It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An International "Awake the Sheeple[MASSES] Day"!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran

Originally posted by Unregistered
I'm always all for this but we have to face facts. The sheeple sees us as whackjobs and that will never ever change.

No wonder people see you and the other "holier than thou" posters as, as you put it, "whackjobs".

Might also have something to do with the hypocrisy of chastising them for allowing the "Elites" to lead them blindly around by the nose, when really... that's exactly what many Conspiracy Theorists set themselves up to be. Counter-Elitists, perhaps, but still Elitists in their own right. If someone understands their proposition yet rejects it based on lack of evidence, logical fallacy, outright error, etc - do their accusers consider them any less sheeple? Just what makes the CTer so special that anyone should join THEIR herd? Truth? Be that as it may, then why the aforementioned lack of empirical evidence necessary to blow the lid?

Though I dislike the term "sheeple", I've come to see it's usage as more of coping mechanism than an insult. It's a reassurance to the one shouting it. Especially if they really and truly believe the conspiracy they're promoting. It answers questions such as: Why doesn't the world accept their standards of evidence? Why can't they see what's going wrong in the world? Why can't they put the dots together which are so plainly drawn in front of them? They must be asleep, in a media-fed hypnotism. They must be mindless sheep. But I.... "I"... am better than they are, because I saw through it and awoke to the scheme.

Which is yet another reason why CTers shouldn't use that term... especially when dealing with people they are trying to convince of something.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The whole point of all those "International Day of..." things is to excuse yourself for not being bothered to do anything the rest of the time.

So, you actually want to educate people and spread information? Why are wasting time talking to us about wasting more time organising a "day" when the day is today and tomorrow and the next day?

Stop thinking in old ways and old distractions. This is supposed to be a new age, after all.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran
You mean the truth that most people won't get by the origanl thread title no matter how much good content is in the post?

Exactly! I just changed the title of the thread, as well as added a bunch of stuff to the OP (at the bottom of the OP you all can see it there). Hopefully people can look past the damn name and see that this could really work, and would be a great way to get us all together on one giant project.

Seriously this has never been done before. I mean people make documentaries, but there is always crap thrown in them which make them worthless to show to people who are not as open minded as some of us here at ATS.

I would love to head the "ATS Project Committee" - doesn't have to be official title or anything, I'm just saying I wouldn't mind putting the time and effort into making this happen. But I cannot do all of this by myself, and since now I believe I have gotten all the crap out of the way, hopefully people can start leaving some good feedback that can help me reshape some ideas here and refine everything in better measure.

Like stated in the OP I accept and welcome ALL suggestions/opinions. But please, back yourself up! Tell me why you don't like this, or why you like that, and what you would do if you were to do this or that etc... No one line replies "Ha, this will never work, good luck!" That will not help and you all know it.

Anyway please look past the damn title here people, and look at the idea. It has much heart put into it, and damn how is this not a good idea? Yes some people will say "screw this!" but who cares? People will always reject ideas, it's human nature. But even if that 1% of the people you show this future presentation too change their views, decide to look up some things for themselves and do their own research, read some alternative new websites, stop watching as much tv, don't take the flu vaccinations they don't need, OR whatever else - is that not a positive thing? Anyone who says otherwise shouldn't even be on this damn site!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIrvy

Are you an idiot? I only say this because if you READ THE ORIGINAL POST I said we should be doing things like spreading the truth ALL THE TIME! Dammit people, you really need to stop reading one line of a thread, or 2 responses and then think you can make a comment.

I say we have this one day a year to bring us all together, TOGETHERNESS is a good and positive thing. Also, using all our brains instead of just one or a couple is much more productive if we can do it in some sort of orderly fashion and I think we can we just need to calm down and relax. I really want to make this work.

And the whole idea of promoting one day a year to take people aside and show them a presentation will help others get into the groove of helping others ALL year around!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Hey there,

I understand what the OP is saying. I have often wondered how this site, with all its, talent and brilliance, can not be making more of a contribution that, on a mass or user friendly level, augments the awareness of the general complacent public to some of the issues that are going on all around them.
Maybe we should have a consensus or a poll on the most popular or truthful conspiracies, maybe narrow it down to top three. Lay them out in a brief but accurate format and sign them "Brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Truth Shepard" Maybe a virtual newsletter that can not be denied. Some thing that you could say to someone who is giving you the slide about the truth, here read this and then tell me I'm full of crap.

After all ATS shouldn't be just for the self indulgence of those who already smell a rat or are suspicious of TPTB. How can ignorance be fully denied if we are always preaching to the choir? We should be using this platform to it's full potential. Taking ATS on the road. I don't know just some ramblings.

Not sure if this is any help but at least in the spirit of the thread I'm on board

If we build it, they will come

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Day?! If only a day could be enough. It would require a month or perhaps a year or more. There should also be a name for it that's more tangible, concrete and very forceful. I would call it something like International Opposition to Secrecy-Based Government Month, as lengthy as that sounds - something that would automatically imply awakening the sheeple without a literal statement that sounds insulting.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal
The name SHEEPLE is only being used in this thread so we all can understand what we're talking about here easily.

I don't understand who you mean by "sheeple". The unawakened masses? Who are they? The people who live their lives each day, going to work and providing for their families without ever giving a second thought to a conspiracy theory? Your average Joe?

It's always amusing to me how people use this idea of "sheeple", meaning, the unawakened masses, while assuming that they themselves are "awake". I absolutely hate the attitude some have that they, and those who agree with them, are somehow "awakened" and see the "truth", while everyone else needs to wake up. It's the most arrogant stance of which I can conceive...

I'm sorry this is negative feedback, but I think it's important that you see this from a different perspective. Being frank, it may benefit you to ask yourself if you are not, in fact, one of the sheeple.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Dont worry about sheple or sheeps , whatever you wanna call it and be condemned here for whatever you wrote. It boils down to your belief systems.

No one here matters. NO ONE. We are just nameless souls here, and seldom does anyone trust one another here anyway. Those who have set minds will continue to believe in whatever they believe, evidence, logic, reason or no.

Ultimately, what counts is what YOU believe and your ability to RATIONALISE, CRITICALLY ANALYSE whatever data presented here or the MSM, and convince your family, relatives and friends - those who matter and whom you love and care about in your life, discuss and act upon it.

Good luck! ( We need it, for we this generation are living in interesting times, of changes not only to ourselves but for others around us as well.)

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This is my intention for our awareness.

"We are awake and aware, waking up to our true abilities now over this planet, and we are now forming manifesting and meditation groups to bring in an edenist world. All awaken and join this transformation. We are powerfully protected and safe and care deeply for every single person and child on this planet, and for all of nature and mother earth and we are acting in love to respond with compassion to each other for we are one, and working at healing mother earth. No plan against the people shall ever propser. We are raising our frequencies to the highest level and our awareness and love, and only positive loving people, events and circumstances will ever enter our lives.
This is manifesting now. It is so. Thank You, Creator, for Your love, shine Your light and love upon us, enlighten us. I offer this intention to You."

The Great Intention

Max Igans channel is wonderful, his many videos and radio program. I recommend subscribing. Every Saturday, or even tag on the hour as an andendrum for the files are n't closed until the next one, lol, at 2 pm pacific time, there is a growing group of manifestors, meditators, taking responsiblity for the mirror this world is and seeing it being a wonderful peaceful eden, with grass roots freedom and a system without bankers, elites and ruling class, or slavery. Come and join us!

Another channel worth subscribing to, is morningmayans channel. She is incredible, both in terms of metaphysics and actually making those phone calls to the senators and going to the police station to talk to them and even press charges against the vaccine makers for the swine flu for example.

Masters Class Spirituality - Time to get connected

She has in her channel her frequency course to raise frequency and manifest eden. The light is going to win.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I would love to head the "ATS Project Committee"

And there we have the truth.

No, I'm not an idiot, I'm far far from it. This is exactly the sort of thing we need to be distancing ourselves from and getting the hell away from.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I've had an idea for an "INTERNATIONAL DAY OF TRUTH" wherein we ask all potential whistleblowers to come forward at once to make an undeniable case for the truth. It would also be a day when political figures could step forward and announce their support for the truth.
Presently, being a whistleblower gets virtually zero attention, and speaking up for the truth makes you a target, like Charlie Sheen and Rosie O'Donnell. Consequently, we need to have a day where these voices would be heard all at once, thus magnifying their impact and removing the potential for targeting simply by the sheer volume.
The coordination would involve a C-SPAN type of coverage in various cities around the world, with microphones stationed at public venues around the world. At any time, a person could come forward with their piece of truth and tell their story. In between such pronouncements, other whistleblowers (like Sibel Edmonds) could be telling their story, or their could be musical entertainment by groups who support the truth, bands like Pearl Jam, Rage Against the Machine, Public Enemy, Spearhead, etc.
Of course, the entire idea is fraught with logistical nightmares and people infiltrating the event to distort and manipulate. But I think a thoughtful approach could iron out many of the potential problems.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparrowstail
Hey there,

I understand what the OP is saying. I have often wondered how this site, with all its, talent and brilliance, can not be making more of a contribution that, on a mass or user friendly level, augments the awareness of the general complacent public to some of the issues that are going on all around them.
Maybe we should have a consensus or a poll on the most popular or truthful conspiracies, maybe narrow it down to top three. Lay them out in a brief but accurate format and sign them "Brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Truth Shepard" Maybe a virtual newsletter that can not be denied. Some thing that you could say to someone who is giving you the slide about the truth, here read this and then tell me I'm full of crap.

After all ATS shouldn't be just for the self indulgence of those who already smell a rat or are suspicious of TPTB. How can ignorance be fully denied if we are always preaching to the choir? We should be using this platform to it's full potential. Taking ATS on the road. I don't know just some ramblings.

Not sure if this is any help but at least in the spirit of the thread I'm on board

If we build it, they will come

Good idea, thanks for the input. See these are the posts I'd like to see. People contributing instead of bitching. Honestly some of you need to just stay away from this thread because obviously you are not getting the damn idea. How many times do I need to explain myself about the whole 'sheeple' thing?

I just want to wake up the people who need to know certain important things - what are those important things? It's not up to just me to decide, I want this to be a project that ATS does together!

Originally posted by TheIrvy

I would love to head the "ATS Project Committee"

And there we have the truth.

No, I'm not an idiot, I'm far far from it. This is exactly the sort of thing we need to be distancing ourselves from and getting the hell away from.

You really are the idiot though, you keep making posts not giving any explanation behind what you're saying and quoting one piece of a post I made... seriously?

You might as well stop posting in this thread. You aren't contributing, you're just trolling and derailing the topic, period. So if you don't mind either stop posting in my thread, or contribute. You can get angry all you want, but explain it then instead of 2 line or 1 line posts. It's annoying, and also not allowed on ATS (1 line replies).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join