It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism in America. The real threat to Americans revealed.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Does anyone remember that people inside of every city of America experience the fear from and proliferation of terrorism? Forget Al-Qaeda, forget Hamas, forget Islamic Jihad.

Let's just look at one American city and it's problems with real, physical and emotional terror.

Terrorists in Chicago.

One terror-filled weekend in 2008

Fighting Terror in Chicago

Terror in 2009

I could go on. And on. And on. And, just in Chicago alone. Yet, I am supposed to fear the ideology of pissed off Muslims and what they could do someday in some random US city, yet in any city they pick, the stats for inner-city violence are astounding. The people in the US cities are dying faster than US troops abroad.

THAT is one hell of a threat to Americans.

Cuhail

EDIT to add- Here's what the ATF has to say about MY surrounding communities. This is where I live, raise my child, make my living.

ATF to release top-10 list of Lake County gang members

In seeking to curb gang activity in Lake County, the ATF has focused on communities such as Waukegan, North Chicago, Mundelein, Round Lake and Zion, Elk said.

According to the ATF’s 2009 Gang Threat Assessment, the county has the third-most gang members in Illinois, trailing Cook and Will Counties.

Nationwide, Illinois ranks first in gang members per capita at 8 to 11 gang members per 1,000 residents, the study found.

In Lake County, authorities estimate that as many as 3,500 gang members live north of Lake Cook Road.

(Bolding, mine)
3500 gang members in my county. Hell, thats how many times more members that AQ has in Yemen? (About 200)

C

[edit on 1/20/2010 by Cuhail]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
((snip))
(Bolding, mine)
3500 gang members in my county. Hell, thats how many times more members that AQ has in Yemen? (About 200)

C

obama says the boogie-men 6000 miles away in yemen are a threat to "national security".. so it matters.

The gangsters are only a threat to YOU, so it doesn't matter.

It's like here in So Cal, illegal criminals who boogie across the border victimize the living urine out of people hourly.. yet, there's no "war on" illegals, no occupation of the border, not even one single armed drone... because "they" just don't give a rats sphincter about us.

The GOP/DNC only feign concern as a guise for whatever profitable violence "they" want to export 5000-6000 miles away.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

You are absolutely right! Now why on earth are they talking about a "threat" from abroad when, as you perfectly illustrated, the real threats are around you? What's your opinion on the reason behind this?

Magnum

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Because there's no oil in the inner city! The people in inner-city situations are wholly expendable and no matter how many citizens they kill, they're killing each other just as well.

To answer your real question though, I submit this article...

Eager to Tap Iraq's Vast Oil Reserves, Industry Execs Suggested Invasion

They were assessing the cleanup and renewal of oil equipment and remanagement of oil fields more than a year before we invaded.

Why Yemen now?

The Yemen Hidden Agenda: Behind the Al-Qaeda Scenarios, A Strategic Oil Transit Chokepoint

There isn't money to be made in the inner-city. Maybe if they focussed a bit more on domestic crisis', we wouldn't have to spend so much cleaning up the messes. But, no. In the quest for globalization, we must look outward. Or something like that.

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

That's absolutely sad... It really is. People are dying and being hurt by violence and disease and very little money is spent to stop it... Yet the government spends trillions of dollars on wars and propaganda to dupe the people they are supposed to represent and protect for personal gain...

Someone should turn the tables on them somehow...

Magnum

[edit on 10/1/20 by Magnum007]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
reply to post by Cuhail

That's absolutely sad... It really is. People are dying and being hurt by violence and disease and very little money is spent to stop it... Yet the government spends trillions of dollars on wars and propaganda to dupe the people they are supposed to represent and protect for personal gain...

Someone should turn the tables on them somehow...

Magnum

So how do you suggest that the US government be overthrown?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well, on top of it, the inner-city is the end of the line for drugs coming from places like Afghanistan, Colombia and China. Most of low-income teenagers in inner-city locales are either supporting the drug trade or actively working it.
As far as the CIA is concerned, why would you eliminate your customer base. Without them, they'd have little to profit upon. It's been stated over and over that the War on Drugs is a failure, but, I think it was meant to.
Most of the heavy-caliber weaponry circulating in Chicago (AK-47s are the favorite) comes from the conflicts abroad like Bosnia, Afghanistan and Iraq. Hell, we don't MAKE AK-47s in America, do we? And I have yet to see a gangbanger busted with an HK Assault rifle. Maybe an UZI or a MAC, but, they like them AKs.

Wars make possible three great moneymakers.

Arms trade
Sex trade
Drug trade

Wait...those three things are the biggest moneymakers in the inner-city too.....huh.

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Did I suggest that? Overthrowing our government? I don't remember advocating that.

How do YOU think you should overthrow your government?

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Did I suggest that? Overthrowing our government? I don't remember advocating that.

Cuhail

That comment was aimed at me...

As far as overthrowing the government, that's not really what I had in mind. What should we do to turn the tables? I don't know, I don't have any answers, it's just that their actions are incredibly idiotic and I wish something could be done...

Magnum

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007

Cuhail

That comment was aimed at me...

As far as overthrowing the government, that's not really what I had in mind. What should we do to turn the tables? I don't know, I don't have any answers, it's just that their actions are incredibly idiotic and I wish something could be done...

Magnum

Well this thread has made me aware that inner-city crime is terrorism, yet... hmmmm... I've never been affected by inner-city crime but 911 did have an impact on me.
Ok so the coup plans are off, eh? First thing is to realize that there are many brave men and women who sacrifice themselves to protect this country and serve. As for the decision makers... well, the political correctness is going to bite them in the azz soon.
By suggecting that we can do without the government and the structure we have by turning tables then maybe you can get more specific... or are you just wishing for some stable and normal years to enjoy hedonism like we did in the 60's and 70's?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Well this thread has made me aware that inner-city crime is terrorism, yet... hmmmm... I've never been affected by inner-city crime but 911 did have an impact on me.

Where do you live? Take a drive on the South West side of Chicago. The Lower East side of New York. East L.A.
Chances are, you may just be affected. Chances are it will affect you as much as 9/11 did.

Ok so the coup plans are off, eh? First thing is to realize that there are many brave men and women who sacrifice themselves to protect this country and serve. As for the decision makers... well, the political correctness is going to bite them in the azz soon.

Yeah, I have friends and relatives serving. Do I respect them for putting their life on the line for my freedoms? Hell yeah! My freedoms seem to be being lessened every day despite their toil. I'll tell ya what, I won't get on an airplane and not because of the infantismal chance a pissed off Muslim will too, but, because as soon as I enter that airport, my civil liberties are in jeopardy. I can be scanned as if naked, strip searched, have my bags gone through, have my property stolen by dudes in the baggage department. Yeah, thank god for home security.

By suggecting that we can do without the government and the structure we have by turning tables then maybe you can get more specific... or are you just wishing for some stable and normal years to enjoy hedonism like we did in the 60's and 70's?

I didn't hear him suggest eliminating the government either, but, I think we are supposed to have some say in how our Government is run and that say is becoming less and less. We cannot fear fear. Fear is not supposed to shrink you, it's supposed to heighten your awareness.

And I miss the 70's. Life, for me, was good in the 70's.

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Where do you live? Take a drive on the South West side of Chicago. The Lower East side of New York. East L.A.

Been to all those places and there are much worse places on the planet I've seen personally. You miss the point since you can't see past anti-Americanism. Sorry.
Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
What's more American than seeing the problems of our country and remarking upon them? I was born and bred in America. 40 flippin years of it. I love my country, but, I'm not about to distract my vision for YOUR sake. Why haven't YOU come out with some advice for us "deluded" folks? What do you suggest, oh Government Payroll worker? You DO work for the US Government, don't you? Honestly, what do you suggest we all do?

I really want to know.

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

You miss the point since you can't see past anti-Americanism. Sorry. Have a nice day.

There's no better way to tell if someone has nothing else to say when they use a deflection technique... Politicians use it all the time...

Nice try! If you can't debate, or have nothing left to defend your position, don't try to deflect away from your lack of arguments. Politely accept defeat, or don't continue posting... There is no point in calling someone some name just because you don't have anymore ammo left...

As far as 9/11 affecting you, I can see it did. You seem to be blinded by the shining light reflecting off of the government's armor; the armor keeping you out from knowing the truth... When 3000 people die from terrorism in a few years and double that amount die in 1 year from a treatable disease, there's the problem... When you have tens of thousands of murders a year but do nothing about that, yet spend billions a year on fighting a ghost force that have killed 1/3 of that amount over 40 years, there's another problem...

It's time to wake up and smell the hard facts. There is patriotism and there is absolute blindness. You can be a patriot while admitting mistakes you know... Nothing is perfect... Not Canada, not the U.S., not Europe, not Asia, not Africa, not anywhere. Yet we love the places we come from, it's time we accept that there are changes needed...

Magnum

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55

Been to all those places and there are much worse places on the planet I've seen personally. You miss the point since you can't see past anti-Americanism. Sorry.
Have a nice day.

I will say, in order for you to recognize what you're doing with this post, please browse this wonderful thread by SkyFloating.

Psychological Projection

Linked with your best interests in mind. You've used the method before. It's time to learn why.

Cuhail

top topics

<< 1   >>

join