It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you think HAARP is creating Disasters then LISTEN UP

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
what has happened to this world, when one has to prove that an earthquake is natural rather than man made

jeesh

It means they're scared as hell, not sure of what the future holds and need to make sense of all the things happening that seem hell-bent on destroying them. If some ONE is responsible, it provides a sense that it can be controlled both as a cause and as a way to prevent, even if those responsible seem out of control. One could say it's the opposite of deifying the reasons for unfortunate events. If a human is behind it, it might be possible for another human to intervene but with the gods or nature, no way, we are subject to their or its every caprice.

In short, I postulate that conspiracists are control freaks.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

What plate shift was that? just wondering.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
it was actually a carribean plate, there was no tsunami because the plates slid together side to side, it wasnt a slip which creates tsunamis

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Here's just a thought... But what if a team of ATS members were to petition to tour and research HAARP? If there is no secret conspiracy, they should jump at the chance to have this put to rest, and if there is a secret conspiracy, they should jump at the chance to have it buried by conspiracy theorists themselves... ATS does provide Press Credentials, and we do have members pretty much EVERYWHERE, so...

Just a thought...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

People are so thick, so ready to blame something on people,
ive heard numerous things on ATS like

oh the Haiti quake was caused by HAARP so we could rush in and look like heros

or Haarp is behind all of the quakes happening

your ruining threads that have meaning, taking away from the tragedy of such events

please stop ranting and reducing threads to crap with all your HAARP banter
its old, its silly, and its a bit of a joke

Stick to facts, trends with the Earth, and Sun,
Stop blaming humans for Natural events

save that for the conspiracy thread please

[edit on 1/20/2010 by l neXus l]

Hey Flag whore, If you don't like it then ignore it. You post no evidence that points to HAARP not being able to do what you mentioned. In contrary they're is evidence from Tesla and others that prove your theory WRONG.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

So it was the small Carribean Plate that got squished by the both large North American Plate, and the South American Plate, that's three plates. Since the two big plates are both moving West, the Carribean Plate has no choice but to go along with them, except maybe the Eastern side which may be subsumed eventually by the North Plate. In fact it's hard to understand why there are not perpetual 'quakes there. Edit to add, re Tsunami, I didn't mention that, but I had thought about it!! maybe that's why the BBC pulled their page on Tsunami watch in Haiti. I wonder though if there was any water disturbance around the Western waters, and also the predictability of this event given that geostationary satellites are watching the movements of Plates for a while now.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

first off what is a flag whore? and second, i NEVER NEVER NEVER said HAARP cuoldnt cause quakes, i know about tesla, ive watched mythbusters, i just said it didnt cause the haiti quake,

heres proof , fox says its caused by plate slip

www.foxnews.com...

danny glover says its caused by Global Warming

www.thefoxnation.com...

Hugo Chavez Says U.S. Weapon Caused Haitian Earthquake

newsone.com...

Pat Robertson: Haiti "Cursed" After "Pact to the Devil"

www.cbsnews.com...

now tell me out of those four, which one seems the most logical?

[edit on 1/21/2010 by l neXus l]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

first off what is a flag whore? and second, i NEVER NEVER NEVER said HAARP cuoldnt cause quakes, i know about tesla, ive watched mythbusters, i just said it didnt cause the haiti quake,

heres proof , fox says its caused by plate slip

www.foxnews.com...

danny glover says its caused by Global Warming

www.thefoxnation.com...

Hugo Chavez Says U.S. Weapon Caused Haitian Earthquake

newsone.com...

Pat Robertson: Haiti "Cursed" After "Pact to the Devil"

www.cbsnews.com...

now tell me out of those four, which one seems the most logical?

[edit on 1/21/2010 by l neXus l]

So now you chose to believe Fox news lol, Of course Fox is going to say that because that in the end is what an earthquake is. ALL QUAKES ARE CAUSED BY FAULTS MOVING. HAARP CAN TRIGGER THEM NOT JUST MAKE THEM OUT OF THIN AIR. Some natural pressure would halve to exist but HAARP may be able to shake them loose prematurely and amplify them by making more areas move at once.

Say you have a wine glass sitting on the edge of a table. Now its balanced there and may never fall off, but if you now turn on your home stereo and start playing some opera music everything should still be fine. Now change your music to LL Cool J and turn your amp down to 50Hz and crank it. Now imagine 0.2Hz

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
hhahah yes this thread just became amazing with that statement about LL cool J

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

HAARP does not produce acoustic waves. It produces radio waves. There is a difference.

Radio waves are electromagnetic radiation. Sound waves are vibrations within matter. Electromagnetic waves do not cause matter to vibrate (without an antenna, tuner, amplifier, demodulator and speaker).

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

How about something unexplainable? Take a current look at the sat map of Toronto, Ont, Canada. Follow that beam - draw a line - and see where it ends up. That has been on the map - and has not moved - since the earthquakes started. Coincidence? Maybe, but it's one hell of a coincidence.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by dgtempe

Here's just a thought... But what if a team of ATS members were to petition to tour and research HAARP? If there is no secret conspiracy, they should jump at the chance to have this put to rest, and if there is a secret conspiracy, they should jump at the chance to have it buried by conspiracy theorists themselves... ATS does provide Press Credentials, and we do have members pretty much EVERYWHERE, so...

Just a thought...

What would a tour actually prove?

I could tour it tomorrow and I'd see a bunch of Antenna...

Without knowing the Physics and sciences as good as they do I'm analyzing invisible waves without all the information.

Theoretical physics... is Theoretical... there is as I see it no actual way for any of us to know exactly what Haarp can or can not do Even if we understand the science without being given access to to a few Hundred Antenna on High power with dials to play with to see what actually happens.

Some of our guesses in here are better than others, obviously your either a science wiz or not...

but you just don't know how it rolls unless you play with the toy. No one can say anything is 100% unless they are given actual access to Haarp... there are strange properties to things in this world, that's why we are free to guess at many outlandish possibilities...

I'd dare say those fortunate enough to play with such expensive toys have at least the imagination of those that want to and write down ideas they have as to HOW this may or may not be used, for certain, experiments are done, what the results are we can only guess at.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
About 2 years ago 5 Hurricanes randomly showed up in the gulf of mexico area , the first year HAARP was built , now all these schemes have been into play because of control through Weather manipulation . Look it up Russia made the first machine in the 50's.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownAgenda26

Haiti is in hurricane alley, they have been repeatedly hit by hurricanes (and earthquakes) for years, long before HAARP was even dreamed of.

Some of the worst natural disasters to batter Haiti:

- 1770: Strong earthquake devastates Port-au-Prince in then French colony.

- 1842: Earthquake destroys Cap-Haitien and other cities in northern Haiti and Dominican Republic.

- 1935: Unnamed storm kills more than 2,000 in Haiti before moving on to Florida as hurricane, where 400 die.

- 1946: Magnitude-8.1 quake strikes Dominican Republic and Haiti, causing tsunami that kills 1,790 people.

- 1954: Hurricane Hazel kills hundreds in Haiti.

- 1963: Hurricane Flora leaves more than 6,000 dead in Haiti and Cuba.

- 1994: Hurricane Gordon blamed for hundreds of deaths in Haiti.

- 1998: Hurricane Georges destroys 80 percent of Haiti's crops while killing more than 400.

- May 2004: Three days of heavy rains cause floods that kill more than 2,600.

- September 2004: Tropical Storm Jeanne causes flooding and landslides that kill 1,900 and leave 200,000 homeless in Gonaives, Haiti's third-largest city.

- October 2007: Tropical Storm Noel triggers mudslides and floods, killing at least 57 Haitians.

- August and September 2008: Three hurricanes and tropical storm kill some 800 in Haiti, devastate crops and cause $1 billion in damage.

- Jan. 12, 2010: Magnitude-7.0 quake levels buildings in Port-Au-Prince, raising fears of tens of thousands of deaths.*

Also, HAARP has been in operation since the 90's, not the last couple of years.

[edit on 21/1/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That's something to think about. What if, (mechanical) sound waves are merely dissipated in space, rather than a perfect vacuum but still are there. And what if electromagnetic waves includes something like a phonon which does interact with matter, it's almost like you are talking about the same thing. Potentially the biggest F--- the world has ever known, and it will blow you away.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It is foolish to be so quick to point out a reason behind an event such as this. When you surround yourself with 'knowledge' such as the information on HAARP it is no surprise that many would come to this conclusion. If people in general would learn as much about naturally occuring anomalies as much as they do about 'far fetched' reasoning, then perhaps in that gray area the truth may be revealed.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
For those who believe HAARP is a technology which might be used to cause devastation such as the Haitian earthquake, considering HAARP has been around for over 15 years, who's to say there aren't other nations out there with sufficient wherewithal to build their own HAARP and caused the Haitian earthquake?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I honestly don't see why, if someone believes that HAARP did cause the earthquake, he can't have any pity or emotions for what happened.
I honestly didn't go for the HAARP option, but I believethat 9/11 is a conspiracy, and I still empathy for the ones who died / lost loved ones.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Any retard in military would consider the possibility of using weapons to facilitate the occurrence of earthquakes.

It may or may not be HAARP but you can bet your bottom dollar they have and are doing research on such weapons. Given the secrecy of research today I think the assumption that they may already have it is now a cause of concern.

Hmm... a weapon that will kill thousands and no one will point the finger. Certainly the next-gen when compared with Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
HAARP is only what we see above ground... Just think about all the ground shaking, devious, experimental tech embedded in the earths crust.

Remember, it took AT&T to show the non-believers the telephone was NOT magic.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join