It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez: US Weapon Test Caused Haiti Earthquake

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
When I was in the military (US Navy) some while back Haiti would welcome our visits with open arms, and Port Au Prince was a regular port of call. The island is dirt poor, they love getting visits from the $$ military. They have no industry to speak of, other than suger cane and rum production. If the USA wanted to build a base there Haitians would pinch themselves thinking it was a dream come true. Fact is, the US Navy has ships all over the Caribbean at any time, for training exercises, shakedowns, and whatnot, and we visit, on a regular basis, the majority of the islands there, from the Bahamas to Trinidad. There's nothing in Haiti we need or don't already have.

That said, if - IF - the Navy has an advanced "earthquake producing" weapon, then I suppose Haiti would be an ideal place to try it out. It sits above an active fault line, it has no means of detecting such a weapon or resisting the military's presence. Is such a weapon possible? Would it have anything to do with the "Bloop" or "Hum" reportedly occurring in the Pacific? What sort of sonic device could possibly vibrate or dislodge tectonic plates? The force needed would have to be colossal, although a novel by Ken Follet fantasizes that a hippie commune stole a special truck capable of instigating an earthquake at will (The Hammer of Eden). Short of a specialty weapon, the idea of using a nuke to cause a quake could also be dis-proven as there are nuclear explosion monitors the world over capable of detecting an underwater or underground detonation. The use of a nuclear device would have been instantly known.

Let's face it, natural disasters happen, and the fact that the US was able to respond in better fashion than at Katrina is no reason to think conspiracy, rather it just shows how pathetic the former US administrations response to Katrina was.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by enir nabu

Bloody hell, you got it spot on thee bud, we just need to let everybody know what's really going on!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by oozyism

The 'catch' is that if we assist the Haitians in establishing a stable government and a stable economy, we won't have to spend millions of tax dollars every year trying to keep the illegal and dangerous flow of immigrants trying to reach US soil from succeeding.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by JaxonRoberts]

That is one way of looking at it, as I said before it is a matter of waiting and see.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I don't think we spend millions of dollars specifically to keep the Haitians out of the US.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Maybe Chavez needs to NOT listed to his informant Sean Penn.
This guy is out of touch.

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
If there is such an earthquake weapon, hopefully it won't be used in Yellowstone to unleash a super-volcano.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Stop taking soooo many pills... I was stationed on a Coast Guard Cutter, which was one of many, that did nothing but patrol the Haitian coast, intercept vessels filled with migrants headed to the US and repatriate them. Six weeks out, then six weeks in. So yes, millions of tax dollars were and are spent to keep Haitians from making the trip to Florida illegally...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Block off access to the ports for a few days... Unload weapons, 13k+ soldiers setting up shop for... well, God knows what!?

Haiti is good launching port for any counter strike...

Of course Im talking about the World Chess board...
It's a game God and the Devil are forced to play, and someone is going in for the check.... that's why U.S had to knock a pawn.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Why create an earthquake in Haiti???
Lets create an earthquake in Venezuela! 10.0

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
chavez also said US is testing it on Haiti for possible attack on Iran

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

A new base for American troops.

that is for sure, don't they always pick poor countries first

United Nations Stabilization Mission in Haiti

CNN,BBC, etc and few other idiots here, failed to mention that the UN has been there for a long time, and lots of support is there, what is needed is the AID to get there without American interference as they did, to rejected other aid so American troops can be brought into the country. by doing this you have killed many people. its a fact pretty stupid

in all, the Americans are just trying to get another military base built.

i would say, chaves probably will buy a nuke from russia, look at north korean since they tested the nukes, Nobody has been messing with them ! just shows you how puzzy two faced some countries are.

anyways didn't somebody say these people are cursed

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by aspx

Take this any way you wish, but that was just plain ignorant... The US has absolutely no need for a base in Haiti. It has one just a few hundred miles away. Perhaps you've heard of it... It's called Guantanamo Bay, and the lease is indefinite...

This is just a poor, lame assed excuse to go America Bashing, and using a truly tragic event to do so. Instead of pouring all of this energy into trashing the country that is doing the most to assist this impoverished nation to recover and rebuild, why don't you put some of that energy into actually helping the Haitian people, like gathering canned goods, or raising money, or something positive!!!

Or you can just keep siding up with a malicious dictator like Chavez...

So what's it going to be? Positive role model, or waste of skin???

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Sorry, I happen to agree with him, and I also find the dates of the the original one Jan 12 2010 (10 12 2010) and yesterdays, Jan 20 2010 (01 20 2010) pretty strange dates. They cast wishes or seals with blood. All their sacrificial dates are like 911, or rememberance day 11 11. These numbers are the same. Very unusual.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Stop taking soooo many pills... I was stationed on a Coast Guard Cutter, which was one of many, that did nothing but patrol the Haitian coast, intercept vessels filled with migrants headed to the US and repatriate them. Six weeks out, then six weeks in. So yes, millions of tax dollars were and are spent to keep Haitians from making the trip to Florida illegally...

I didn't say I was taking the pills.

I did not know we sent our Coast Guard so far from our home land. If that is true then I'm sorry for putting my foot in my mouth. And if that is true don't you think that is a bit excessive to block a countries coast that is hundreds of miles away from us?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

At least prior to 9/11, when the Coast Guard was part of the Dept. of Transportation, it routinely patroled the Caribbean, both for drug intradiction and for migrant intradiction. I'm sure that since then, it has only increased such patrols as a part of the Dept. of Homeland Security. It is part of the Coast Guard's job to stop the flow of illegal aliens into the US. They are basically the Border Patrol of the open seas....

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
You know the game where you spin a globe around, and then stop it with your fingertip. Wherever the finger lands you go. Well Im at a good friends and he happens to own a pretty nice globe, something you dont really see anymore... maybe its because on some unconscious level we dont care about mother earth anymore.

Well anyways, I said that I bet whereever my finger lands after spinning it, there will be an earthquake. WAs this coincidence that my finger landed on Hati or am I some sort of telekinetic?

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Well]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I find Chavez's announcement very intriguing, and I feel that my hunch was verified. I was one of the first on the haiti earthquake thread to bring up that this was done by a weapon. *sigh* I hate being right.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
I was one of the first on the haiti earthquake thread to bring up that this was done by a weapon. *sigh* I hate being right.

Pity you are not right in this case! Chavez is just doing his normal anti USA rant, not based in any facts

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Seeing that most agree upon the fact that an induced earthquake is possible it's good, because looking at what was possible about 100 years ago, can be 100 times more powerful and "productive" nowadays.

One thing is for sure, from my point of view , the premises of an attack over Iran will be created after the installation of US military in Haiti.
Cuba and Venezuela will be severely monitored , to say the least ..., and something like a counter attack from those countries ( or most likely an attempt of self defending from them...) will be meaningless and with consequences.

Now others potential helpers of Iran will most likely receive the same attention from the US , to try to minimize any potential resistance , besides iranian. It will b interesting to see what means they will use next in their pursuit of achieving their goal.
Now it was an earthquake , what 's next? what will they invent next? And you must agree it was an ingenious solution, because now, more than ever , the occupying of the country is clearly supported by citizens of US and all over the world , with their donations, money , food, and everything else.
Food doesn't even reach the haitians , only after the last US soldier will arrive , as we all know there is a problem with airplane landings in Haiti.

I've read some comments like : if this earthquake was induced or a test, why not use it on Iran in the first place?
for how long the war on Iraq lasted? It will be much more profitable for some people if an invasion the same as it happened in Irak will take place in Iran.
Something like an earthquake will mean huge amounts of money lost , number of contracts signed by different contractors will most probably be reduced in half , time spent in the region as well , and i could go on

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The US military has been in Hati a long time. 2 of my nephews spent a year there in the 80's. You couln.t pay them to go back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join