It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I HATE "No PLace For Hate" zones.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
reply to post by FortAnthem

you wanting these signs removed is stepping on THEIR right to free speech.

You make a good point.

The thing is, I don't have the power to send men with guns to force them to take down the sign.

If I were to post a sign in my yard and someone decided to be offended at what I said, they could have the local govt send men with guns to my house, using the "no place for hate" policy as an excuse to force me to take down my sign.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
reply to post by niteboy82

The only hate I've seen in the US comes from Islam. Sorry, I don't go to Utah much but I do live in the South and even blacks and whites get along here.
I have had death threats from muslims... so... I don't know what personal experience you have had but maybe you can enlighten us.

I'm sorry, but if that's all the hate you've seen in the United States and you're above the age of 5-years-old, then you are simply either not looking, or choosing not to see.

I'm definitely not going to debate you on something so blatantly obvious.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
That seems like a pretty broad definition to me; "harassment, verbal abuse or insults" are a crime! C'mon people grow a thick skin. People are too quick to find offence from another's words.

What ever happened to "sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me?"

Usually those are tag on crimes that add jail time to the criminal. Much worse has to happen before someone is arrested in America. We are a very liberal and free country and we usually settle our differences but there are occasions of violence that needs to recognized.
So if a muslim calls you a kaffir, an infidel or throws a shoe at you, that's a religious insult and you should report it.

Like I said, I fear these signs are conditioning us to accept the time when the speech itself would become the criminal act. It's happened already in Canada.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

i REALLY think you are stretching

If a community has these signs posted and they are offended by a sign you put in your yard, then it will usually come down to whatever little system they have set up in their neighborhood...a council or what have you.

I can legally put a sign in my yard that says "black people are scum" and everyone can get offended. the cops can be called out...you know what they will say to the people who called "he has a right to say what he wants, regardless of what you think about it" but I also accept whatever consequences that sign brings.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Thought Policeing just not yet inforced how long do you think it will be until it is, hate is a natural thing don`t let it be taken away from you. knowbody is telling me how to feel if i have reson to hate that i can justify to myself sorry but i`m going to hate. this sign is an open statement you could twist it many ways.
i mean can i hate someone who i know means me harm - not according to that statement
what about the guy at work who sits by and does nothing while you work and then takes home the same wage can you hate him - nope just keep working don`t mind him

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

I fully agree with FortAnthem on this issue!

I note that the MAIN part of the sign says NOTHING about RACE and just makes commands against HATE in general!
:shk:

Personal Disclosure: I wonder what would happen if the sign had the word RACE added in front of the word HATE or even if it was used to replace the word HATE?

P.S. As far as homo sapiens sapiens go there is only 1 RACE and it is called the Human Race!

Edited to clarify that I agree with FortAnthem on this issue as per their original thread starting post [ the threads taken off since then
].

[edit on 20-1-2010 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Aceofclubs

reply to post by OmegaLogos

FINALLY some people who understand what I am takling about.

I was starting to get worried that on a CONSPIRACY site, no one could see the sinister connotations behind the signs.

THANK YOU!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Those signs suck. Telling people what they should or shouldn't do usually has the reverse effect. Tell a teen they are forbidden to drink or smoke and they will do just that. These signs use a very confrontational tone not to mention the fact that they use the word hate in them. Nothing like keeping the concept in the minds eye. It's like, "just try hatin' here partner and we'll rip you a new one."
pretty hateful. If they want a peaceful community lead by example and educate through positive messages.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

i REALLY think you are stretching

If a community has these signs posted and they are offended by a sign you put in your yard, then it will usually come down to whatever little system they have set up in their neighborhood...a council or what have you.

I can legally put a sign in my yard that says "black people are scum" and everyone can get offended. the cops can be called out...you know what they will say to the people who called "he has a right to say what he wants, regardless of what you think about it" but I also accept whatever consequences that sign brings.

so accept you persecution for not conforming...right ok
its should be anybodys right to say what thay feel even if its offencive or just plane wrong

Defend your right to offend. words don`t hurt anybody who dose not let then, takeing action against an offencive person dose

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I'm with you OP. Screw that nonsense. This is the USA and I have a right to hate whomever or whatever I want.

I hope someone starts a guerilla campaign to spray paint "hateful" symbols and slogans on these signs. Anarchy!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

that's just backwards...

here is what those signs are saying:

"We, as a community do not, and will not tolerate hateful people coming into our neighborhood and spreading their propaganda. If you are attempting to do so, then please, move a long"

Let me say this though, I do recognize where this, when put into the LEGAL system, can have negative repercussions. That's why I said in an earlier post that the best thing to do is to stay vigilant. Make sure they do not cross that line, because it is a fine one. It's a fine line between saying our neighborhood will not put up with the Klan coming in and distributing hate mail, or an anti muslim group doing the same thing, and taking legal action.

Like I said...the law protects the speech. If a community wants to say we won't hear from it, that is their right and high fives for them for standing up for it.

They are not saying you cannot have your opinion.

they are not saying agree with us or get out.

They are simply saying we will not put up with it, so move along.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Fear is the mind killer. Those damn Muslims. Those damn Christians. Never debate the cause of the disease (government), NO, debate the symptoms.

Fear is also a great way to legislate thought, speech, and freedom.

Anyone that thinks they can control anyone by legislation alone is quite juvenile in their beliefs. It also takes the initiation of FEAR in citizens.

Cannot someone help me, I need to be protected from the evil_____!(Fill in blank for your fear.)

Control. Divide and Conquer.

What ever happened to Common Law? If you hurt someone or infringed on someone's rights, you go to jail. No, now we get legislation that you cannot text while driving. DUUUUHHHH! What else do I need to teach here?

Attack the messenger, we have seen that enough here.

Control. Divide and Conquer. Period!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
These signs started in schools. In time they were implemented into the notorious "Speech Codes" we've all come to know and despise.

About Speech Codes
June 24, 2005

Colleges and universities routinely punish students and faculty for their speech, writings, and membership in campus groups. Administrators create and enforce speech codes in an attempt to outlaw free speech and free expression that do not conform to various new campus orthodoxies. For example, in recent years, the following speech codes (some later modified after public exposure) have existed on America’s campuses:

■Bowdoin College banned jokes and stories “experienced by others as harassing.”

■Brown University banned “verbal behavior” that produces “feelings of impotence, anger, or disenfranchisement,” whether “intentional or unintentional.”

■Colby College outlawed speech that causes “a vague sense of danger” or a loss of “self-esteem.”

Foundation for Individual Rights in Education

Edit to add: Now can you see where all this is leading?

[edit on 20-1-2010 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Post one of those signs outside every single mosque in the US. Every single mosque should have a sign like that posted!!!
Then followed up by law enforcement when non-muslims are discriminated against with hate speeches by imams in the US.

If there was a sign like that at Ft Hood maybe things would have been different. Maybe we need to recognize that anti-Americanism is hate.
i don`t agree with this i prefare to know who hates me and respect the fact thay admit it instead of letting it fester inside,

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Explanation: RE: "My problem is that "hate" can be very broadly defined." and this is EXACTLY why I agree with you.

And taking this to an extreme just for entertainment purposes....

I was thinking that a parent who is having problems getting their child/ren to eat some vile tasting vegetable i.e they HATE it!, could go ahead and use the RACIAL HATE laws against their kids!

As are not vegetables another race?

Don't the kids HATE that specific RACE?

Isn't that ILLEGAL?

Shouldn't we uphold the law even with our chi......

....I'll stop now but I think I've got my point across!

Personal Disclosure:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yeah, the sign seems a little stupid.

Like some Neo Nazi's are gonna be in the middle of beating the crap out of a Mexican , .... when one of them catches a glimpse of the sign and says " hey, HEY, .... we can't be doing this here, look at the sign" .

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

that's just backwards...

how it it backward explane

here is what those signs are saying:

"We, as a community do not, and will not tolerate hateful people coming into our neighborhood and spreading their propaganda. If you are attempting to do so, then please, move a long"

no it simply says "No Place For Hate" its all in the eye of the beholder

Let me say this though, I do recognize where this, when put into the LEGAL system, can have negative repercussions. That's why I said in an earlier post that the best thing to do is to stay vigilant. Make sure they do not cross that line, because it is a fine one. It's a fine line between saying our neighborhood will not put up with the Klan coming in and distributing hate mail, or an anti muslim group doing the same thing, and taking legal action.

legal is not the only action a person can take there are many kinds

Like I said...the law protects the speech. If a community wants to say we won't hear from it, that is their right and high fives for them for standing up for it.

it protects speech how? speech can not be hurt unless band

They are not saying you cannot have your opinion.

they are not saying agree with us or get out.

They are simply saying we will not put up with it, so move along.

this is a contradiction read it

[edit on 20/1/10 by Aceofclubs]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Hateful actions can be corrected with an apology usually. There are those who refuse to have responsibility for their actions. Again Ft Hood, he plead not guilty, like most Muslims who commit terrorism because they are not guilty under Islam. Same goes for hate, it's not hate of non-muslims if it's Sharia Law. It's rare to hear a muslims apologize for 911 or Ft Hood or all the other crimes committed in the name of Islam. Try to find one.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

reply to post by JJay55

lets face it..the reason these signs are put up places is because they were seen to be needed.

I agree 100%

People here just don't want to see it, or hear it. It's the fruit of our labor.

Don't you know Superman? Racism and bigotry don't exist! Only racists and bigots think it does. It's the new race card logic.

I lived in the South, well Norfolk, VA, in the 60's, not deep but there, you live in the South, if you had to place a bet? Who would you bet the people denying these things exist are?

Hate free zone signs are something to be proud of. It's a warning to trouble makers to stay away.

Thinking Citizens live here.

Ziggy Strange

[edit on 20-1-2010 by ziggystrange]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

Yeah, the sign seems a little stupid.

Like some Neo Nazi's are gonna be in the middle of beating the crap out of a Mexican , .... when one of them catches a glimpse of the sign and says " hey, HEY, .... we can't be doing this here, look at the sign" .

The signs are to condition the masses for the speach codes TPTB have planned for us.

They seem harmless now, but wait until the govt gives them teeth by putting them into law.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join