It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez: US Weapon Test Caused Haiti Earthquake

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Maybe the earthquake activity in the Gulf of Mexico is allowing room for the underwater pipeline of oil from beneath Venezuela directly to Texas now. Oh poor Chavez, maybe he should have not called us the Devil. Only big boys are invited to the table. If you act like a child then you are treated like one.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
The US military has been in Hati a long time. 2 of my nephews spent a year there in the 80's. You couln.t pay them to go back.

I understand why they wouldn't wanna come back, you can imagine how life there is for a foreigner who earns, in terms of finances, in a month ,somewhere around 6 months haitian paychecks

And regarding the presence of US troops in Haiti, i don't believe ever in history there was such a big presence, even if there was a constant presence

What is the most frustrating is that i'm from somewhere in Europe and right now i'm seeing a teledon or what's it called on tv asking for money for Haiti iin cooperation with Unicef, the same Unicef that it's workers were caught in Sierra Leone selling the medicine they should have distributed for free , the same Unicef that was accused of corruption in a report made by the legendary football player Pele , and didn't bother to dismiss those accusations with facts or reports , but only with one phrase....

Like i said in my previous post , i still believe everything was premeditated and it was on of the most ingenious ideas of our time.
Now more than ever people, from all over the world, directly support the costs of the occupation of Haiti, of establishment of military bases , and God only knows what else

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
William Cohen , the US secretary of Defence 1997-2001 seemed to think you could produce earthquakes by electromagnetic waves . He said it at the 'Conference on Terrorism' in April 28, 1997 at the University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia.

He said ' There are some reports, for example, that some countries have been trying to construct something like an Ebola Virus, and that would be a very dangerous phenomenon, to say the least. Alvin Toeffler has written
about this in terms of some scientists in their laboratories trying to
devise certain types of pathogens that would be ethnic-specific so
that they could just eliminate certain ethnic groups and races; and
others are designing some sort of engineering, some sort of insects
that can destroy specific crops. Others are engaging even in an
eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off
earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic
waves.

So there are plenty of ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations. It's real.'

Unless a US secretary of Defence has got it all wrong too. Or , just ratcheting up the fear-mongering if it isn't true . One or the other.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

No.
There is a third (and accurate) interpretation.

Cohen did not say that he believes it's possible to create earthquakes. The full context of Cohen's statement makes it clear he was talking about the use of such claims to cause problems for intelligence efforts.

Q: Let me ask you specifically about last week's scare here in Washington, and what we might have learned from how prepared we are to deal with that (inaudible), at B'nai Brith.

A: Well, it points out the nature of the threat. It turned out to be a false threat under the circumstances. But as we've learned in the intelligence community, we had something called -- and we have James Woolsey here to perhaps even address this question about phantom moles. The mere fear that there is a mole within an agency can set off a chain reaction and a hunt for that particular mole which can paralyze the agency for weeks and months and years even, in a search. The same thing is true about just the false scare of a threat of using some kind of a chemical weapon or a biological one. There are some reports, for example, that some countries have been trying to construct something like an Ebola Virus, and that would be a very dangerous phenomenon, to say the least. Alvin Toeffler has written about this in terms of some scientists in their laboratories trying to devise certain types of pathogens that would be ethnic specific so that they could just eliminate certain ethnic groups and races; and others are designing some sort of engineering, some sort of insects that can destroy specific crops. Others are engaging even in an eco- type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves.

So there are plenty of ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations. It's real, and that's the reason why we have to intensify our efforts, and that's why this is so important.

He is talking about the use of false claims (disinfo if you like) about such capabilities as an easy means of disrupting intelligence and security efforts and creating terror. They don't have to actually be able to do it, they just have to talk about it.

Sounds familiar? It's called fear mongering. We see some of it here on occasion. Out of context quotes can be a very useful tool.

[edit on 1/24/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by aspx

Take this any way you wish, but that was just plain ignorant... The US has absolutely no need for a base in Haiti. It has one just a few hundred miles away. Perhaps you've heard of it... It's called Guantanamo Bay, and the lease is indefinite...

This is just a poor, lame assed excuse to go America Bashing, and using a truly tragic event to do so. Instead of pouring all of this energy into trashing the country that is doing the most to assist this impoverished nation to recover and rebuild, why don't you put some of that energy into actually helping the Haitian people, like gathering canned goods, or raising money, or something positive!!!

Or you can just keep siding up with a malicious dictator like Chavez...

So what's it going to be? Positive role model, or waste of skin???

Having bases close to each other doesn't mean a damn, they already have two bases very close to each other in South America, infact bordering each other. Actually 3 countries.

It is called imperialism, the more countries you occupy the better, heck look at Russia, finding any excuse to invade countries so to take care of their interest in that country without any interference by the people and the government of that country. Ever heard of regime change why they go through so much to implement it?

Here is a map:
www.miprox.de...

[edit on 24-1-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
It is called imperialism,
www.miprox.de...

You can't be serious?

That map shows the US as having troops both in Russia and China not to mention practically every other country on the planet. Realize what you are looking at! [Propaganda]

We may have some "Marine Guards" at US Embassies there. I highly doubt you can count our "Embassy Security Personnel" as " Imperial Troops"

Thanks Ooz.
I needed the laugh.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Hey Mods...

Is there anyway to get us the stats... On Venezuelan IP addresses here on ats.... particularly by location...

I'd seriously Love to know if Chavez visiting the site is a possibility...

I'd really like to know how many hits ATS gets from in and around the capital of Venezuela particularly if it can be narrowed down...

IN fact...

I'd love you guy to post the stats for IP hits around all Major world capitals as best you can...

Surely this can be at least broken down to a probability...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

It is called imperialism,
www.miprox.de...

You can't be serious?

That map shows the US as having troops both in Russia and China not to mention practically every other country on the planet. Realize what you are looking at! [Propaganda]

We may have some "Marine Guards" at US Embassies there. I highly doubt you can count our "Embassy Security Personal" as " Imperial Troops"

Thanks Ooz.
I needed the laugh.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by SLAYER69]

Big difference between troop presence and having bases, I guess you didn't notice the map keys at the bottom right corner. Re-visit the map and have a second look.

Good that I made you laugh, laughter is the best medicine they say

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
So what's it going to be? Positive role model, or waste of skin???

Well, I guess you chose the latter.... And your 'source map'...

Like Mopus said, Marine Guards at Embassies DON'T count... Pathetic...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Here is a map:
www.miprox.de...

Care to list the "US Military bases" in New Zealand and Australia?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

He is talking about the use of false claims (disinfo if you like) about such capabilities as an easy means of disrupting intelligence and security efforts and creating terror. They don't have to actually be able to do it, they just have to talk about it.

Sounds familiar? It's called fear mongering. We see some of it here on occasion. Out of context quotes can be a very useful tool.

[edit on 1/24/2010 by Phage]

Still comes down to the same 2 options of either the feasilibility of the weapon exists or he is fearmongering. Doesn't matter if he is talking about the threat of rather than the actual actuality . If there is no such possibility of any such weapon , then why mention it as a terror threat , it is the same as being threatened with being invaded by a giant blamange man, ie no terror threat at all and he is fearmongering to present such apparant hokum in his discourse. If on the other hand that these intelligence servivces took it seriously, then it is an actual terror threat and they do believe in the feasibility of such a weapon .

If they believe in the possibility of such a weapon enough to take it seriously as a terror threat and to present it as thus a means of disrupting intelligence services, then we should consider their concerns and not ourselves dismiss the possibility of such a weapon , in the light that these intelligence services would have a greater appraisal of the issue than we would have .

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

We can do some amazing things, but earthquakes? Show me some evidence.

www.abbaswatchman.com...

CHINA BLAMES U.S. FOR USING HAARP PROGRAM TO CAUSE EARTH QUAKES

JUNE 1 2008

ORIGINAL ARTICLE

HAARP = EARTHQUAKE - POSTED JUNE 3 2008

Russian Foreign Ministry reports are stating today the Prime Minister Putin’s ‘sudden’ diplomatic trip to France was made at the behest of China’s President Hu in order to ‘warn’ the European Union not to become involved with the US following what is widely expected to be a ‘retaliatory strike’ against the United States, and who the Chinese military has blamed for the catastrophic May 12th earthquake that has killed nearly 90,000 human beings.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thewind

Sorcha Faal?
Your source is Sorcha Faal?

May 30, 2008

China Orders Strike Against US For Catastrophic Earthquake

By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Western Subscribers

Russian Foreign Ministry reports are stating today the Prime Minister Putin’s ‘sudden’ diplomatic trip to France was made at the behest of China’s President Hu in order to ‘warn’ the European Union not to become involved with the US following what is widely expected to be a ‘retaliatory strike’ against the United States, and who the Chinese military has blamed for the catastrophic May 12th earthquake that has killed nearly 90,000 human beings.

www.greatdreams.com...

Maybe you should see this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I'm surprised no one has mentioned all of the oil which Haiti possesses. Here is an excerpt from.... open.salon.com...

Oil in Haiti - Economic Reasons for the UN/US occupation

"There is also good evidence that these very same big US oil companies and their inter-related monopolies of engineering and defense contractors made plans, decades ago, to use Haiti's deep water ports either for oil refineries or to develop oil tank farm sites or depots where crude oil could be stored and later transferred to small tankers to serve U.S. and Caribbean ports. This is detailed in a paper about the Dunn Plantation at Fort Liberte in Haiti.

Ezili's HLLN underlines these two papers on Haiti's oil resources and the works of Dr. Ginette and Daniel Mathurin in order to provide a view one will not find in the mainstream media nor anywhere else as to the economic and strategic reasons the US has constructed its fifth largest embassy in the world - fifth only besides the US embassy in China, Iraq, Afghanistan and Germany - in tiny Haiti, post the 2004 Haiti Bush regime change.

The facts outlined in the Dunn Plantation and Georges Michel papers, considered together, reasonably unveil part of the hidden reasons UN Special Envoy to Haiti, Bill Clinton, is giving the UN occupation a facelift so that its troops stay in Haiti for the duration."

As usual, it's not about "humanitarianism" or "spreading democracy through the world". It's about OIL and a means for Bill Clinton and George W. Bush to scam people out of donations to be used for future trading platforms.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join