It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An International "Awake the Sheeple[MASSES] Day"!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
An International "Awake the Sheeple" Day!
(Yes I understand the name of this day would have to be something different, but I'm using this for now because it will give the impression I'm trying to give for now)[Because people do not understand I was using the word SHEEPLE to make a point, I guess I need to explain this thread a little bit more. The name of the day we would 'celebrate' does not matter at this moment, obviously it would not stay "Awake the Sheeple" it would be changed, but that is not what we need to worry about right now there are far more things to work on before we are at that point SO I apologize if I offended anyone the word sheeple will NOT be used!!!]

Please, before you close this thread and not put the time into reading it, think for a moment to yourself "Do I want the world to be a better place?" and if you answer yes, then please do read this and share it with others.

I was just replying to another thread when I thought of this. Let me quote myself from the post I'm talking about...

"We should have a national (well it would obviously never be official ha) "Awake the Sheeple" day once a year or something like that. But honestly we should be living every day like that; trying to show people the truth even if it may hurt. This is not about fear mongering this is about helping everyone succeed in life and help us all progress as the human race. We could be much more evolved than we are today if people just opened their damn eyes!"

That sort of sums up the idea in a nutshell but let me break this down a bit more...

Imagine if we all really took the facts we know of, which if you do your research it isn't hard to find cold hard facts especially if you know how to use the search here on ATS, put them into an easy to read/user friendly document/slide-show that we could share with those around us. It could be family members, friends, co-workers, or random people you got together to shed light on. Whatever the situation may be, would it not be a good idea to start doing something like this?

I have been saying this a lot lately, "It's time we do something about everything going on in the world!" And it is! I think this "Awake the Sheeple" day could be a really good idea. Obviously you don't need to take this 100% seriously and set one day aside each year to do this, because like I stated above we should be trying to help spread truth wherever we go, and to whomever is willing to listen.

But really it would be a great idea to actually have a day each year we can all come together with our knowledge, present it politely yet sound and hard hitting. Think of it this way... say we made the date Feb. 15 of each year, well each January we could all work together on creating a presentation we'd share with people around us. With all of us here on ATS supporting each other and creating the best possible presentation/slide-show I think it would knock people out of the water, literally!

I know I'm a smart guy, and there are plenty of other smart people on these forums, so why not put it to some use? I know I am only one person, but it would be awesome if we could come together and do something productive for once! This is something we all can agree on, it is a problem that we need to face head on. Together we can make a difference, and although alone we can do so as well, two heads are better than one!

By the way I am posting this here in the General Conspiracy forums because it relates to all conspiracies/facts we are aware of. So I say let's do it, let's put our knowledge together and help open peoples eyes and make the world a better place, for real! I'm very hopeful that people here on ATS will respond to this thread with positive feedback. This really could be something huge, we just need to put the effort into it, and really how hard would this be?! It would be easy! Heck, I love researching and I already know a ton of information just from reading ATS (although obviously it's good to have resources to back up claims and facts) so how hard would it be? Not hard at all people!

So please, post your thoughts on this idea and maybe we can make it happen! I would love, truly love to see something like this occur in my generation (and I'm young and optimistic). It is not too late to help others, it is never too late to do anything. So as I said I'd appreciate your thoughts ATSers and opinions.

If you have anything you'd like to say about this, then say it. If you have suggestions, suggest them! We're all ears!

Hopefully one day soon I can celebrate an "Awake the Sheeple Day" that people all around the globe are celebrating as well while they try and help others learn the facts of the reality we are living in!

Okay I obviously need to add some more to the OP because people are really not understanding some things.

First things first, SHEEPLE will not be used in the upcoming title, this was just used for this thread title because it was an easy way to get people to understand WHO I am talking about (the people who blindly look away/close their eyes on society when the truth is right in front of them!).

Second, YES I know everyone here on ATS argues, but when it comes down to it, can we not at least be productive enough to try and put this presentation together? I understand some people don't get along, I understand people will not agree on certain aspects of this idea, which is why myself and whoever else decides to help would ultimately make the final decisions on the project itself (after reading through opinions/suggestions from everyone here at ATS first of course!).

Third, please no bitching. If you can't come and type a constructive comment in my thread, then stay the hell away. I am simply trying to do a nice thing here, bring us together to do something good, and yet people still have to come and be downers about my idea. That's fine, I accept all opinions/suggestions, but if you're going to bitch about something explain why, and what you would change about it!

[edit on 20-1-2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
From an idealistic point of view, I fully agree that there should be an attempt to awaken the sheeple to the realities of our world and to try to teach them how to think for themselves and question everything.

In reality however, this is not always a possibility. You can't simply go around shouting about conspiracies every day and to everyone you meet without the sheeple trying to hand you a tin foil hat and then running in the opposite direction.

The sheeple are often sheeple because they don't want to believe that their governments have been lying to them all their lives. I have tried to inform them of realities, citing fact after fact, providing evidence, basically shoving the truth down their throats and they are still blind.

I believe that those of us who are awake are those that are born with a natural curiosity of our surroundings. We were probably all the kinds of kids that were constantly asking "why". Hell, I know I drove my parents crazy asking "why this?" and "why that?". I was the kind of kid who took all of his toys apart to find out how they worked.

Unfortunately, not everyone is like that and will simply accept anything that is told to them by the highest authority, which frighteningly enough today is the MSM and the governments.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The only awakening most people will ever experience is at the moment of their death. Nothing we can do will ever change that. sadly.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

I think your basic premise is good. I think you should work on the title of the event -- "Awake the Sheeple" seems like it would be destined to be ignored by those who might need it the most. People don't, in general, accept or even ponder information that prejudges them or insults them.

Secondary problem that I see is that we, as a forum membership group, have difficulty agreeing upon even the most common denominator of "facts"....... for example: Consider "awakening" the populace to the idea that nonhuman intelligent entities exist within the universe/timescape/dimension. I believe it is true, however I'm not in posession of facts that prove it, merely evidence.

So who would be the bastion of knowledge that would decide which things the po' unwashed sheeple would be apprised of? I think one of the best things would be to invite people to share their perceptions, and that is something we can do, along with presenting evidence, on a daily basis.

Good thread.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
From an idealistic point of view, I fully agree that there should be an attempt to awaken the sheeple to the realities of our world and to try to teach them how to think for themselves and question everything.

In reality however, this is not always a possibility. You can't simply go around shouting about conspiracies every day and to everyone you meet without the sheeple trying to hand you a tin foil hat and then running in the opposite direction.

The sheeple are often sheeple because they don't want to believe that their governments have been lying to them all their lives. I have tried to inform them of realities, citing fact after fact, providing evidence, basically shoving the truth down their throats and they are still blind.

I believe that those of us who are awake are those that are born with a natural curiosity of our surroundings. We were probably all the kinds of kids that were constantly asking "why". Hell, I know I drove my parents crazy asking "why this?" and "why that?". I was the kind of kid who took all of his toys apart to find out how they worked.

Unfortunately, not everyone is like that and will simply accept anything that is told to them by the highest authority, which frighteningly enough today is the MSM and the governments.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by nik1halo]

Did you not read my whole OP? I said we should come together to provide facts for people, not just conspiracy theories, we need to show others proof that things are going on, and have the facts to back them up!

That is much different then running around with a tin foil hat on screaming out "THEY ARE POISONING OUR FOOD, AND VACCINATIONS ARE WORSE THAN THE ACTUAL DISEASES SO DO NOT GET VACCINATED!"

I want ATS, and anyone else who wants too, to get together, create a logical and user friendly presentation that we can all share with loved ones, or whoever really, maybe even show it off at work or something, and hopefully at least make some people open their eyes enough that they will awaken themselves. We may not be able to force people to open their eyes and be more open minded to the facts, but if we put things out there that they have never heard before, they are bound to catch onto things themselves just by watching the news for example. All the lies that are told to the mass public through the MSM. What if we gave examples from the past where we proved they were lying, or made things up completely? Or even broadcast things before they happen! This has happened, so if we told people these things, showed them the videos, the pictures, the reading material & cold hard facts, they will have no other choice than to at least think about things differently.

Eventually this will turn a 'sheeple' into a truly awakened human being. And that is my goal and it should be all of yours as well. If it is not, then you are no better than the people you say you are fighting against, true fact.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

I think your basic premise is good. I think you should work on the title of the event -- "Awake the Sheeple" seems like it would be destined to be ignored by those who might need it the most. People don't, in general, accept or even ponder information that prejudges them or insults them.

Secondary problem that I see is that we, as a forum membership group, have difficulty agreeing upon even the most common denominator of "facts"....... for example: Consider "awakening" the populace to the idea that nonhuman intelligent entities exist within the universe/timescape/dimension. I believe it is true, however I'm not in posession of facts that prove it, merely evidence.

So who would be the bastion of knowledge that would decide which things the po' unwashed sheeple would be apprised of? I think one of the best things would be to invite people to share their perceptions, and that is something we can do, along with presenting evidence, on a daily basis.

Good thread.

I get what you're saying completely. What I think would have to happen is there would be a mass thread where everyone adds links, facts with proof to back them up, and their explanation behind whatever. Then some people who volunteer (such as myself) sift through it all and make some clear presentable typed up presentation (rough draft). We make another thread, show this to everyone, allow comments/suggestions and then revise the presentation as needed (once again by volunteers like myself).

After this process is done we would upload the final document to ATS and allow everyone to freely download it and share it with whomever they wish to share it with.

And as much as I believe in non-human entities myself, that is something we would not be able to prove, that is just an opinion in most peoples eyes that there are non-human entities. The material used in the presentations would be stuff broken down into categories, and possibly sub-categories, for example Politics, then broken down even further to show what is really going on behind the curtains. Also, things like vaccinations and the concern about the harm they cause, chemtrails, whats in our water, things of that nature. Things that don't sound impossible or highly improbable to someone who may have not ever thought of these things before.

It MUST be user friendly that is the basis to this whole concept. I really truly think we could do this, and I promise I will put in all the time needed if I get enough people here interested in helping doing this. I'd also love some volunteers to help do this project, obviously it would take me forever to sort through all the facts & info to put into the presentation alone, so any help would be of great appreciation.

Does that make more sense?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Yes I did read your entire post, but you evidently didn't read all of mine, or even understand the premise of it.

I stated that I have provided hard facts and evidence to people, yet they simply dismiss it.

Also I never said that we should "Run around with tin foil hats on screaming". What I was pertaining to is that THEY (the sheeple) will think that we are those kinds of people if you constantly try to tell everyone, all the time about truths that they are not ready to hear.

Basically, it'll never work, because the majority of people ARE sheep. They were born to follow, without question, blindly, without the capacity to think that what they see around them is not right.

May I also just point out that your response was overly agressive to what I thought was a polite, although admittedly slightly flippant response to your OP, although no offence taken.

Peace

Nik.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Here are a few alternate thread / day titles that don't insult the very people you are trying to force into a state of awakeness:

1. International "freedom from domination" day

2. International "see the facts before its too late" day

3. International "don't let the big money win" day

4. International "awake before your death" day

5. International "save yourself" day

I could go on and on but you get the point, right?

I agree that something needs to be done, and needs to be done NOW, however you really need to go about it a different way. Calling someone a sheeple hints at the fact that YOU know the truth and the little sheeple don't and they need to listen to YOU because you will save them. I can promise nothing but a negative repsonse to you and your ideas if you call someone a farm animal.

And yes, I did read your entire post. I just hope the rest of the people will as well, but don't hold your breath. You have instantly alienated most people with the title of this thread.

Just trying to help here.

Dorian Soran

The Good Doctor

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I'm always all for this but we have to face facts. The sheeple sees us as whackjobs and that will never ever change.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I said we should come together to provide facts for people, not just conspiracy theories, we need to show others proof that things are going on, and have the facts to back them up!

Therein lies the problem. If CTers had the hard evidence and indisputable facts necessary to make their case, then these issues would be debated in a court of law - not a conspiracy forum. Many people here display very negative views of skeptics and critics who engage their ideas with the intent to show them where they went wrong and why it doesn't work. A few here do hold a healthy respect for skeptics as the anvil by which to strike against - honing their theories into something which can actually turn heads. Those who don't allow their assertions to be falsifiable, even their core beliefs, are ill-prepared to "wake up" anyone except the gullible. They're fencing with butter knives, not sabers.

But therein lies another problem... once an idea has been falsified, no matter how thoroughly, there will always be someone there to resurrect it and claim those who don't accept it are "sheeple" who have yet to wake up. How many people on ATS, OP, do you not agree with on what you consider to be behind the veil of secrecy. How many here would consider you one of those sheeple you claim to want to awaken.

Organizing Conspiracy Theorists is like herding cats.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unregistered
I'm always all for this but we have to face facts. The sheeple sees us as whackjobs and that will never ever change.

Or, and I am just spitballing ideas here:

YOU COULD STOP INSULTING THE VERY PEOPLE YOU ARE TRYING TO SHOW THE "WAY" BY NOT CALLING THEM SHEEPLE.

I know, wild idea right?

This is why EVERY movement that ATS stands for will never be taken seriously.

A lot of people here think they are "in the know" and everyone else is inferior - well thats a pretty piss poor way to convince someone to see the light so to speak.

No wonder people see you and the other "holier than thou" posters as, as you put it, "whackjobs".

Why wouldn't they lash out at you and others after being insulted? It doesn't take a brain surgeon, rocket scientist or great federation high commander to see this, or does it?

Dorian Soran

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dorian Soran

The truth hurts doesn't it?

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Unregistered]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Exactly the point I was trying to make.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

The name SHEEPLE is only being used in this thread so we all can understand what we're talking about here easily. I would not go about calling people sheeple - and I'm sorry the thread title is misleading I will change it. I would not literally call the day "Awake the Sheeple Day" it would definitely be something different.

Also, whoever thinks this site is JUST conspiracies is an idiot. There are plenty of real threads on this website, ones I myself have included, that are full of facts, real article by real well known people, on real well known websites.

Just because the MSM didn't come out and say things doesn't mean it isn't true. This is something we need to get across to people, and we can prove this stuff to them using the things that got us intrigued to look into what is going on! That's where we start, we start where we began and work backwards until we have a presentation we can all mutuality agree on for the most part and share share share!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I spend a good portion of my day trying to elevate people's awareness on line and in person.

I have presentations I have put together consisting of Website Articles, YouTube videos, and printed literature I share with clients, and friends, relatives and associates.

9 out of 10 times, I will kidnap them in my office at my business after they have asked a question about a current event or political situation or comment on one, and I say "Let me show what's really up with that" and before I take care of the business that brought them to me, I hold them hostage long enough to show them some information in a format that they can understand so they can better understand just what is going on in the world.

Sometimes the stuff I show them is so mind blowing and shocking to them that my black customers go pale and turn white.

Sometimes the shock of what I show them leads them to walk into my closed office door when leaving it instead of opening it first.

Many times it leads them to then having to return 3 or 4 times in quick order to retrieve the car keys they left, brief cases they left, cell phones that they left, and cigarettes that they left because of the state of shock they are in when I show them the truth of some things.

Waking people up is fun!

Great thread, star and flag.

[edit on 20/1/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Which are the sheeple you're referring to?

Are they the sheeple who believe what the MSM tell them to believe and run with it as fact?

Are they the sheeple who believe the opposite of what the MSM tell them to believe and run with it as fact?

Are they the sheeple who believe what they're afraid to believe and run with that as fact?

Are they the sheeple who believe what they want to believe and run with that as fact?

Are they the sheeple who assume anything the government is doing is for the good of the people and run with that as fact?

Are they the sheeple who assume anything the government is doing is for the good of the government and bad for the people and run with that as fact?

Let's face it, the term "sheeple" has come to be an insult for anyone who blindly follows whatever leader they're following. Yet, we assume they're blindly following because they disagree with our own enlightened opinion, and therefore must be idiots who can't see the light of day. If you really look, there is not a single original opinion out there -- most things we can think of someone else already has, and those they haven't, someone will agree as soon as we mention it. By that definition, every single human being on the planet could be called "sheeple" because they agree with someone else while disagreeing with us.

So, in my opinion, an "Awake the Sheeple Day" would be a day to fight and insult, and nothing more...

Might be a little cynical, but it is simply based what I've seen over time viewing, reading and experiencing debates where the term "Sheeple" has been employed.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This thread cheered me up,that's all i can say!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Haha! Nice going PT! See, this is what I mean, people like ProtoplasmicTraveler doing what needs to be done. I do things just like he does, although I try not to kidnap people
But hey, what has to be done, has to be done!

I also revised the name of the thread title, as well as explained it better in the OP for those of you who cannot look past the damn name and look at the concept I have drawn up. I know it is basic, that is the point. I want feedback, opinions, help, and volunteers to make this work! Either way I am going to do this, and I know some people will help me out, and others will say "screw it there's no point everyone thinks we are crazy" well if we talk to 100 people and 1 person out of the 100 decides to go google some of the things we talked about/presented to them, then we have made a difference! And I can tell you now that more than 1 person would go googling and such after a good presentation.

So common people! Be more optimistic and please, more [positive!] feedback, although I'll take any feedback and try and revise the OP as it comes in.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
So, in my opinion, an "Awake the Sheeple Day" would be a day to fight and insult, and nothing more...

Might be a little cynical, but it is simply based what I've seen over time viewing, reading and experiencing debates where the term "Sheeple" has been employed.

Okay thank you for the input, but I have been addressing this throughout the thread so far, and I have also updated the OP. I fully understand it was stupid to use the word sheeple, I only used it since I knew it would just be "us" here on ATS seeing this original thread idea emerge, the title doesn't matter this is the point I'm trying to make! At least not right now! It can be changed and we would all vote on what to officially call it to make it a fair and user friendly name.

And no you aren't be too cynical, you're being honest, and I appreciate it. Please people more feedback
AND please no more bitching about the SHEEPLE in the title, it WILL be removed in the final product, and more than likely way before then.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

The truth hurts doesn't it?

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Unregistered]

You mean the truth that you are not as enlightened as you would like to think?

You mean the thruth that yes, most people outside of our workd do think of us as "whackjobs"?

You mean the truth that most people won't get by the origanl thread title no matter how much good content is in the post?

You mean the truth that most people, CTers or not, don't like to be insulted or talked 'down' to?

You mean the truth that to contribute to a discussion, positively or negatively, requires more than one line responses and a smiley?

Please let me know which truth hurts?

Thanks,

Dorian Soran

The Good Doctor

[ edit by me - forgot I was the good doctor and good doctors should know how to spell ]

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Dorian Soran]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join