs in case you upset happy people?
No thin people signs in case you make fat people feel depressed?
No beautiful people in case ugly people feel self-conscious?
The signs should come down. Freedom of speech is a basic right but aside from that, isn't it best to know exactly where racists are in your community?
By silencing them they go underground, away from scrutiny but they still have the same beliefs and are harder to identify.

Incidently, racists are not only white, anglo-saxon males. They come in all nationalities, colours, creeds etc.

That's the thing, usually the people that are racists, or bigots, and some just confused people, freak right out when they see the signs, and start screaming Freedom of speech! Or Hey, you know, whites aren't the only racists you know!

It's makes it easy to spot, not saying all of them, some could just be Patriots But usually the Patriots don't complain about hate free zones, cause they know their ideology calls for local ordinances that would be similar to the hate free zones. Like, Crime Free zone, or, separate but Happy, signs. You know what I mean, Blacks here, Mexicans there, that kind of thing.

So what are your feelings? You can hate all you want, you just have to find a community where that's in the majority, so it's all good. That's after the revolt though. For now, you have to sort of put up with all the silly rules.

Like it says in my signature, you are free to do as you please....

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Yes yes yes yes.. yawn - look at history when blaming christianty for whatever, so that you dont have to look around you today for what islam does.

right on....

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Ughh, stupid sign in my opinion.How about signs like this?

"We do not tolerate crimes in this community/school"

"I reserve the right to dislike you for any reason but promise not to commit any crime or violence towards you for whatever you or i perceive to be our differences"

"I promise to treat each person on a individual basis and reserve the right to dislike/hate you for your actions no matter your religion,gender,color,age,etc"

And as a small aside that applies as well.I really wish people/groups would start using the word ignorant correctly.

ignorant: lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact

"The surface of the sun is cooler than the surface of the earth"=ignorance

"A lack of diversity/multi-culturism will be the downfall of our society"= NOT ignorance

"Diversity will only help our society"=ignorance

It's about facts and how things are worded.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2

They are not saying you cannot have your opinion.

they are not saying agree with us or get out.

They are simply saying we will not put up with it, so move along.

What?

Seriously? You don't see what you just did there? Honestly?

They are not saying agree with us or get out? That is EXACTLY what they are saying..

"They are simply saying we will not put up with it, so move along. "

so what does move along really mean?

Your logic is POOR. Honestly I don't get some of you, your logic and ideas are so bad, it's a bit depressing. You agree with the sign? great, but don't pretend it doesn't mean what it really means.

The SIGN itself is HATE Speech.

It says:

You hate? We hate you!
You don't tolerate, WE don't tolerate

Lack of tolerance is a lack of tolerance no matter what side of the coin you are on.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I think the purpose of the sign is to protect those who need protection. It's hard to stand up alone to bullies, to those who threaten, to those who say they want to kill Americans and then go out and do it.
Perfect example is Ft Hood. No one stood up. No one spoke out about the hate speeches, the PowerPoint presentation, the extreme religious views that ended with death and destruction.

A Florida pastor did stand up for:
The little girl Rifqa who converted to Christianity and her parents threatened to kill her by Sharia Law. And look at the hassles that caused. The MSM even said there is no such thing as honor killing, that this couldn't happen in the US. Yet this child was just trying to follow the US law and practicing her right to religious freedom and someone tried to take that away.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Yes yes yes yes.. yawn - look at history when blaming christianty for whatever, so that you dont have to look around you today for what islam does.

right on....

Yep, you'll see lots of that.
The FDL is about protection of Christians and white people. Because some how Christians and white people have always been the bad guy racists. Now white people have protection from (reverse)-racism with this sign.
Now white people can demand that people don't paint us as Jerry Springer candidate redneck racists.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I wouldn't mind having them, but then again I am the quiet type who wouldn't offend anyone unless I was first offended. Even still, I'm likely to let it go.

We try to teach children not to be hateful, but not parents care...so to play by the same rules, most kids are hateful. It carries on into adulthood sometimes. I think it's disgusting.

Personally, I don't like it when people cut me off on the highway or don't say please and thank you. I'm not wild enough that I'd even want laws for this, but the oppressed minority groups are starting to demand more respect. Sometimes they get it...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gormly

By saying, "Do you hate? We hate you." I think the message is, the Golden Rule applies here.

Whether it's fair...well, why not make the world less hateful? It seems good in concept but impossible to enforce by current means.

Maybe we'll see more petty arrests, and people will get scared and more chaotic. Then, we might have worse happen. I don't know.

It's just a sign though. People don't follow plenty of other signs (yield, don't litter, slow deaf children, speed limit signs).

How would you prove I acted hatefully? Well, maybe if you look like a skinhead and brutally murder an unorthodox jew...that is awful, but plenty of other people die of murder every day. I think it's the nature of the attacks that makes it hateful. What we want to see are hate groups abolished. Personally, I'd like to see it happen, or at least keep ya KKK pointy hat meetings behind closed doors and don't burn crosses. It seems wrong, so I'd never ask for it...I guess in my ideal world, these groups should not exist...but it won't be ideal in my lifetime I don't think.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Hey OP following up your lead on ADL I have made a thread about ADL, hope it interests you - Hint* ADL's background is filled with spying

Anti Defamation League (ADL):Secret War against Americans

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Thanks for following up on that.

I was going to post the link to your thread but it looks like you beat me to it.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Hahaa...just after posting that I saw your reply.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
You know it is just a crying shame that Israel does not practice that pledge in it's relations with the Palestinians. I guess No Place for Hate signs will not be going up there anytime soon. Perhaps the ADL should check into that.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The only thing about ADL is (apart from spying) it's a pro-Israeli group which quickly makes everything criticizing Israel Govt. as hate speech. The Govt. is being run by AIPAC and now we have ADL trying to monitor communities. Secondly, they are biased against African-American community.

PS: Did I mention ADL is against gun ownership and want's gun control (gun ban was supported in a case in Supreme Court).

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
You know it is just a crying shame that Israel does not practice that pledge in it's relations with the Palestinians. I guess No Place for Hate signs will not be going up there anytime soon. Perhaps the ADL should check into that.

I'm offended by this post.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Seriously. Signs from private organizations cannot be posted on State or Federal property. I had a local church remove an Entrance sign from a light pole by my house because it is illegal to post private signs like that. And sure enough the State came out a week later and removed it and gave it to the church to post on their private property.

Especially Churches because that goes against Church and State laws.
That sign looks like it's on a light pole.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
Seriously. Signs from private organizations cannot be posted on State or Federal property. I had a local church remove an Entrance sign from a light pole by my house because it is illegal to post private signs like that. And sure enough the State came out a week later and removed it and gave it to the church to post on their private property.

The signs I see in my area are posted by the local government. They even have the name of the township on them, meaning they have the full endorsement of the municipality.

It would be one thing if some private group decided to post them on their own property but when the municipality posts them all over public roads and properties, it gives the impression they could be enforced by the local police.

Can you see why they bother me now?

[edit on 21-1-2010 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The answers are many.
1. Take back the community - replace the city council and the mayors.
2. Change the voting laws so that renters can vote in local elections. In most cases they can not.
3. This isn't law - it "Color of Law", "SPirit of the law", "Force of Law" when he hear that, thin Genuine Imitation Leather. IE it's fake law. It's a product of people running to the "Government" to make things right, like a tantrum of a child.

Note: Here it starts as something people accept as benign and seemingly good. Want to bet that was the plan? Now it spreads as a cause to make the community "good". But the truth is that it is a money making scam boongoggle that will end up causing people to be in court wasting their time and paying fines and perhaps eventually loosing their homes, etc.. It's control and money. Just like traffic tickets - oh we need order on the highways" or we need to keep the kids safe in the school zones. This is never the real cause or motive but this is how it starts and is rationalized.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Originally posted by JJay55

The signs I see in my area are posted by the local government. They even have the name of the township on them, meaning they have the full endorsement of the municipality.

It would be one thing if some private group decided to post them on their own property but when the municipality posts them all over public roads and properties, it gives the impression they could be enforced by the local police.

Can you see why they bother me now?

[edit on 21-1-2010 by FortAnthem]

Call the city office and ask about the law.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

JJay55, you know I kinda like your attitude.

You are like one of the gatekeepers of old. You want to protect us from the barbarian horde outside the gates. It is a instinctual response to outside danger. It is very admirable.

One thing you must realize though, this attribute can be used to control your actions.

I use to feel exactly the same way you do.

Let me put it this way. Did you know more cops in the US have killed in the line of duty, more people than all terrorists combined in the same time frame? Excluding the 9/11 occurrence. We cannot declare war on a religion. We must use common sense. Yes, sharia needs to go the way of the dinosaur. We need to stand as a united people and say enough is enough.

Logic and common sense MUST be the weapon we use.

Fear is the mind killer, and it is also a structured response taught to you your entire life. I am a God fearing man, but I cannot condone retribution for it will steal my soul.

God Bless and Peace.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2

Honestly...I have to say come on...

This is a neighborhood watch type thing.

I get they can expand hate speech to a lot of things...they can do the same with hate crimes...the only thing you can do is stay vigilant. Keep an eye out, and once that line has been crossed take action. Because honestly what I thought when reading this was "man..this guy may want to freely walk around spouting racial things at people" After seeing who you were, I don't believe that, but that was my initial thought.

I commend communities that have the chutzpah to say they won't stand for bigotry. All to often people don't.

I commend those communities also. It does not say there will be any action again people that violate the hate speech community standard, but it is made clear that the people of that community won't stand for it and there will be social consequences for it. It's nothing new, and it's not stepping on your rights.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join