It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Idol 2010

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
They could do what "So You Think You Can Dance" does and have the bottom three vote getters go before the judges and let them decided who goes home. That would keep the quality in tact and still give the voters a say.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Intriguing idea....but from the money side of it...they want the most popular (not necessarily the most talented) to go on the tour...(more tour $$$)...

Although, SYTYCD does well on tour too...(and man, my seats were so close last year, I got some of Janine's sweat on me...)

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The singers did songs from Billboard 100 number one hits last night. The one to knock it out of the ballpark was Crystal. Big Mike, Casey and Siobhan did very well too. Aaron had laryngitis but he still sang well. Lee still needs a break out moment (as does Casey, although he is popular). The others were OK, but the worst three were Andrew, Tim and poor Paige.

Paige was just awful, and Tim was a sliver better than awful meaning he was quite bad. Andrew was the worst of them to me, as I expect much more from him. Andrew has a good voice, but has done terrible since the competition began in the top 24.

I think Paige is going home tonight, as Tim and Andrew have a loyal following. I do think that Tim and Andrew are the next two to get booted, unless they have a wow moment and someone tanks.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I was right and Paige was eliminated. I also did not even watch the elimination round. I went to a site and read about it there as I do not like how things are stretched out on that show.

Next week I am guessing Tim is a goner unless he wows the audience. Aaron is a much better singer and probably stealing his votes every week.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Even my wife (an avid fan of the show, and even the tours) isn't really watching it as much this season, and has missed a few episodes...

Entertainment Weekly this week, even has a story about the show, saying "Why can't they sing?"....Yikes!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The ratings of the show are also down. I was expecting them to possibly rise as this is Simon's last season.

There are only a few really good singers, with the next few being OK. The rest have been really bad. The interesting thing is they all sounded so good at Hollywood week.

While I have been watching the show, if something is on that is better (non reality) I will be watching it.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The only one I really like is Crystal, Shioban screams too much, but I do like her personality. Tim and DiDi are just aweful. My hubby and I are going out to eat tonight so I won't be watching them plug Usher's new album for a hour. I'll find out who gets the boot on Something's Pitchy Twitter feed. I'm personally hoping DiDi goes, she can't sing well and she annoys me.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does it seem everyone this season comes out with a guitar and whines to us by singing some crap ballad...??? (that we've already heard like 50 times on the show)...

Suggestions:

1) Ditch the instruments, they cut down the performance factor
2) NO songs already done on the show
3) No group numbers (nobody likes them anyhow)
4) Someone needs to honestly tell the singers when a rearrangement sucks...in rehearsal...so we aren't subjected to it.
5) Don't focus on people in Hollywood week that end up getting cut (or at least, show us examples of WHY they were cut)...some of our faves didn't end up on the show, while others did that we had zero interest in....

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I was watching something else last night when I remembered "Idol" was on. Since I did not seem to miss it, I did not watch it. I probably will not be watching the rest of the season now.

From what I am reading, I did not miss much. The usual blogs are saying how their favorites were great and the others were awful. Plus, many sang the same stuff covered by other contestants in the past.

I do like Crystal and Aaron. I will wait until their stuff comes out so I do not have to watch a bloated show and awful singers to get to my favorites.

Gazrok, if they take out instruments, it would kill Casey who does not realize it is a singing contest.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Casey's skating by on his looks anyhow....(and besides, they won't do those suggestions)...

Let's face it, AI is "circling the drain".....

I didn't watch it either last night, though it is DVR'd... I watched Lost and V....and Dancing with the Stars...(my wife and I once took ballroom lessons, so, you know...) (and Edyta is hot...)

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

It’s all so contrived... from the judges fake arguments to the yearly "we've made a mistake" second chance that Simon gives out (he does that on X Factor in Britain too)

Nevertheless,... I still watch it

I know that most of the drama is fake... and i know that the judges are all self obsessed monstrosities... but i love music and, regardless of what some might say, you do see some good talent (especially in the early stages)

However, this has to be one of the worst years in my opinion... The only ones who have anything special is...

Michael Lynche - The big man has soul

Andrew Garcia - This guy has a tone to his voice that i love... but he keeps picking crap songs (crap for him)

Crystal Bowersox - This girl is my favourite... true musician... love her voice... love her attitude... love her style... I hope she wins!!

The rest of them, in my opinion, are boring and each week is a frustration to watch.

Season 5 was my favourite!!!

Paris Bennett (loved her)
Elliott Yamin
Chris Daughtry
Taylor Hicks

All great entertainers and talents!!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Big Mike actually went to my High School, although long after I did, hehe... He's from my hometown. I hope he does well in it...

Boy, Soibhan really blew chunks last night, and I usually like her ok...(and she's cute)...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Thank Goodness DiDi is gone, now I don't have to listen to her whine and cry anymore. Boy, she got on my nerves....my hubby's nerves too. I'm hopin gthis is the last season for A.I.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
There is buzz around that if Larry King retires when his contract expires June 2011, Ryan Seacrest will possibly replace him (he fills in for him anyways).

If that pans out, that means Seacrest will be gone after next season, and they will need a new host. With Simon gone after this season, I do not see the ratings going anywhere but down.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
No Simon + No Paula = No American Idol...

Besides, X-Factor will fill the niche...although I'm doubtful of it's success... Shows like AI, DWTS and SYTYCD succeeded because:

1) They started out as summer replacement shows, and got viewers hooked.
2) They were unique

X-Factor will likely go the way similar talent shows have, when trying to recreate AI's initial success, and Simon will have just lost a major cash cow... Oh well, he can spare it...no tears from me on it...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

I agree, Crystal Bowersox is where it's at. Personally, I think she is the next Janice Joplin, and that is never an easy thing to say. I have no doubt she is going to win.

Also have to say that I love the dreadlocks! Sexy...

---

To be honest I always thought American Idol was a Joke, and it is. This girl is the only reason I watch this show.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
You think Bowersox is sexy? Talented, I'll give ya....but sexy?

I'll take Ryan Starr from Season 1 for sexy (couldn't carry a tune that well, but damn...)...
(even the wife thought she was hot)...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

All a matter of taste gaz. All a matter of taste. I don't know I just find her attractive for some reason. I myself find it weird. I think her voice has a lot to do with it. Plus she has improved her look a lot since she started on AI.

---------

Yes, Ryan Starr is uber sexy!

[edit on 8-4-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
P.S. If anyone is interested, I found where she posted some original stuff.

crystallbowersox.tnbsound.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Plus she has improved her look a lot since she started on AI.

I will concede that... Thank goodness for her career there. Still not a fan of the dreds though....

Big Mike got saved, but it won't matter, as he'll just go home next week along with another.... There are some that need to go home sooner though.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Gazrok]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join