It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brown: Mass. victory sends 'very powerful message'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Brown's victory in Mass, is sure to be a game changer.
The administration has it's greatest test. What to do now.

Brown won, fair. Coakley ran an incompetent campaign, went on vacation, made numerous gaffs, and generally blew it.

Senate seats do not belong to families.

Brown has a chance to be a powerhouse. Will he be the catalyst that topples Obama?
The people have spoken, the voting is done. The Democrats no longer have a majority. The system worked yesterday.

From AP Link to Article

BOSTON – Republican Scott Brown, fresh from a stunning Massachusetts Senate victory that shook the power balance on Capitol Hill, declared Wednesday that his election had sent a "very powerful message" that voters are weary of backroom deals and Washington business-as-usual.

Democrats scrambled to explain the loss, which imperils President Barack Obama's agenda for health care and other hard-fought domestic issues. Republicans greeted their victory with clear glee.

"The president ought to take this as a message to recalibrate how he wants to govern, and if he wants to govern from the middle we'll meet him there," said Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky.

Obama said the Massachusetts vote reflected the mood around the country. "People are angry, and they're frustrated," he said in an interview with ABC News.

End Quote

[edit on 20-1-2010 by ziggystrange]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystrange

Hi Ziggy strange

Looks like Obama is pretty screwed right now.
Do you think he's going to try to pass HCR before Brown is sworn in?

I don't believe anything anymore. Honestly I'm not sure what to believe.

I like Obama, but he hasn't done much. This place is pretty intense. I just joined. Go easy on me.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberStray
reply to post by ziggystrange

Hi Ziggy strange

Looks like Obama is pretty screwed right now.
Do you think he's going to try to pass HCR before Brown is sworn in?

I don't believe anything anymore. Honestly I'm not sure what to believe.

I like Obama, but he hasn't done much. This place is pretty intense. I just joined. Go easy on me.

Welcome Cyberstray, and thanks for posting.

Well, I'm somewhat puzzled myself, I really expected more from Obama. I don't think he's going to pull any fast ones right now.

We're going to have to wait and see.

Wait until you see some of the threads here, you won't believe that stuff.

Cheers

Ziggy Strange

new topics

join