It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez: US Weapon Test Caused Haiti Earthquake

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Does anyone remember the mysterious "sonic boom" that shook San Diego just a few short weeks ago and that supposedly originated from the Pacific Ocean?
abovetopsecret.com...

I live in the area and it sure did feel like an earthquake to me.

Possible connnection here?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The Alamo Ripper

If I have sufficient evidence that the U.S was responsible for this, and knowing that I can't win a conventional war, then yes. Put yourself in their shoes, how would you react if another country created an earthquake and killed 50,000 of your countrymen, because they think you're just a bunch of parasites? Or what happens if another country had this weapon, used it in Texas and killed 50,000 people, how would you react?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

But the geothermal projects mentioned in the link you provided are due to actually drilling into the Earth, no one was in Haiti drilling into the Earth.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
If the US wanted to test an earthquake weapon, why would they test it on Haiti?

How about the rural mountains in Pakistan or perhaps Yemen ?

How about testing it when the Iranian president is giving one of his hate speeches?

I'm sorry I don't think that Haiti was worth targeting.

as unfortunate as the truth is

the truth is if the usa did want to test this on a population, prior to using it on its main target, haiti would be a good target as horrible it is to say that

usually when testing a new technology, it starts being tested out on small scale on paper, in the lab under the microscope, then on a few test animals, then eventually in the field or on humans, maybe this was their first field test

haiti has the strong people who will recover from the incident, they are a very cheap country to rebuild, it will probably cost more to rebuild then it cost to develop to the point it will be, so as sad as it is to say, hopefully when haiti rebuilds it will be better then it was before the disaster because of the disaster

in a weird, horrible atrocious way, this event will hopefully make haiti better and give it a better infrastructure

and it makes the bad guys look like good guys, if the USA did cause it, they would be the bad guys, but with all this help they are giving, they are looking like the good guys

haitians are on camera chanting "usa usa usa" as someone was rescued recently

if this was haarp, which could possibly be the case, they have succeeded

i just dont think the knowledge of haarp, if there is some type of weapon or weather control function will ever see the light of day as far as the general population goes, especially anytime soon

so id say during our lifetimes at least, this event will always be considered a natural disaster

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I guess you haven't heard of

Tesla's Earthquake Machine

www.angelfire.com...

before tesla died all the secrets went in russia and some in the united states government, for future expectations

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Dammit! I was hoping Chavez wouldn't turn out to be such a fruitcake.

He should create an account here at ATS. He'll fit right in with some of our members.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Chavez is NOT a fruitcake. here's a few tidbits for the naive:

Haiti is valuable to us as far as positioning geographically if we occupied it. We've been trying to take over Haiti for years. We want them to depopulate and they've always refused. Not to mention the World Bank loan of $73 Million they received and cannot pay back. When countries agree to a loan from the World Bank or the IMF and cannot pay it back (which they never can) they are supposed to agree to allow the USA in to change policies. When they refuse, our CIA infiltrate and try to setup a coup so the country/President is toppled and we move in. Not to mention the possible mining capabilities we know exist there.

Chavez will always be ridiculed to make him look nutty. It's because of his country being one of the OPEC countries that converted their FIAT currency to Euro from US Dollars in 2002. We didn't like that too much. We've tried to kill him numerous times and eve attempted a coup. We want the VZ oil reserves. He won't give it up.

If you really question our ability to control weather or cause earthquakes...google Nikolas Tesla and do some reading for a few minutes. We've been able to target areas with man made disasters for years. Remember Katrina? Remember those monsoons, hurricanes and that tidal wave in Asia recently that wiped out numbers of people...in specific areas that the elite want depopulated? Not a coincidence. A lot easier to kill thousands of people with weather than by lining them up and shooting them. You can't hold Mother Nature responsible.

[edit on 01/19/2009 by enir nabu]

[edit on 01/19/2009 by enir nabu]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hugo Chavez is not a good guy. He is not helping his people by making things up about the US. If he has any sort of proof, he should have shown it instead of babbling things off the top of his head. I lived in Venezuela for two years in the 90's, this is what Caracas looks like

archithoughts.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Call me a monster, but if someone or something doesn't do anything about severely overpopulated , underfinanced, undereducated and malnourished regions of the world, who or what will?

Sorry, but there are certain parts of this world that are too far gone to be saved.

Back up a little bit, take a practical, unbiased look at things and tell yourself that it's okay to let people live like that when you and I both know that the civilised, rich nations of the world won't do anything about it even if we could.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Perhaps they decided to test nearer to home and see what level of damage can be caused before testing on another country??
white a scary thought!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by unicorn1
This article, from 2004, explains US interest in Haiti
www.wsws.org...
You could argue that it's biased, but there is plenty of other, similar opinion on the net.
I initially thought the conspiracy theories about this were nonsense but the way things have unfolded just don't feel right.
I think there are 3 main questions
1) Is it technologically possible to spark off an earthquake in a targetted zone?
2) What would be the gain (if any) to US of taking control in Haiti?
3) Would the US have the will to do such a thing? (in the interests of whatever).

I think time will tell what's going on here.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by unicorn1]

In answer to question (1) I honestly don't know. But if you research a little into the experiments and inventions that Nikola Tesla was involved in about 90 years ago, you could conclude that this is almost definetly possible.

In answer to question (2) A very significant place for the USA to build a military base, giving them close proximity to Venezuela and northern countries of South America.

In answer to question (3) Just look at the atrocities of 9/11 for the indication of wether the USA has the will to carry out such acts.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
We know that huge tunnel boring machines exist (TBM's), so why test a weapon in the ocean when you can drill nearer to the location and set something off underground right under the target and use the natural weakness of the Earth.

After the detonation event (earthquake), the military get deployed, set up a large base (for humanitarian purposes) and when things calm down a bit the tunnel is continued/finished to pop up right under the new base providing a hidden fast transport network hub and access for further activity.

The detonation event would also relieve the stresses in the area to prevent natural damage after further construction of these kind of tunnels, especially where they cross or meet the techtonic shifting areas. In this case, the North American and the Caribbean plates.

Next stop..South America and that damned Chavez!

What better way to get your foot in the door eh?

These machines have been around for many years and were originally developed in the mid 19th Century so it makes me wonder just what kind of rabbit warren there is down there and just how far some of them stretch (round the globe).

Just a thought.....possibly a little far fetched, but impossible?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Read up on Eurotunnel.
Under water from England to France.

It took 4-5 years and 10 billion £ to build 31.4 miles.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Read up on it...
I've been through the "Chunnel" many times and remember seeing it on the news frequently when they were constructing it. I've also lived both sides of it.

I consider it one of the little sidelines compared to what I mentioned earlier.

11 tunnel boring machines were involved in that construction....where are they now?

Wiki..Eurotunnel

[edit on 20/1/2010 by nerbot]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I'm sorry I don't think that Haiti was worth targeting.

Even though it lies just north of Venezuela? And the US has now got a green light to station troops there?

Well, if Iran suffers a major earthquake which is followed by action by US forces, we'll know Chavez was telling the truth.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I guess no one pays attention to the rest of the islands down in that area. I would say that the reason why Hati and alot of the islands down there, have been having earthquakes is cause Monseraitte is very active and has been erupting right now.
Though Chavez makes alot of claims, he does not back it up with proof to state why he thinks that it was a weapon. I believe it is just rhetoric right now, however, I also believe it may build up for something bigger from some of those countries in that area.
I seriously doubt the tunnel theory, cause the area that it would go through is geologically unstable and suffers from earthquakes all year long.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
I seriously doubt the tunnel theory, cause the area that it would go through is geologically unstable and suffers from earthquakes all year long.

Which is why a good "shake up" of the area may have been part of the plan so a tunnel could continue it's journey (south).

Hey...it was just a theory.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Your whole argument revolves around the protection of the resources and yet you fail to mention the UN troops. Haiti is not an American state, you can't just unanimously send thousands of troops, that is called an invasion.

It is obvious, the opportunity was there and they took it.

Answer this one, what if China sent couple thousand armed troops to Haiti and took control of the coastal and airfields?

Don't you think America could have helped under the UN? US troops do work for the UN also, so why did America take this step? They are not afraid of admitting the fact of a full blown occupation. Heck they occupied two countries couple of years back without any justification.

The Haiti invasion at least in some form or another can be justified. No?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I guess you didn't get the memo (or bother to do your own research), but the US was invited by the Haitian Government to do what it's doing...

So much for those 'invasion' accusations...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

How do you know the Haitian government wasn't under the influence of the American government before, during and after this disaster?

No need to be accused of invasion if they knew they would be welcome.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join