It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N.: Himalayan glaciers warning not backed up by evidence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Link to Source

GENEVA (AP) — The U.N. climate change panel has acknowledged that its warning that Himalayan glaciers may melt by 2035 was not backed by sufficient scientific evidence.

There is much more. But this is probably the most important sentence/statement in the article. This is what many of us here have been trying to get across.

Yes, I understand that it's just not smart to, as the saying goes, crap in your own drinking water. I know that it's just good common sense to try and reduce pollution and waste. I'm not against that. Neither are the majority of people who feel that the 'global warming' 'climate change' fear mongering is just that. Fear mongering.

What we need is real science on this subject. Are changes occuring? Of course they are. They always do occur. It's an everchanging environment. It's what makes this planet what it is.

But to be perfectly honest with you I feel 100% sure that the current push is simply one that is an attempt to place further tax burdens on the people. A further push to reduce more and more freedoms in order to control the masses. Yet the people who have the dough will continue to enjoy everything in abundance.

Give me an unbiased SCIENTIFIC report and I will be a happy camper. But the problem is that we won't get that anymore. Why? Because MONEY tells us what the results should be and not science. Once that is removed from the equation (kind of like in government and politics), we will begin to truly move forward on this and many other important subjects.

join