It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock for pupils as UFO lands at school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Pupils looked on in amazement when a UFO landed at Hylton Red House Primary School, bringing lessons to a sharp halt.

------------

But the thing is, the teachers planned it all...

"But – rather than being the creation of little green men – the spacecraft, which appeared as a surprise to pupils, was put together by staff as part of a three- week space project."

www.sunderlandecho.com...

How many science lessons can you remember when we talked about aliens landing? These children are very young remember, why aliens? Why use that as part of a science project? There are plenty of things to cover but why aliens?

Oh but this isnt the first time it's happened.

!!!

"Youngsters arrived at Trinity Primary School to find their playing fields cordoned off by real police officers and firefighters who had surrounded the crashed alien craft.

But this was all an elaborate display designed to bring the mystical world of space, Earth, the moon and the stars to life in Wolverhampton."

www.expressandstar.com...

But wait we have more aliens invading school timetables
Check this out.
www.everybodywrites.org.uk...
Year One children decided to create an alien language, which they wanted to use to communicate with the visitors. This was done independently and on a large scale, as they wrote messages on large pieces of paper out on the playground. They also completed descriptive writing of alien features.

Deputy Head to front assembly. All Staff to be present. Head meeting with ‘Officials’. 45mins approx. Infants to leave early if necessary. Individuals dressed as CIA(

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'm a school teacher in the US. The government certainly hasn't told me or my colleagues to start preparing anyone for disclosure.

It sounds to me like the teachers just got creative with the lessons. And really, a good lesson should make the students think, wondering, and question.

I do believe its a generational thing. The older folks tend to have a very cynical view towards alien life, whereas us young whippersnappers tend to be more open-minded to the possibility. Perhaps this is the influence of the media?

Anyway, great post! I'm going to see if I can get my school to do something similar....

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Dam you!!(not in bad way)....My heart beat raced when I read the title of your thread. What a downer.

link   
They create an explanation for the unexplained so people do not wake up to the fact that their world is not what it seems. If a large crowed of people see a fleet of diamond shape craft floating along and they get pictures of them. The Air Force will then create balloons that look like diamonds. They can then explain them away. This is how the game is played. The school situation is another attempt to cover up a real event.

link   
Harmless but really neat school activities. In my elementary school they did something similar during their annual "space week" for us. It was just good fun, and it really brought the kids into science conversation for the duration of the week (they did it on a Monday). Heck, on Friday the whole school got to watch ET in the auditorium.

So, yeah I guess you can make this into some super secret government conspiracy if you choose to, but if you do you probably see too many conspiracies in everything anyway, lol.

Nothing to see here, no "programming" of kids, no secret plans...nothing, sorry to burst your bubble.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Very strange! There was a thread on ATS about a similar occurence at a UK school. Trying to dig up the link....

Found it: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Hazystars]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Haha i do apologise for that, i felt the same thing when i saw the headline on google news

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I replied to a post the other day. I was explaining how my daughter came in aged 11 from school saying she had been talking about space, life on other planets and aliens, then my youngest daughter 9 yrs came in saying exactly the same. I asked if others had witnessed the same with their children and what happened? ridicule!!!
As for your post i know for a fact that it happened.
I ask you now though do you see something happening here?
Local news today the presenter had mentioned seeing something landing in a field on her way home? this was following the news regarding a rock that had fallen years ago and landed near a railway in the northeast (uk)

are we all being prepared? Yes thats what i said prepared

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The preparation proccess continues, good.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperFoxBat
They create an explanation for the unexplained so people do not wake up to the fact that their world is not what it seems. If a large crowed of people see a fleet of diamond shape craft floating along and they get pictures of them. The Air Force will then create balloons that look like diamonds. They can then explain them away. This is how the game is played. The school situation is another attempt to cover up a real event.

I agree it would be an ideal way to cover something up. Say there is a real event, a craft landing and some school kids see it. Any sceptics, parents included will just think that the kids are reffering to something they did at school. The fact that these 'lessons' are the subject of news articles means many could have that explanation of such an event in their minds.

It could just be a fun activity for the children to do but why the subject matter?
Aliens life forms have not been officially recognised to exist in our time, so why don't the schools stage some other mysterious event? It could be fairies, dragons, elves or ghosts. Why are they picking aliens if it's not some kind of aknowledgement that they are real and our kids need to start learning about them?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

It could just be a fun activity for the children to do but why the subject matter?
Aliens life forms have not been officially recognised to exist in our time, so why don't the schools stage some other mysterious event? It could be fairies, dragons, elves or ghosts. Why are they picking aliens if it's not some kind of aknowledgement that they are real and our kids need to start learning about them?
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

In my opinion, they are picking aliens because kids are fascinated with the topic....and therefore are more likely to pay attention to the lessons. In todays education system, we have to compete with the internet, movies, computer-animation, gaming systems, etc. to spark the interest of our students...and staging an alien landing would definitely do that!

As for other "fantastial" ideas, like dragons, teachers use those as well. All the time. When I taught first grade, I used to have 'leprechauns' come decorate the classroom for St. Paddy's day. It was simply a way to educate while having fun. We acknowledge the folklore, the traditions, the myths without necessarily validating them.

As I said before, I also believe its a generational thing. Our younger generation of teachers are more open to the idea of extraterrestrial life. So they simply pass that open-mindedness on to the students.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Way to let me down Haydn. .... a cool idea however.

When I was in high school they would stage a drunk driving accident every year in front of the school, .... with dead body's, blood and guts hanging out everywhere, ...... those bastards.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

These are English schools, i think the English government are a little bit more open minded about the genaral populaions response to knowing ufo's are real, than the American governemt are? ( I like to hope )

Back to the OP anyways.

This is a brilliant idea, i hope it isnt just the teachers idea & hope it is some kind of government idea backing it. It has to have some kind of government backing to even be taught in school yes? something this influential to a childs mind, has to be regulated?

Love it
S&F

top topics

join