It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism in America. The real threat to Americans revealed.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
As I've been reading more and more about current events that have been happening in the world, I've noticed that buried under all the front page news about Iran, N. Korea, Yemen, body scanners etc... there is a phenomenon that is occurring more and more in the US. There is a situation that is getting worse and worse yet nobody is doing anything about it:

Gunmen killing people either at random or for a purpose.

I decided to look up the murder rate in the US for 2008 and found that it was at 5.4/100000 people. The violent crime rate for the US in 2008 was a whopping 454.5/100000 people. I also decided to look up the terrorism rate (deaths caused by terrorism) and found it to be at 10.813/1 MILLION people from 1968-2006!!!!! It's #23 on the list in the source I provide.

Violent Crime/Murder Rate Wikipedia
Terrorism Rate per Capita

So let's put them side by side to make sure I understand what I am saying...
5.4/100000 people for normal definition of murder
454.5/100000 people for violent crime
1.08/1 100000 people for terrorism deaths in the US

Now knowing this, how can I understand people who state on various posts here on ATS, that they are afraid to walk down the street and pass by a Muslim person? They are more likely to encounter some angry American person who may or may not have lost their job, possibly their spouse and children etc... who then shoots people around him. How can I understand people people saying that they absolutely fear and hate Muslims to death when it's more likely that an American fellow may burst into their place of work and kill scores at a time? There is a real problem about their way of thinking!!! The focus is not right!

Is there a conspiracy on the part of the MSM, the government and other parties to keep the focus away from the REAL threat to American safety? Why can't the US look inside and realize that they have problems to solve inside before going around the world to "solve" and "deliver from evil" and "free from tyranny to bring democracy". The money spent on the wars could have EASILY solved the internal problems in the US, which in turn would have eased the reasons the US has so many shootings/violent crimes.

"Before criticizing someone, take a look at yourself"
-No Idea who said it.

Peace

Magnum

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Good thread...Star for you

I think the main reason, the average Joe Public in the US & the UK for that matter tend to look more at the terrorism card than domestic violence is A the media constantly shoving it down our throats Abdul, Mohammed & Ahmed are out to take over the country with the idea you can either convert to Islam or die & B - People tend to feel threatened by what they percieve as different, & if the media/government keep stating the muslim terrorists, people hear muslim=terrorists & that is how a whole religon seems to get demonized.

I've probably gone about trying to explain in a long winded way, hopefully you understand what im trying to say

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 05/08/2009 by LiveForever8]

[edit on 05/08/2009 by LiveForever8]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
AQ plan doesn't even start until 2010, so that ratio will change.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
LiveForever8 :

Thank you for the videos! The first one was very informative and the second made me laugh super hard... (sad isn't it)...

reply to post by Bun-G

I understand exactly what you are saying and I could not agree more. This ideology of misguided and deflected fear is appalling... The only thing is that I still don't understand the purpose of it. If they want more money and power, why would they let people in their own country kill each other, or let them die when these are the people they need to produce for the military and to be "the army"... All generals but no soldiers makes a crappy fighting army!!!

Magnum

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the AQ plan?

Magnum

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
reply to post by JJay55

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the AQ plan?

Magnum

2001 911, the Awakening
2002-2006 Eyes opening, infiltration of infrastructures, placement of cells and small terrorism activity, cyberterrorism.
2007-2009 economic collapse, Syria/Yemen activity, OIC countries infighting for leadership positions
2010-2013 a dozen 911s, increased cell activity (apparent since crotchbomber and an incident everyday since)
2014-2017 full confrontation
2018 reformation of the Caliphate.

or something like that.
AQ=OIC. AQ is just the tool of delivery.
So far they are right on schedule, gaining momentum and will continue until they achieve their goal.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Forgot to mention that snipers are recruited, like Timothy McVeighs, that will do shootings. There have been arson incidents that were terrorism related. Trains, tanker trucks, factory explosions... all part of minor terrorism that were dry runs and initiations.
Prisons are big places of recruitment. The time is ripe for all those anti-American and anti-government fellows to join up and act out.

Also there was a plan in 2009 to impregnant as many non-muslim women by muslim men to build 8 year olds for the full confrontation phase... so the numbers will be incredible with this babyboom. 8 year old soldiers are an Islamic custom, and they have planned this to every last detail.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55

2001 911, the Awakening
2002-2006 Eyes opening, infiltration of infrastructures, placement of cells and small terrorism activity, cyberterrorism.
2007-2009 economic collapse, Syria/Yemen activity, OIC countries infighting for leadership positions
2010-2013 a dozen 911s, increased cell activity (apparent since crotchbomber and an incident everyday since)
2014-2017 full confrontation
2018 reformation of the Caliphate.

or something like that.
AQ=OIC. AQ is just the tool of delivery.
So far they are right on schedule, gaining momentum and will continue until they achieve their goal.

Sounds like we are going to be busy.

Maybe we should bring home the troops from 39 countries, 800 bases.

Might need them.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Also there was a plan in 2009 to impregnant as many non-muslim women by muslim men to build 8 year olds for the full confrontation phase... so the numbers will be incredible with this babyboom. 8 year old soldiers are an Islamic custom, and they have planned this to every last detail.

Please , Please tell me you were laughing at your comp when you wrote this.

Because it sure as hell gave me a good laugh.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

Please , Please tell me you were laughing at your comp when you wrote this.

Because it sure as hell gave me a good laugh.

Sadly no, it's just another plan that's being carried out. I didn't make the plan I just know about it.
You should laugh at the ones who are actually thinking up these methods against the West... instead of shooting the messenger.
Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Now that is a bold claim that requires some sort of proof and not some wingnut rightwing conservative paranoid site like the HLS.

I'm much more afraid of being killed by drunk driver or getting struck by lightening on the golf course. And I'm not going to stop driving or playing golf.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

This is some fantastic work you're writing man. Sure you arent leaking the plot for the final season of 24?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Hi Magnum,

Good thread

Fear mongering. MSM, GOV, Political movements.
You are right.

There are a lot of fear mongers right here at ATS.

I'm not saying terrorism isn't a problem. It is but we have a lot of more deadly ones.

People are freaking right out over the slightest hint, like the underwear bomber.

There are a lot of people in this country that fit the profile of domestic terrorist since forever.

Wars rile people up, fear subjugates them. You watch, the next administration if it's Republican, it will immediately reinstate terror alerts.

The current admin is failing right now. People are upset.
Usually that means new boss is coming.

I can't wait to see the direction we take next.

Ziggy Strange

[edit on 20-1-2010 by ziggystrange]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

You are right and this is exactly what the gov't is going to use to gain gun controll. Also it isnt the Muslims that are the terrorists it is the US Gov't, they just want you to think it is the Muslims.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Melissa101]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by JJay55

This is some fantastic work you're writing man. Sure you arent leaking the plot for the final season of 24?

That's ma'am, thank you.
And the only thing authentice about 24 is the nuke going off in downtown LA.
I work with counter-terrorism experts and the threats are very real. Go ahead and blame the US government and think it's some conspiracy by America because... we don't have anything better to do with our time.

You have been warned. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
OR maybe the fact is that the guys [and gals] going on the little shooting sprees look like a typical member of the community, Since they are!
Terrorist are likely not to look like a typical US or UK citizen. Humans being at heart a lazy race across the board are more likely to fear the person who doesn't look like the norm for their area!
I do agree with the fact that quite a few people have lost their marbles and have shot up a lot of other people. Personally I see this being akin to rats leaving a sinking ship. Humanity's sub-conscience knows there is something big coming and some psyche's can not handle it. So they snap.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
OR maybe the fact is that the guys [and gals] going on the little shooting sprees look like a typical member of the community, Since they are!
Terrorist are likely not to look like a typical US or UK citizen. Humans being at heart a lazy race across the board are more likely to fear the person who doesn't look like the norm for their area!
I do agree with the fact that quite a few people have lost their marbles and have shot up a lot of other people. Personally I see this being akin to rats leaving a sinking ship. Humanity's sub-conscience knows there is something big coming and some psyche's can not handle it. So they snap.

That "snap" scenerio was also used to try to explain Ft Hood and it was not actually the case. Muslims do not snap, they have a well thought out plan and the ideology that enforces it.

As for more crimes and more violence in society, that's a subject for another thread. Yes, humanity changes with the times.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

My response has nothing to do w/Muslims. Did you read it in context with the thread? Most Muslims stand out to westerners due to cultural differences. We see someone different and we react normally out of apprehension and/or fear. A westernized Muslim draws less attention from us, but still is noted by our sub-conscious. The folks snapping tend not to be noticed because they look just like us! At least until they show up someplace with guns and start shooting.
As for Muslims not snapping, that is quite a assumption. They can and do no one is that calm and collect 24/7. When the majority of the followers are undereducated and poor they tend to cling to what the man at the stand tells them. I have said it before and I'll say it again, Islam needs to adapt to the modern world. Until that happens we will be at war with a religion hijacked by a few and with no centralized leadership. What the extremist should worry about is creating another Vlad in the west who will answer their attrocities with more. The world is willing to talk, but is Islam ready to listen?

[edit on 20-1-2010 by hangedman13]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
The world is willing to talk, but is Islam ready to listen?

Excellent point and the answer is... no. It's against their ideology to listen because the world is inferior to Islam.
Now what?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join