Screamo/Hardcore

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Just wanted to see if anyone else here had the same taste in music that i had
here are some of my favorite bands you should check out if you like screamo/hardcore music

As I Lay Dying
Hase The Day
A Hero A Fake
Bullet For My Valentine
Unearth
War Of Ages
Bring Me The Horizon
As Blood Runs Black
Darkest Hour
Asking Alexandria
In Flames
Evergreen Terrace
August Burns Red
Killswitch Engage
Veil Of Maya
The Devil Wears Prada
Underoath
From The Shallows
All Shal Perish
If Hope Dies
It Dies Today
All That Remains
Vana

thats jus a few

[edit on 1/20/2010 by l neXus l]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Like most of them, although I try to avoid the 'scene' per-se because it brings with it a strangely high number of ****wits. I'm seeing Parkway Drive next week, and I'm already dreading the low IQ and stupidity the crowd is going to scream of.

My tastes more swing to the Alexisonfire, Saosin etc. kind of side of things but I also listen to reggae so you know, tastes vary from day to day.

I also listen to more mainstream stuff too such as:

Seeing Brand New and Lostprophets in March.
New Found Glory, Saosin and Hit The Lights in April

Just sad I couldn't make it to the Soundwave Festival next month. Best.Lineup.Ever.

Soundwave Lineup 2010 D:

[edit on 20-1-2010 by fooffstarr]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Do they scream or do they sing?

Screaming is not singing and that stuff isn't music.

Sorry, just showing my age. I'm old school.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
both actually i know that some scream but they mix in singing with it

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Most of these are neither screamo or hardcore, infact they are metalcore/deathcore. Get your goddamn genres right!!!

Hardcore:

Screamo:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nick_napalm

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

geez... did you have to yell at him and curse... :shk:

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
lol nick its people like you who get on youtube and yell at everyone when they mis classify a music genre

i started listening to this kind of music before anyone else really knew about it and before "scene" was in and mainstream
back then it was all called hardcore
who cares what its called

dont be an ass

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I've never even heard of screamo.

Will check it out on youtube, I like it loud and hard (but usually electronic) I'll check some out and see how I go after me bath.

new genres FTW.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
lol nick its people like you who get on youtube and yell at everyone when they mis classify a music genre

i started listening to this kind of music before anyone else really knew about it and before "scene" was in and mainstream
back then it was all called hardcore
who cares what its called

dont be an ass

And I bet your the guy on youtube going like "OMG!!!!!1111 D1S BrEaKD00Wn iSSS5555 s0000000 BR000TAL!!!!!!!!111!!!!"

The "Get your goddamn genre's right" part was just me joking around, and yes metalcore/deathcore could be considered hardcore, since its a child genre of it. I then preceded to post hardcore and screamo I like, so I don't see what the big deal is.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by nick_napalm]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
there's no big deal man, and no i don't listen to music on youtube, i go to concerts, and don't buy my tickets unless its at the door

ewww youtube disgusts me

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Ahh, you're one of the slam dancers then???

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Wow... so much for discussing the music.

Lets just take jabs at each other about genre classification instead. Why does there have to be so much drama and protectionism over this kind of music? Everyone claims it as their own and goes apesh** when anybody else likes the same band but isn't in the same scene.

Just listen to it for what it is, music, and worry less about genres and 'scenes' and perceptions.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

Hello NeXus,

AILD absolutely rocks,they have some awesome songs and great messages too..

Not sure if you have heard of these guys,they are called Zao,
They hurt me in the most excellent ways...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

I make one comment about how he posted metalcore, not hardcore, with a rather snide(but jokingly) comment at the end, and this happens :shk:

As I said before, I posted some hardcore/screamo I like so I don't see why everyone is getting so pissy about it, and you were the one who first commented on the scene part.

And by the way Converge and The Dillinger Escape Plan are the best metalcore bands

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Alrighty then, so as to feel that I contributed:

Parkway Drive - Boneyards

^ Seeing these guys on Wednesday. Pumped as.

Destruction of a Rose - Under Black Flags We Sail

Open The Skies - He Spoke of Success

Alexisonfire - Young Cardinals

I dunno what genre each of them specifically sits in, and don't really care
I just like them.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
i love parkway drive!!! they are amazing

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
nick_napalm you're the only person in this post who knows what time it is as far as the topic goes.. none of the other bands shouldn't even be in this thread so i'm assuming youth is the culprit but that's cool it's an awesome time, discovering new music and bands but let us guide you to a genre that i personally hold close to heart to this very day and i'm so old i was around when dirt was invented haha anyway.. the genre i want to talk about at the moment is "screamo" it was at it's highest point in the early nineties but sadly didn't really last very long it managed to hold on to about the mid nineties, there's still a few bands still doing it but they're not doing the genre justice at all. the genre was so emotional, very passionate, filled with an energy that was unparalleled, these kids spilled their gut's out at every show they played, i mean wow i bet these kids will never have to have therapy in their entire lives because every show, every song they literally spilled their guts out!! that's the reason i loved the genre because it was real and delivered in a very emotional way.. anyway.. here are a few bands from the early days you need to check out if you already haven't.

just to mention a few...

joshua fit for battle
jeromes dream
pg.99 nick_napalm already mentioned but they're so good they need to be mentioned again.
saetia nick_napalm already mentioned but they're so good they need to be mentioned again.
circle takes the square
city of caterpillar
ampere
i hate myself
men as trees
you and i
iscariot
kaospilot
hassan i sabbah
puritan

someone mentioned "deathcore" and i don't know why but it gets a lot of haters, i'm sure it's mainly because of death metal loyalists but i gotta say i absolutely love the genre, another reason i'm guessing it gets hate is because it's a new'ish genre it's fairly new it started gaining notoriety around 2003 or so, i'm an old dude and been there for most all the bands on the heavier end of the musical spectrum and i consider myself open-minded enough to at least check out new bands and especially bands trying "new" things and that's key, being "open-minded" because lets face it by now everything has been done so it's next to impossible for a band to be "original" but if you where around for the hardcore bands in the mid to late nineties you'll know what a "breakdown" is, so, take that break down and add it to death metal and you have "deathcore", now i absolutely love "the breakdown" and anyone who has attended a hardcore show with a band that integrates breakdowns into their music you'll know how fun is is being in the crowd. i few bands i'd like to suggest in the deathcore realm are...

suffokate
emmure
impending doom
the acacia strain
chelsea grin
oceano
the red shore
whitechapel
suicide silence

...i could go one but these are just a few of my favorites. i also enjoy "metalcore" it gets some hate as well but there's nothing much better than the fusion of hardcore and metal, is there? this genre started around the mid to late nineties and is still going strong to this day, i won't bother listing anymore bands tho but two bands i absolutely have to mention are "Turmoil" and "Disembodied", not only are they 2 of the bands responsible for starting the genre but they're to this day the best bands who did it

man, i love music, i could talk about it and the bands forever.. hardcore, punk, metal from way back in the late 70's to this very day. music is the worlds only true magic and if you're into any of these genres you'll never need to see a therapist or psychiatrist because it's sincerely the cure for what ales you!! my heart is closest to the old bands but i absolutely love where the kids are taking heavy music these days, one thing tho as far as punk goes.. bands doing it correctly are few and far between and that's my only regret.

having the music is one thing but there's absolutely nothing like seeing the bands you love, live. so do yourself a favor and make it a priority in your life to get out there and enjoy your favorite bands live, you'll thank yourself later, believe me.

new topics
top topics

join