It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dare you to watch the Glenn Beck 1 year anniversarry show!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
He is an "idiot" for waking people up to the corrupt progressive movement in America?

You've got to understand that some people LOVE the progressive movement. Beck is just associating the label "progressive" with corruption, destroying the government, destroying the Constitution and taking over the Democratic party. He's doing this to scare Democrats into voting Republican. That's IT. That's all.

I watch it to see what every other sheep in America is learning.

And that is a scary thought. People who watch Glenn Beck think he's "on to something". They trust him and think he makes sense. They think he's a genius! They assume that his paranoid delusions are true! When the truth is, he used to be a "progressive" himself until he got this JOB. Now he's doing what the job requires and his followers think it's REAL! ;shk:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I've spotted that myself.. the few times I have came across his show on late night TV.

He is completely insane. I can't understand how a man like that can be as big as he is.. its amazing to think that people actually listen to his views. Most of them don't make any real sense - they are exceptionally extreme at times.

But, he is good for a laugh, some of the things he comes out with are hilarious. His generalizations of Irish and Europeans had me in stitches laughing one night - also one night he was talking about the media blackout on violence in Ireland as a result of the economic crises.. which um.. never actually happened lol.

He's more entertainment than anything else IMO. Still can't understand how he is so respected.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

Thesis complete, It only took 10 minutes to prove it. Game Over.

[edit on 1/20/2010 by endisnighe]

I don't understand this at all?? Did you have video links, and subsequently remove them after you felt 4 or 5 replies 'proved your thesis'?

Is this, perchance, a copy cat of the thread that was derailed by your friend, whom for the purposes of this thread and in all civility and decorum shall remain nameless, some time ago in which he purported one argument in order to ascertain a particular response? I ask since you claim someone 'gave you the idea'...

If this is the level of contribution you're willing to make - and then revoke - then goodbye indeed. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
That would require me turning on the TV. Why should I waste my time listening to television programs written for 8th grade reading proficiencies when I could be learning something new.

I only watched Glenn Beck one time, back when he was on CNN. He had an interview with Ray Kurzweil about the supposed "Singularity" which may or may not manifest... and the implications it would have on the future of humanity. All Beck could muster were paranoid Terminator references and allusions to some form of cybersex or another. Poor Ray; you could just see the twinkle in his eyes fade when he realized that, "Oh, it's going to be one of THOSE conversations...".

The guy is low-ball entertainment fluff, little else.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
Then there is the 1% who listens to this video and realize that it coincides with a majority of arguments that have been on ATS this past year. I find it funny that people don't realize this.

I think people do realize this, but I think people also realize that when a network like Fox, that is a proven Neocon propaganda outlet, starts to jump on the conspiracy bandwagon it's not for the enlightenment of the people - It's because it serves a purpose.

When a known enemy starts sweet talking, and agrees with everything you say, it's time to pay real close attention & question the motives

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
beck talks common sense, i saw him at CNN and wondered what he was doing there.

i used to be fans of cooper and amanpour till i heard some whacked out
slanted comments after 9/11.

BBC tv started to suck too.

fox is ok, cept when hannity today kept saying he saw the bruins and flyers at fenway park. it gets cold in boston but com'on.

besides, if you listen to glen beck, he talks straight as he sees it.
and shows clips of what he is talking about, like ATS good people do.

ya, beck is like ATS only better.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

So, you deliberately mislead the members - which is against the T&C - in order to try and ignite partisan tensions?

You ask why does anyone bother to post here. If you are only posting to politically bait members then why are you posting?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Glenn Beck is great.

If you're an American, you can't help but like him.

If you're commie loser or a social parasite, you probably hate him.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by mike_trivisonno]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Glenn Beck is great.

If you're an American, you can't help but like him.

If you're commie loser or a social parasite, you probably hate him.

Guess we know where you stand.
Have to laugh at your lame attempt to bait.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted by infinite
Did you ever bother to watch Beck's material when he was on CNN? Glenn was in favour of the government bailout of the banks - even said it was not enough....

... Then he joins FOX and suddenly changes his opinion.

This is why I never really bought in to Beck. Watching his show now is like eating junk food. Makes ya feel good for a moment, until you realise it's just empty calories.

Until he calls out Palin as a substance lacking "pretty face," praises Ron Paul for being the real deal, as opposed to Beck's band wagon conservatism, I'll refrain from his over dramatic show as a regular viewer.

But, just as I enjoy a piece of junk food occasionally, I'll watch every once in a while.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

what's partisan about beck? he wants people to think. he offers information, to some he gets a bit wrong and then it's over, to some he can't do wrong.

i don't think he wants either, he wants people to think for themselves.

lord mockton on beck, i was surprised when he and bolton was kinda speechless.
lol.

that tells me it's not scripted and towing some line set by the PTB.

relax and listen, make up your mind AFTER you hear it.
just like ATS, eh?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by endisnighe

Did you ever bother to watch Beck's material when he was on CNN? Glenn was in favour of the government bailout of the banks - even said it was not enough. Supported universal health care and spoke empathetically towards liberal matters. Then he joins FOX and suddenly changes his opinion.

Beck is controlled opposition.

Oh, you claim progressives are destroying America. Can you give us the exactly definition, without using google or a dictionary? No point using fancy political terms if you are nonchalant towards the meaning....

Please post you facts please, some video or dialog that supports this.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
As the thread starter decided to delete the OP, this thread is now pointless.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join