It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Israel to Strike Iran in March, Lebanon Could Get Involved

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

www.naharnet.com

Diplomatic sources haven't ruled out to al-Liwaa newspaper Lebanon's involvement in a possible war between Israel and Iran.

The sources told the daily that the Jewish state is planning in coordination with the U.S. to strike Iranian nuclear states next March.

Israel and the U.S. will not allow Iran to put into operation its nuclear project, the diplomat said, adding that the Jewish state's seven-member inner cabinet has given the green light for the attack.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I have no idea how trustworthy the source is or whats going on. If this was real, shouldn't it be a bit more breaking news worthy?

Either way, I'm throwing it out there to ATS members to decide.

Personally, I think we have heard it all before, but who really knows.

Maybe it really is about to go down. It is interesting given the timing of Israel handing out gas masks to all its residents?

www.naharnet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
LOL. Wow... us Humans never seize to amaze me. I wonder how much effort they've put into making peace with Iran compared to how much effort they've put into defense of enemy and how much they've put into being able to "strike back" if stricken first? LOL. Instead of making peace, let's assure our fear!!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Tired of hearing it from last year atleast 4 times a month. Sorry nothing against OP but there will be no war this year. The saber rattling will continue as it is.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Yeah we've been hearing this since 2006... We're kinda tired of it all...

The thing is that the Netanyahu government may fall if the motion to bring down the government pass...it was introduced today.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Yeah I'm just throwing it out there. I'm certainly in no position as a person to say "Yes, there will be a war" or "No, there won't be a war". Perhaps it will and perhaps it won't.

All I can say is, this Iran situation will not go on forever. There has to be a solution at some point, be it a peaceful resolution or military conflict...

And we just simply aren't on the path of a peaceful solution.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The article says "next March", but the headline says "in March". But I'm sure they mean this March, when the Iranian nuclear power plant may become operational.

Plus, when you toss in the story about Israel handing out gas masks in February, it sounds pretty convincing.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Well if Israel were going to strike, they would do it prior to the facility becoming operational wouldn't they? Wouldn't a bomb against a "live" nuke facility cause all sorts of problems, almost like Chernobyl?

This story is either completely bunk or its not. Indeed when you compare the timing with the timing for Gas masks it makes you wonder...

But if it is bunk, the journalist could easily be thinking that himself to make his report seem more credible and scary?

Like all things that get posted on ATS, I guess we will have to wait and see

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadiatorOfTheLight
LOL. Wow... us Humans never seize to amaze me. I wonder how much effort they've put into making peace with Iran compared to how much effort they've put into defense of enemy

Are you kidding me!??????????????????? Iran doesn't want peace.
You cannot tell me US hasn't TRIED OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER to have diplomatic talks with them....

Iran got way more give than Iraq did.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Would you say to an alcoholic, here's a free bar?

Would you say to a drug dealer, have some free heroin?

Why are we saying to Iran that we will slap another useless UN Sanction on them?

The clock is ticking and it's nearly "Time's up!".

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
There's a high probability that Israel will NOT attack Iran imho for the following reasons unless I be can be proven wrong:

1. If USA will not back up Israel then Israel will just have signed its destruction because the retaliation from Iran and other muslim countries will be overwhelming.
2. From the looks of it the Obama admin is not fully on Israel's side - not like the Bush admin. The Obama admin wants to appease the muslim countries - so is doing everything to avoid confrontation.
3. The U.N will not allow it to happen since the security council are mostly against Israel. They will probably step in before any attack happens. Force Israel and Iran to make peace.
4. Iran promises that if attack - it will unleash destruction on its neighbors with the intention of dragging them in the war. If these happens, the OIL supply will be greatly affected - price will spike worldwide.
5. If Israel attacks Iran - the muslim nations (specially the extreme) will be motivated if not, be forced to unite with Iran.
6. There's no guaranty that the nuke facilities will be completely destroyed since some of them (Qum) are deep underground.
7. Russia, China and Central Americas will not allow it to happen since it threathens them also (friends of Iran).
8. Iran has enough arsenal - new ones - that it will be impossible to hit or stop them all.
9. If this war starts - the stability of the region will impact the rest of the world - possible economic collapse.
10. If this war starts who is able to stop it - is there a guaranty that nuclear weapons in one form or another will nor be used?
10. Will the U.S/ allies have the stomach and stamina nd most of all money to strart another war - on top of Irag/Afganistan/War on terror?
11. Will the world able to afford this kind of war in a middle of a worsening economic chaos?
12. More but these are just the immediate effects if Iran is attacked.

on the other hand...if none of the things I listed above happens - Iran will become a nuclear power and it will be just a matter of time before something happens but by then it will be too late!!! The destruction will be unimaginable - pray that there's a God who is able to stop it or else no one will be left alive.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jose11
on the other hand...if none of the things I listed above happens - Iran will become a nuclear power and it will be just a matter of time before something happens but by then it will be too late!!! The destruction will be unimaginable - pray that there's a God who is able to stop it or else no one will be left alive.

Thats a little extreme don't you think? No one left alive?

All the points you made are valid. But all it comes down to is Israel (if they havn't been lying and know full well that Iran won't ever launch any kind of attack on Israel) make a choice of all the listed above as a result of attacking Iran nuke facilities, or live with a nuclear powered Iran, and probably starting off a nuclear arms race in the middle east.

No matter what, this will never be solved diplomatically. It's as simple as that.

There will either be a military strike on Iran, or the world will need to live with a nuclear Iran.

And I'm guessing both outcomes are not going to be very good

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
...just being melodramatic ... but you know what I mean... if nuclear weapons are used then what are the chances of a long term survival? Either way like what you said Nomad 'both outcome are not going to be very good'.
Remember this also, who is really running Iran - mullas - based on what the pres of Iran said - they have these belief that the 12th prophet (I'm not sure if that's what they call it) will only come unless the "great satan' (i.e. US) is destroyed. Thus the rush and the aggresiveness to acquire a nuke. What will happen if they acquire it?????

--> so as the saying goes 'we are in a pickle' - with no clear way out.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Yeah the 12th Imam. Well, honestly I've only ever heard that from mainstream news, and I take it all with a grain of salt.

As far as I'm concerned, saying that Iran is ruled by "apocalyptic" ideologies and that Iran want to create world chaos to usher in the 12th Imam is just more hogwash and propaganda against Iran.

I personally don't believe Iran are striving for a nuclear weapon.. And if they are then I can't blame them especially with a nuclear armed Israel in the region.

I see no good outcomes from this because A) Israel may launch an attack that would spiral into full-scale war within moments.

B) Iran are allowed to continue enriching Uranium which may cause other middle-eastern countries to start doing that same, leading to more war anyway.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadiatorOfTheLight
LOL. Wow... us Humans never seize to amaze me. I wonder how much effort they've put into making peace with Iran compared to how much effort they've put into defense of enemy and how much they've put into being able to "strike back" if stricken first? LOL. Instead of making peace, let's assure our fear!!

Indeed Humans are amazing. Israel has basically been at war with its neighbors either outright or by proxy, since its birth. They are surrounded, outgunned, out numbered. Her citizens are the targets of suicide bombers, and small rocket attacks. The PLO, Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran, et al, have left no room for doubt and have even stated outright on more than one occasion, that their goal is to see the destruction of the state of Israel. They have given up land, tried to share a city, and at one time even offered statehood to the Pals.

I ask then just how much effort you might think constitutes enough?

As I have stated before, Israel has learned the hard way that if you wait to defend yourself, until your back is to the wall and the odds stacked against you, you may find that you have waited to long and now face imminent defeat or in the case of Israel, genocide. Israel has been left with no other options. They have waited long enough and I believe to long to address the situation with Iran, and the Pals. This will be a rapid, multipronged, hard hitting, action whose goal will be to set back as much a possible Iran’s nuclear bomb program, and at the same time go into Gaza and southern Lebanon in force to deal with the PLO, Hamas, and Hezbollah. The current actions in Gaza are nothing more than Israel attempting to get as many civilians as possible to leave before the conflict
The US should be giving Israel its full support along with every material support she might ask for in these endeavors. That is the least we do to for having Israel clean up our messes.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

These media predictions of attack have been going on for years.

But in fact,I do think it will happen because first, it is what Iran wants and second, it is what Israel feels bound to do. Between them, they are a self-fulfilling prophesy of catastrophe. Iran wants to initiate the return of the Mahdi and Israel is too insecure to allow Iran to possess a nuke... so they will both happily accommodate the fanatics of the other.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
Yeah the 12th Imam. Well, honestly I've only ever heard that from mainstream news, and I take it all with a grain of salt.

As far as I'm concerned, saying that Iran is ruled by "apocalyptic" ideologies and that Iran want to create world chaos to usher in the 12th Imam is just more hogwash and propaganda against Iran.

I personally don't believe Iran are striving for a nuclear weapon.. And if they are then I can't blame them especially with a nuclear armed Israel in the region...

Sadly, the truth is they believe this - return of the madhi - a quick google will confirm this - here's one report just this last December:
"Ahmadinejad reportedly claims he has documented evidence that the U.S. is blocking the return of Mahdi, the Imam believed by Muslims to be the savior.

“We have documented proof that they believe that a descendant of the prophet of Islam will raise in these parts and he will dry the roots of all injustice in the world,” Ahmadinejad said during a speech on Monday, according to Al Arabiya"

www.foxnews.com...

- history also shows Iran is goverened by fanatical leaders who are also very concerned of their existence and the corruption of their religion. So imho - this is the only logical reason why they want the nukes. To fulfill the return of madhi. At the same time destroy Israel.
Remember the shout in Europe - Islam will become dominant force in the coming years which is tied to that 12th imam/madhi they are crying for.

And like what I already said - if none of the things that I listed will not deter Isreael then war will be invitable.

--then there's this other front that is opening: Regime change - if the protesters inside Iran are succesful in toppling the regime then, there's a possibilty of peace in the region. That is if the following are meet:

1. The military will side with the protesters.
2. The protest will become so violent that the world will demand a regime change.
3. The mullahs will stand down and listen to the people.
...but....

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Here's the latest from the leaders of Iran:

"
TEHRAN, Iran (AP) - Iran's supreme leader predicted the destruction of Israel in comments posted on his Web site on Wednesday, in some of his strongest remarks in years about the Jewish state.
In the past, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has called Israel a "cancerous tumor" that must be wiped from the map, but the new comments mark the first time in years he has openly speculated about Israel's demise.

"Definitely, the day will come when nations of the region will witness the destruction of the Zionist regime," Khamenei was quoted as saying. "How soon or late (Israel's demise) will happen depends on how Islamic countries and Muslim nations approach the issue."

Q: Does this mean that Iran has the nukes already or about to have them?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I don't think the bombing will ever happen.

Sure, Israel bombed Iraq back in the 80s, but this is a different time.

Even with the U.S. Government in Israel's back pocket, they would never allow Israel to go to town on Iran....at least not without evidence.

Iran said that they need this for civilian purposes. And what if they are actually are going to use for just that?

I think Iran is, was, and always be playing with Israel's head.

Iran knows that if Israel attacks, all bets are off.

Sure the U.S. military could get involved, make up some excuse to go in an "liberate" Iranians like they did in Iraq, but Obama HAS to be smart to have seen the fallout and backlash from Bush accusing Iraq, and making up proof.

And I'm sure the UK are now "once bitten, twice shy" about the though of going into Iran.

But, for a hypothetical second, let's say Israel attacks Iran.

Here comes Lebanon.
Here comes Syria.
Here comes Russia.
Here comes North Korea (missles only)
Here comes China.
Here comes Palestine (you attack another muslim country on whim, and no wall will hold them back).

Basically, Israel would be invaded on all sides.

And the U.S.? If they're smart, they stay out it. But you know that won't happen.

Any country that aids Israel in their attack would be subject to the fullest extent of Muslim law.

And it wouldn't be pretty.

The only thing that could ever make it worse for everybody, is if Israel nuked Iran.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I seriously doubt North korea would get involved. Also there is no such country as Palestine.

Most strategists agree that before Israel would attack Iran they would begin with Hezbollah first. That way they would go ahead and deal with that threat and the ensuing fallout (i.e. Hamas and Lebanon & possibly Syria).

Once that was over then they would hit Iran being that those other threats had already been eliminated for the most part. Israel wont just hit Iran then wait to be attacked by them and everyone else.

There has been a lot of talk in the news lately about renewed conflict with Hezbo. My guess is when we see this happen, we will know the attack on Iran is not far off. Thats why the Obama adminsitration announced just yesterday that the US was beefing up its presence in the area immediately. Because its all about to hit the fan soon.

Originally posted by VinnieGregorino
I don't think the bombing will ever happen.

Sure, Israel bombed Iraq back in the 80s, but this is a different time.

Even with the U.S. Government in Israel's back pocket, they would never allow Israel to go to town on Iran....at least not without evidence.

Iran said that they need this for civilian purposes. And what if they are actually are going to use for just that?

I think Iran is, was, and always be playing with Israel's head.

Iran knows that if Israel attacks, all bets are off.

Sure the U.S. military could get involved, make up some excuse to go in an "liberate" Iranians like they did in Iraq, but Obama HAS to be smart to have seen the fallout and backlash from Bush accusing Iraq, and making up proof.

And I'm sure the UK are now "once bitten, twice shy" about the though of going into Iran.

But, for a hypothetical second, let's say Israel attacks Iran.

Here comes Lebanon.
Here comes Syria.
Here comes Russia.
Here comes North Korea (missles only)
Here comes China.
Here comes Palestine (you attack another muslim country on whim, and no wall will hold them back).

Basically, Israel would be invaded on all sides.

And the U.S.? If they're smart, they stay out it. But you know that won't happen.

Any country that aids Israel in their attack would be subject to the fullest extent of Muslim law.

And it wouldn't be pretty.

The only thing that could ever make it worse for everybody, is if Israel nuked Iran.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join