It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collapse of World Economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
How does the possibility of the complete collapse of the US (read World) economy in the near future sound??. The US monetary system is already bankrupt and is only operating under the War Measures Act so what's to stop things form moving to the next level??

What better way to throw the entire planet into a chaotic gong show. Worldwide currencies all pegged against the US dollar become worthless, gold and other precious metals becomes irrelevant, (unless there is a demand for it somewhere else), mass unemployment, etc., etc. The global economy take a roller coaster ride down the toilet and we move onto the next stage in the NWO's gameplan.

As a side note, here in Canada we have government brainwashing us into putting our savings into RRSP's (similar to 401K's in US, etc.) so that we can use these contributions against our income tax payables on a year by year basis. Average Joe saves and saves and thinks when the time comes he can retire and live off his investments. However, I believe it is all just a scam.

What scenario would see all these investments disappear and basically leave every investor sitting with nothing and thereby at the mercy of our fearless leaders??? If there is no economy, there is no worth in anything that we traditionally take as being 'valuable'. Potatoes then become the bargaining tools. Something to think about.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
A collapsing world economy would hurt the less developed nations. They rely heavily on money generated in the West. Their manufacturing bases are also pretty poor and many Third World countries would find that their societies would implode. No money coming in from the West would mean that they would have no money to generate an economy - all of the mass consumer and manufacturing markets are in the West, and if they dried up there would be nothing for the poorer nations to sell and nothing to buy. They would probably lose a lot of financial aid as well. At the moment, the West gives handouts to less wealthier countries that are quite literally the only things keeping them afloat.

Of course, the average Joe in the West would feel the heat more in comparison to his Eastern neighbour - after all, he's not used to going without his luxuries. But there is a major difference between not being able to afford a luxury item and starving to death.

If you're worried about your money - don't invest it in corporations or government schemes. If you live in Europe, property is the safest bet at the moment. In the US go for diamonds or gold.
And remember - the safest financial way to live your life, is to not get into debt in the first place.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The third world nations are already suffering at the hands of the IMF and World Bank. Look at Argentina as a prime example. The American and Jewish elite control these organizations and their only agenda is to manipulate third world nations into accepting situations whereby they claim to rescue them through loan handouts that we all know they can't pay off. Then the IMF and World Bank deliver demands telling them to sell off the private assets, privatize the utility systems and away they go. Eventually the country in the gun sights is pushed to the brink of elimination and the IMF and World Bank take over. There are at least a few dozen countries that they have done this to. Almost all of South America. The underlying purpose I am sure is to solicit control of the particular countries natural resources, to exploit cheap labour through globalization, etc.

By the way where would we get all our Nike, Gap and Old Navy clothes and almost everything else that the multi-nationals are manufacturing in the third world sweat shops??? I think the West might have more of a problem with the destruction of our way of life as opposed to a family of fifteen living in a mud hut. Don't you agree??

With a theoretical collapse of the economic and monetary system as we know it, what good is gold? Unless it is worth something in another part of the world, it is essentially useless. This is what I am getting at. It is an interesting aspect of the whole NWO conspiracy thing and should be interesting to see what happens in the coming months - years.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Argentina is not a good example. The IMF actually tried to bail it out a few times but it went under due to sheer domestic financial incompetence.

You ask what good is gold. When economies fall, their currencies normally suffer due to inflation. Gold is about the safest world standard there is. Once recovery begins, commodities such as gold are the first to regain their value. It also doesn't matter if a specific economy doesn't recover - gold sells universally and therefore you are able to trade it with the best economy.

As for the destruction of a Western way of life - that was my point. Joe Public can't go without his Nikes and his Raybans. But what he does tend to forget is that although the other guy is living in a mud hut, he will also be starving to death. It's a matter or priorities.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I agree totally with Leveller on this.........

Thousands of years of history with wars, economic collapses, natural disasters, and misfortunes of every type have proved gold and silver to be the only safe store of value.

The rich countries screw the poorer countries, by forcing them to borrow, and fake paper currency and unnecessary loans are screwing all of us. Fake paper currency is not real money !

No paper currency has ever lasted very long, they just keep printing more of it and its value drops to zero (inflation). This is the first time EVER that the whole world now runs on paper currency and computer blips. It is going to collapse very suddenly in my opinion, and it will collapse soon.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Gold is good as long as the recovery is in your lifetime though. It all depend on the size of the crash. there is nothing really sure in life. everything is a bet in it's own way.

I myself would start investing in horses breeding, to get prepared for the oil crash lol. Things that people will need firsthand are the thing that will get the most value on a short basis. You could also stock chef Boyardi cans rofl. People will trade you gold for them in the event of a major crash.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The US monetary system is already bankrupt and is only operating under the War Measures Act

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
It was declared on June 05, 1933 in the US congress by President Roosevelt and it was the Emergency War Powers Act (sorry, my mistake). This essentially put a 'hold' on the financial crisis that existed in the US as long as the US was at war. Hence, the US has been at perpetual war ever since in one form or another.

I don't know all the details but it is surely worth researching.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Remember that the purpose of economic upheaval has always been to allow those with plenty of cash to move in and buy valuable assets at pennies on the dollar. Being in some form of cash is where you want to be, although if you can be on the short side of the markets it is certainly worth a portion of your capital. -- Not TOO much if you feel you might be paid off in worthless paper. For cash, gold and silver are definitely the choices for preserving value.

new topics

top topics

join