It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dare you to watch the Glenn Beck 1 year anniversarry show!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Thesis complete, It only took 10 minutes to prove it. Game Over.

[edit on 1/20/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I wouldn't watch it if someone payed me to!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

So much for DENY IGNORANCE . . .

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Are we talking a regular dare, or is this a double dog dare?

I watched the two posted vids. They confirmed my opinion that Beck is an idiot.
Why should I care what some chump on the TV thinks about anything?

I propose a counter dare- stop watcing the TV for a year.
You'll feel better, honest.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

And we wonder why the world is in the state that it is.

You know, even on the battlefield one "watches" his enemy.

The DNC is always watching the RNC and vice versa.

To simply state, in a one line post no less, what you did shows pure complicity in the ignorance movement that shows itself all over the globe.

I do not like nor dislike Glenn Beck - he simply one more puppet - I do however watch him to see what the PTB are trying to convince me of today.

So, I have a dare for you. Watch the clips then come back and really contribute to this thread - post positive or negative feedback about the clip - but at least contribute to it.

Here is my take on the clips:

He is who we thought he was.

Thanks,

Dorian Soran

The Good Doctor

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Did you ever bother to watch Beck's material when he was on CNN? Glenn was in favour of the government bailout of the banks - even said it was not enough. Supported universal health care and spoke empathetically towards liberal matters. Then he joins FOX and suddenly changes his opinion.

Beck is controlled opposition.

Oh, you claim progressives are destroying America. Can you give us the exactly definition, without using google or a dictionary? No point using fancy political terms if you are nonchalant towards the meaning....

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dorian Soran

I have watched this guy MANY times before and he has drove me to the breaking point. Whenever I see him on tv I just wanna break it.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by subject x

I posted the videos at time stamp-9:06 am

You posted that you watched the videos at-9:15 am

2 videos that are together, 19:29.

Hey, can I use your time machine?

reply to post by Misoir

Thank you for your time.

reply to post by Dorian Soran

Quite an obtuse reply but thanks for at least attempting to be civil.

One must always look at all sides, even the enemies.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I'm not going to watch Beck's videos. If I wanted to watch him, I'd turn on my TV and do it. I'd much rather have a discussion with ATS members about what's happening...

Beck is not my enemy. He's an idiot. He's not smart enough to be my enemy.

What is a "progressive", anyway?

Wasn't it you who vowed to Stop using labels? Is "progressive" not a label?

I like subject x's counter dare. Would people know what to think if Glenn Beck and Keith Olbermann didn't tell them what to think?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Well, my test is complete, thank you ATS. You proved my thesis.

Thanks to the member that gave me the idea.

My thesis was no matter what is presented, they can eliminate anyone as a disseminator of info.

Why does anyone even bother to post here. Anyone that you folk do not want on the site you use fallacious arguments and obfuscations.

It only took 10 minutes to prove it.

GOOD BYE!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

isnt that a bit like trying to prove that some people just dont like other people? (sometimes without reason)
hardly a profound lesson about the ATS membership.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

In what world does a thesis/hypothesis/theory/research project/etc. get proven with 7 participants?

Thread topic not proven, but might have been.

Guess won't know, now.

Should have let this play out for a more relevant sample.

Perhaps an argument could than have been made.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

You mean you got caught?

My thesis was no matter what is presented, they can eliminate anyone as a disseminator of info.

You mean, even if someone as neutral as Glenn Beck is presented, someone will call him out as the idiot he is? I don't think you needed to prove that. It's already pretty common knowledge.

Anyone that you folk do not want on the site you use fallacious arguments and obfuscations.

We asked for your definition of "Progressive"...

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by subject x

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Would you people mind refuting the points Beck gives, instead of attacking him as a person?

Par for the course, I guess.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
GOOD BYE!

Wait - don't leave in such haste - it's just getting started.

You posted a video and have been getting feedback ( mostly negative ) but still feedback, right?

ATS is nothing if not 2 sided ( maybe more but at least 2 sided )

I know you weren't just looking for lap dog agreeable responses when you posted this, were you?

You now need to author some counter posts.

Its what ATS is. It's give and take. It's back and forth. It's your ying and my yang ( so to speak )

If you posted this as nothing more than a "social expeirment' then I say move along then.

However, if you posted this as a way to get people thinking then stand your ground man, stay and banter - IT'S WHAT MAKEs ATS SO GREAT AND DISCOURAGING ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

The issue here isn't Glenn Beck or Keith Olberman - its if you have the fortitude to see your thread, your very ideals to the end.

Dorian Soran

The Good Doctor

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I was thinking the same thing, this is preposterous. 89% of posters don't even give the videos a chance and spew for premediated views based on something completely different.

9% who do watch this video don't really go into it at all and simply slap it on as "more Beck shpiel" and all that nonsense.

Then there is the 1% who listens to this video and realize that it coincides with a majority of arguments that have been on ATS this past year. I find it funny that people don't realize this.

So to these "experienced" posters, Beck is the "controlled opposition". I see. Does that mean that it is all reverse psychology? I suppose now that since Beck is against it we are supposed to support the progressive movement. Never mind the reality behind what he is talking about - he MUST be a media run disinfo presenter.

Seriously, if everyone is a disseminator of information then please: who the HELL are we supposed to trust?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
If I did watch (and chances of that are negligible at best) I would be sure to do a shot every time the phrases "destroying America" or "because I love my country" are said.

I am going to need a few more bottles it seems.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by xmaddness]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I would have liked to see the Vids.

If it has something you feel we should see, why are they gone?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
So to these "experienced" posters, Beck is the "controlled opposition".

Who said that? You're the only one to say that. We said he's an idiot. He's stupid.

Originally posted by Sean48
I would have liked to see the Vids.

Here

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

He is an "idiot" for waking people up to the corrupt progressive movement in America?

I don't care how much he acts, what stupid gestures he makes, or whatever he does - the only thing I care about, and that I choose to listen to - is what he is saying about that said movement in America. Most of the crap I already knew and could confirm before he even opened his mouth. Occasionally, I am surprised by a bit of information he brings to the table and I research it myself. Unlike some of the more self proclaimed conspiracy gods like Adam Jones or David Icke, most of Beck's information can at least be backed up by some sibilance of proof.

I don't watch it to learn what I already know, I watch it to see what every other sheep in America is learning. From my standpoint, it is only doing this country a long deserved justice, allowing people to take a glimpse of the true agenda, research for themselves, and actually trying to get their voices to be heard.

If that is "stupid" then myself and a whole lot of other ATS members are guilty as charged.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by gwydionblack]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join