It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astonishing Report: We're Executing Gitmo Prisoners and Calling It Suicide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Astonishing Report: We're Executing Gitmo Prisoners and Calling It Suicide

www.alternet.org

It’s hard to know where to begin with this profoundly important story by Scott Horton, for next month's Harper’s Magazine (available on the web here), but let's try this: The three "suicides" at Guantánamo in June 2006 were not suicides at all. The men in question were killed during interrogations in a secretive block in Guantánamo, conducted by an unknown agency, and the murders were then disguised to look like suicides. Everyone at Guantánamo knew about it. Everyone covered it up.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.harpers.org

link   
Well, here we go again with another completely heinous and uncalled for action against people who have neither been tried or convicted of any crime.

Eye witness reports from people at Gitmo testify to a black ops facility within the prison run by a shadow agency (they aren't sure if it's corporate or government).

Apparently these three prisoners, who all died at the same time, showed up at the prison clinic severely bruised with rags stuffed down their throats. Have you ever heard of suicide by rag suffocation and self beating?

This article is four pages long, so to save some time that don't wish to read it I'll highlight some of the most interesting bits of the article.

Also, if anyone has any doubts left about Democrats and Obama being any different than Republicans, this should shine some light on that false idea. These people are being tortured and executed by a secret agency, and the whole prison knows. I find it hard to believe Obama wouldn't either.

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

link   

Hickman and Davila became fascinated by the compound -- known to the soldiers as "Camp No" (as in, "No, it doesn't exist") -- and Hickman was on duty in a tower on the prison's perimeter on the night the three men died, when he noticed that "a white van, dubbed the 'paddy wagon,' that Navy guards used to transport heavily manacled prisoners, one at a time, into and out of Camp Delta, [which] had no rear windows and contained a dog cage large enough to hold a single prisoner,” had called three times at Camp 1, where the men were held, and had then taken them out to "Camp No." All three were in “Camp No” by 8 pm.

According to independent interviews with soldiers who witnessed the speech, Bumgarner told his audience that "you all know" three prisoners in the Alpha Block at Camp 1 committed suicide during the night by swallowing rags, causing them to choke to death … But then Bumgarner told those assembled that the media would report something different. It would report that the three prisoners had committed suicide by hanging themselves in their cells. It was important, he said, that servicemen make no comments or suggestions that in any way undermined the official report. He reminded the soldiers and sailors that their phone and email communications were being monitored.

Held in solitary confinement after the suppression of a short-lived Prisoners' Council, convened in the summer of 2005, for which he was the Secretary, he was, nevertheless beaten severely for two and a half hours on the evening of June 9, around the same time that the three other men were in "Camp No."

When Barack Obama became president, Hickman decided to act. 'I thought that with a new administration and new ideas I could actually come forward,' he said. 'It was haunting me.

After hearing the whole sordid story, the officials thanked the Denbeauxs for "not speaking to reporters first and for 'doing it the right way,'" and, two days later, Mark Denbeaux was called by Teresa McHenry, the head of the Criminal Division's Domestic Security Section, who told him that she was starting an investigation and wanted to meet directly with Hickman.

Hickman met McHenry, and gave her the names and contact details of corroborating witnesses, but then the trail went cold. In April, "an FBI agent called to say she did not have the list of contacts" and "asked if this document could be provided again," and soon after, Steven Fagell and two FBI agents interviewed Davila, who had left the Army, and asked him if he would travel to Guantánamo to identify the locations of various sites. "It seemed like they were interested,” Davila told Horton. "Then I never heard from them again."

US District Court Judge James Robertson gave the Justice Department a sympathetic hearing, and he ruled in its favor, but he also noted a curious aspect of the government's presentation: its "citations supporting the fact of the suicides" were all drawn from media accounts. Why had the Justice Department lawyers who argued the case gone to such lengths to avoid making any statement under oath about the suicides? Did they do so in order to deceive the court? If so, they could face disciplinary proceedings or disbarment.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
PSYOPS is a great thing! Creating a rumor that prisoners are being killed and making it look like suicide is a great way to get these thugs to talk! Camp NO? Brilliant!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I want Bush and everyone who got involved with this to go to jail. Especially those who have and are helping to cover this up. To Obama: STOP COVERING FOR BUSH! You are making yourself an accessory after the fact.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Meh, I think Obama is just a patsy. Maybe he did believe he could give us hope and change. Then he went to the oval office and learned the truth.

Even the President wears the people's shackles. They just let him become king of the beggars for awhile so we would calm down and not go after America's real problems.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This needs to reach far and wide!
This has got to stop!

Nazi, Germany, I tell ya'.

And that is how the world will view it in the rearview of history.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Posted HERE

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join