It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gakona HAARP on Full Power during Earthquake in Haiti!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Of COURSE the military spends billions on technology if it's not even going to be a weapon. Communication technology is required by the military to tie all its weaponry together. Remove all the communication technology from the US military and any country in the world could invade the US and the armed forces wouldn't even know about it, let alone be able to stop it.

HAARP was built to allow research into how the ionosphere can be used to improve communication and surveillance. It's common knowledge. It's no secret.

So please, continue banging on about how the US military doesn't invest heavily in non-weapons devices, on the internet, and see how seriously people take the rest of your "research". It's hilarious.

RF communication technology when it was first used was bought (acquired by the military) because of secret communications that were used for weaponry and strategic defense in WW1.

You're not talking with an amateur here. The military acquired control of all patents from RCA/NBC (Marconi patents) controlled by David Sarnoff. Radio, before it went mainstream, was used for military applications.

Oh, and by the way...the military didn't invent RF technology, that was done by the private sector. And please, please provide one thing that the military has spend billions on that didn't have a military application for warfare...with the exception of the 3,000 dollar hammers, and 20,000 toilets.

Thank you very much, I'll be here all week.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

The total cost of HAARP (including its construction) has not even been even close to $1 billion (much less "billions").

HAARP took almost two decades to build and has incurred
around US$250 million in construction and
operating costs.

sharonweinberger.com...

While HAARP never was classified, you yourself say it is a low priority:

deemed of little importance
Even though HAARPs budget allotment is miniscule compared to other DoD programs. It's been a continue struggle to keep it operating. It's a low priority and its future is uncertain.

Yet Haarp's future is unclear. Defense budgets are shrinking, and the facility costs $10 million a year to operate. Haarp's patron at Darpa, Tony Tether, has left his job. The project's godfather, Ted Stevens, was defeated in the 2008 Senate election by the mayor of Anchorage: Mark Begich, Nick's little brother. "I'll have his ear," Nick promises.

mcham.org...

You have delivered no response about how HAARP can do what you claim it can do. You have only made those claims. Futhermore, the fact that you use terminology like "massive RF frequencies" forces me to question your technical understanding of what HAARP actually does or is capable of doing. What is a "massive frequency"? Frequencies are "high" or "low".

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

Would you like to explain how Project Argus is tee hee funny?
Did they loose all that research like they lost the Apollo moon mission plans?
Now that's what cracks me up.
Tell me how you know the TOP and ABOVE TOP secret plans of the HAARP technology?
Besides they could do ANY communication experiments with low power and small aircraft,(drones) small rockets and satellites.
If you can't radiate the signal past 30 degrees, then what the hell do you protect. Just the friggin HAARP complex.
Incoming, incoming--- everyone run to HAARP installation for safety!!
I can't hear you--- Get closer to the HAARP transmitter!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The total cost of HAARP (including its construction) has not even been even close to $1 billion (much less "billions").

HAARP took almost two decades to build and has incurred
around US$250 million in construction and
operating costs.

sharonweinberger.com...

While HAARP never was classified, you yourself say it is a low priority:

deemed of little importance
Even though HAARPs budget allotment is miniscule compared to other DoD programs. It's been a continue struggle to keep it operating. It's a low priority and its future is uncertain.

Yet Haarp's future is unclear. Defense budgets are shrinking, and the facility costs $10 million a year to operate. Haarp's patron at Darpa, Tony Tether, has left his job. The project's godfather, Ted Stevens, was defeated in the 2008 Senate election by the mayor of Anchorage: Mark Begich, Nick's little brother. "I'll have his ear," Nick promises.

mcham.org...

You have delivered no response about how HAARP can do what you claim it can do. You have only made those claims. Futhermore, the fact that you use terminology like "massive RF frequencies" forces me to question your technical understanding of what HAARP actually does or is capable of doing. What is a "massive frequency"? Frequencies are "high" or "low".

Oh, so are we now debating the overall cost of HAARP??? I expected a little more from you Phage. I think you know exactly what I am referring to. HAARP was built in the 80's, and a billion dollars back then is about the equivalent of tens of Billions now.

Really??? What did I claim that HAARP could do??? I think you need to go back and read the posts a little more carefully. I made "implications" that RF frequencies can disrupt migration patterns and interact with the brain on several levels, this is common knowledge. I made claims that the MKULTRA program was busted for utilizing some of the same methods that HAARP is capable of, however, never did I make an absolute statement of what it could do. I'm a little more clever than that Phage. I know how this game is played.

Yes...I do claim HAARP is low priority. We have satellites that can do far more damage than HAARP ever could, but, it doesn't mean that HAARP is null and void as to what it can do. Would you consider the original stealth bomber null and void just because we have an F22??? Its still dangerous despite its archaic form. That's the reason why academics can visit the HAARP facility and is shared by many. Because the military has advanced beyond HAARP's original capabilities.

Oh and yes...massive frequencies can consist of high, low's and mids Phage. They're not just either high or low. And the massive amount of frequencies depends on the wattage ( HAARP currently utilizes 3.6 megawatts), not the hertz. That should be enough basic technical knowledge to nullify anything else you might want to add. And that's the basics Phage. The basics. Does anyone else need anymore schooling today?

By the way, if its soooooo safe,...I dare any human to stand next to ANY known frequency when 3.6 megawatts is pumped into it. You'll be lucky if your brain doesn't bleed out from your ears whether high or low. I have a 50 watt amplifier that would make you wish you were dead if I cranked it next to your ear and started playing my guitar, let alone if it were cranking something as insane as what HAARP is equipped with. Anyone who has lived next to a practicing band can attest for that.

As I said before, I'll be here all week.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry

By the way, if its soooooo safe,...I dare any human to stand next to ANY known frequency when 3.6 megawatts is pumped into it. You'll be lucky if your brain doesn't bleed out from your ears whether high or low. I have a 50 watt amplifier that would make you wish you were dead if I cranked it next to your ear and started playing my guitar, let alone if it were cranking something as insane as what HAARP is equipped with. Anyone who has lived next to a practicing band can attest for that.

Aah, Mesa Boogie?
Btw, despite the fact that I'm not a subject matter, it seems logical to me that HAARP doesn't work as a tube amplifier. I mean, it doesn't make any sound I presume. 3.6 megawatts are a lot if they amplify a sound, but HAARP doesn't do that. Still, I have no idea if such a great frequency is bad for your health. But then again, it's not built in a city.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by -Thom-]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Donny, I think everyone is done arguing with you. You just keep coming back posting quotes from crazy people (or unknown people) at least EvolvedMinistry
has his father as a legitimate source ... errr ... .. .

I am leaving this thread because EvolvedMinistry has proven himself to be a unstable person like the rest.

P.S
1 billion in 1980 did not equal 20 billion+ today.
("tens of billions")

[edit on 24-1-2010 by nophun]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nophun

Nor was HAARP even more than a gleam in the DoD's eye in 1980's.

Construction began in 1993. It was not until 2007 that HAARP reached its full capacity of 3.6 MW. You'd think with "billions" at their disposal things would have moved along a little more quickly.

[edit on 1/24/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

reply to post by nophun

Nor was HAARP even more than a gleam in the DoD's eye in 1980's.

Construction began in 1993. It was not until 2007 that HAARP reached its full capacity of 3.6 MW. You'd think with "billions" at their disposal things would have moved along a little more quickly.

Oh...are we now arguing the amount of money that they have at their disposal after the hertz argument failed??? C'mon Phage...I'm waiting for a MUCH better response than that, especially from YOU. Interestingly enough...don't you think its slightly interesting that they would ever NEED to upgrade to 3.6 megawatts in 2007? And consequently, I am glad that you offered up that little tidbit of knowledge there. It does nothing but support my argument especially after I admitted that HAARP is inconsequential considering newer and more updated satellite technology. Why would HAARP need to make the upgrade in the first place???

I'm sure I'll get the typical response on that inquiry though. No need to answer Phage, I've already called checkmate on this one.

I might also want to add, although HAARP's construction began in 1993 (as you stated) the plans and the ENGINEERING as I stated, began in the 80's. My father was responsible for some of its architecture.

The late and great Phage...my man, you're losing your touch.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

3.6 MW was the original design specification for the heater. Work began on the heater in 2003.
tinyurl.com/yka6y8j

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by -Thom-

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry

Aah, Mesa Boogie?
Btw, despite the fact that I'm not a subject matter, it seems logical to me that HAARP doesn't work as a tube amplifier. I mean, it doesn't make any sound I presume. 3.6 megawatts are a lot if they amplify a sound, but HAARP doesn't do that. Still, I have no idea if such a great frequency is bad for your health. But then again, it's not built in a city.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by -Thom-]

Yep...I love my mesa. My analogy to that was to make people understand the sheer power of wattage.

However, its not the sound of the frequencies that is the problem, it is the resonance of those frequencies that cause the damage. There have been several academic journals that address the power of frequencies and their abilities to alter human, animal and plant behavior. I would love to post them, however, Indiana University makes it impossible to post them onto forums like this. In order to access them you need to have a password. Most of the stuff that you can find online is not supported by "good science" therefore, I hesitate to supply the more mainstream stuff.

These links should give you a good idea of the dangers that RF waves can pose.

Here's some information from the FCC (its hard to argue with them since they regulate this sort of stuff)
www.fcc.gov...

www.jlab.org...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Use this Phage. tinyurl.com/yka6y8j

@EvolvedMinistry

The money is just 1 of many of your claims that is not right. You really think you have proved anything to anyone with a working brain ?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

From your source:

WHAT BIOLOGICAL EFFECTS CAN BE CAUSED BY RF ENERGY?

Biological effects can result from exposure to RF energy. Biological effects that result from heating of tissue by RF energy are often referred to as "thermal" effects. It has been known for many years that exposure to very high levels of RF radiation can be harmful due to the ability of RF energy to heat biological tissue rapidly. This is the principle by which microwave ovens cook food. Exposure to very high RF intensities can result in heating of biological tissue and an increase in body temperature. Tissue damage in humans could occur during exposure to high RF levels because of the body's inability to cope with or dissipate the excessive heat that could be generated. Two areas of the body, the eyes and the testes, are particularly vulnerable to RF heating because of the relative lack of available blood flow to dissipate the excess heat load.

At relatively low levels of exposure to RF radiation, i.e., levels lower than those that would produce significant heating; the evidence for production of harmful biological effects is ambiguous and unproven. Such effects, if they exist, have been referred to as "non-thermal" effects. A number of reports have appeared in the scientific literature describing the observation of a range of biological effects resulting from exposure to low-levels of RF energy. However, in most cases, further experimental research has been unable to reproduce these effects. Furthermore, since much of the research is not done on whole bodies (in vivo), there has been no determination that such effects constitute a human health hazard. It is generally agreed that further research is needed to determine the generality of such effects and their possible relevance, if any, to human health. In the meantime, standards-setting organizations and government agencies continue to monitor the latest experimental findings to confirm their validity and determine whether changes in safety limits are needed to protect human health. (Back to Index)

The power density of the HAARP heater array is not extreme. 3.6MW/141639 square meters = 25.4 watts/square meter. This does not include heat or other power loss in the system. The power of the ELF radiation produced in the ionosphere is not even measurable with very sensitive equipment.

In addition, the NCRP, IEEE and ICNIRP guidelines for maximum permissible exposure are different for different transmitting frequencies. This is due to the finding (discussed above) that whole-body human absorption of RF energy varies with the frequency of the RF signal. The most restrictive limits on whole-body exposure are in the frequency range of 30-300 MHz where the human body absorbs RF energy most efficiently when the whole body is exposed. For devices that only expose part of the body, such as mobile phones, different exposure limits are specified (see below).

HAARP does not operate at these frequencies.

Under the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 (NEPA), all Federal agencies are required to implement procedures to make environmental consideration a necessary part of an agency's decision-making process. Therefore, FCC approval and licensing of transmitters and facilities must be evaluated for significant impact on the environment. Human exposure to RF radiation emitted by FCC-regulated transmitters is one of several factors that must be considered in such environmental evaluations. In 1996, the FCC revised its guidelines for RF exposure as a result of a multi-year proceeding and as required by the Telecommunications Act of 1996.

Facilities under the jurisdiction of the FCC having a high potential for creating significant RF exposure to humans, such as radio and television broadcast stations, satellite-earth stations, experimental radio stations and certain cellular, PCS and paging facilities are required to undergo routine evaluation for compliance with RF exposure guidelines whenever an application is submitted to the FCC for construction or modification of a transmitting facility or renewal of a license. Failure to show compliance with the FCC's RF exposure guidelines in the application process could lead to the preparation of a formal Environmental Assessment, possible Environmental Impact Statement and eventual rejection of an application. Technical guidelines for evaluating compliance with the FCC RF safety requirements can be found in the FCC's OET Bulletin 65 (see "OET Safety Bulletins" listing elsewhere at this Web site).

www.fcc.gov...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nophun
Use this Phage. tinyurl.com/yka6y8j

@EvolvedMinistry

The money is just 1 of many of your claims that is not right. You really think you have proved anything to anyone with a working brain ?

I'm not sure where you are going with this, but, um...I've proved a hell of a lot more than you or your hero Phage has. Believe me, he doesn't need your protection, you'll do more to hurt his failing case right now than to help it. Your personal attack makes your position vulnerable and unless you of course want to be taken to school as well, I suggest you let Phage study.

Phage argues with me about whether frequencies are the problem, I corrected him with reminding him about wattage. Phage says that HAARP was never a weapon...I tend to disagree since it was started and funded by the NAVY (after the Russians let them in on their little secret). Phage has provided no sources or science to back his "OPINION," and from what I can see he has NO ARGUMENT. I provided links from the FCC, HAARP itself, and scientific research that upholds my claim and he's trying to argue with me about money.

Currently, Phage is attempting to use my link against me, but, he has yet to study every square inch of it. I can tell by the way he responded immediately with information that almost makes him look as if he knows what he's talking about.

And given the fact that you're trying to provide him links to save his sinking ship, I think my point has been made LOUD AND CLEAR.

Step away from this. You're out of your league. And if your brain is functioning so well, why didn't you get a little more in-depth with me??? I'll answer that question for you...because you have NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

From your source:

WHAT BIOLOGICAL EFFECTS CAN BE CAUSED BY RF ENERGY?

Biological effects can result from exposure to RF energy. Biological effects that result from heating of tissue by RF energy are often referred to as "thermal" effects. It has been known for many years that exposure to very high levels of RF radiation can be harmful due to the ability of RF energy to heat biological tissue rapidly. This is the principle by which microwave ovens cook food. Exposure to very high RF intensities can result in heating of biological tissue and an increase in body temperature. Tissue damage in humans could occur during exposure to high RF levels because of the body's inability to cope with or dissipate the excessive heat that could be generated. Two areas of the body, the eyes and the testes, are particularly vulnerable to RF heating because of the relative lack of available blood flow to dissipate the excess heat load.

At relatively low levels of exposure to RF radiation, i.e., levels lower than those that would produce significant heating; the evidence for production of harmful biological effects is ambiguous and unproven. Such effects, if they exist, have been referred to as "non-thermal" effects. A number of reports have appeared in the scientific literature describing the observation of a range of biological effects resulting from exposure to low-levels of RF energy. However, in most cases, further experimental research has been unable to reproduce these effects. Furthermore, since much of the research is not done on whole bodies (in vivo), there has been no determination that such effects constitute a human health hazard. It is generally agreed that further research is needed to determine the generality of such effects and their possible relevance, if any, to human health. In the meantime, standards-setting organizations and government agencies continue to monitor the latest experimental findings to confirm their validity and determine whether changes in safety limits are needed to protect human health. (Back to Index)

The power density of the HAARP heater array is not extreme. 3.6MW/141639 square meters = 25.4 watts/square meter. This does not include heat or other power loss in the system. The power of the ELF radiation produced in the ionosphere is not even measurable with very sensitive equipment.

In addition, the NCRP, IEEE and ICNIRP guidelines for maximum permissible exposure are different for different transmitting frequencies. This is due to the finding (discussed above) that whole-body human absorption of RF energy varies with the frequency of the RF signal. The most restrictive limits on whole-body exposure are in the frequency range of 30-300 MHz where the human body absorbs RF energy most efficiently when the whole body is exposed. For devices that only expose part of the body, such as mobile phones, different exposure limits are specified (see below).

HAARP does not operate at these frequencies.

Under the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 (NEPA), all Federal agencies are required to implement procedures to make environmental consideration a necessary part of an agency's decision-making process. Therefore, FCC approval and licensing of transmitters and facilities must be evaluated for significant impact on the environment. Human exposure to RF radiation emitted by FCC-regulated transmitters is one of several factors that must be considered in such environmental evaluations. In 1996, the FCC revised its guidelines for RF exposure as a result of a multi-year proceeding and as required by the Telecommunications Act of 1996.

Facilities under the jurisdiction of the FCC having a high potential for creating significant RF exposure to humans, such as radio and television broadcast stations, satellite-earth stations, experimental radio stations and certain cellular, PCS and paging facilities are required to undergo routine evaluation for compliance with RF exposure guidelines whenever an application is submitted to the FCC for construction or modification of a transmitting facility or renewal of a license. Failure to show compliance with the FCC's RF exposure guidelines in the application process could lead to the preparation of a formal Environmental Assessment, possible Environmental Impact Statement and eventual rejection of an application. Technical guidelines for evaluating compliance with the FCC RF safety requirements can be found in the FCC's OET Bulletin 65 (see "OET Safety Bulletins" listing elsewhere at this Web site).

www.fcc.gov...

Oh Phage...I am aware that this is MY LINK. Maybe you should read the WHOLE THING before you believe you have something of merit to argue with. Once you've read through ALL OF IT, let me know.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

No sources?
You'd better look again (or take your fingers out of your ears). Not only did I use sources you provided (and others), I also provided a quote from the original DoD proposal for the creation of HAARP (the executive summary). You have provided nothing about how the ionosphere "amplifies" the HAARP signal. You have provided nothing about how "extreme frequencies" can control weather. You have provided nothing about how RF radiation can cause earthquakes.

Sorry. I did not provide a link. Here:
www.viewzone.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Donny, I think everyone is done arguing with you. You just keep coming back posting quotes from crazy people (or unknown people) at least EvolvedMinistry
has his father as a legitimate source ... errr ... .. .

I am leaving this thread because EvolvedMinistry has proven himself to be a unstable person like the rest.

P.S
1 billion in 1980 did not equal 20 billion+ today.
("tens of billions")

Good riddance. Let the grown folks speak, and don't let my information wake you from your pleasant sleep.

By the way...are you angry that things aren't currently going your way, or Phage's for that matter??? Oh, and I guess you're jealous, or upset that my "DADDY" had something to do with designing the HAARP system. Someone's daddy had to do it...I'm very sorry for you that it wasn't yours. Maybe next time and in a different thread.

As for now, go back to sleep young one.

Bye now!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Okay I am really leaving this thread, crazy people scare me.

Before I go can someone explain why anyone that disagrees with stupidity is instantly put into the category of Phage worshipers ?

Nothing against Phage, but I have only ever even acknowledged him in one thread. If I agree with someone does not make that person my hero.

P.S
Phage has completely destroyed you and your theories on this subject.

Yes I just used a stupid internet meme to show how serious I take you.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

No sources?
You'd better look again (or take your fingers out of your ears). Not only did I use sources you provided (and others), I also provided a quote from the original DoD proposal for the creation of HAARP (the executive summary). You have provided nothing about how the ionosphere "amplifies" the HAARP signal. You have provided nothing about how "extreme frequencies" can control weather. You have provided nothing about how RF radiation can cause earthquakes.

Sorry. I did not provide a link. Here:
www.viewzone.com...

Um...you're stumbling over yourself now.

You said I provided no information or sources of how the ionosphere amplifies the HAARP signal. Well, how about your own words??? Is that source enough???

Here they are in case you forgot:
You are right though, HAARP can induce a 2Hz signal in the ionosphere. The HF heater stimulates a region of the ionosphere into producing ELF radiation. As I pointed out earlier the radio waves which are produced are very weak, much weaker than naturally produced signals. What is it that the ionosphere amplifies? The HF signal or the ELF signal which is produced?

Ouch. I mean...OUCH. Keep in mind that this was AFTER you stated that a 2hz signal was not possible.

Do we really need to make this worse than it already is???

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
UPDATE:
The HAARP Induction Magnetometer readings were provided by Prof. Kanji Hayashi of the Department of Earth and Planetary Physics, University of Tokyo. 3 minutes long...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Okay I am really leaving this thread, crazy people scare me.

Before I go can someone explain why anyone that disagrees with stupidity is instantly put into the category of Phage worshipers ?

Nothing against Phage, but I have only ever even acknowledged him in one thread. If I agree with someone does not make that person my hero.

P.S
Phage has completely destroyed you and your theories on this subject.

Yes I just used a stupid internet meme to show how serious I take you.

Uh yeah...he really destroyed me since he didn't know the difference between hertz levels and wattage. He also didn't know that there were things called mid levels in the hertz range. Oh...I stand completely destroyed!!!

You're pretty far gone in that little cranium of yours. But, as they say, ignorance is bliss. And judging from the amount of lol's that you use, I would say that you must be ecstatic. And obviously you're taking me quite seriously, or you wouldn't be freaking out like a little 5 year old that just learned Santa Clause isn't real. By the way...Santa IS REAL. The conspiracy is that we've ALL BEEN LIED TO!!!

Phage is real as well, so for that, he'll be here for you tomorrow when you try to help destroy his argument some more. Leave the technical stuff to the grown folk.

SLEEP TIGHT.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join