It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is your favourite president and why?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

My favourite president since 1900 has to be Dwight D. Eisenhower. He built the US superhighway.
He paid for the Interstate Highway system by removing money from the Social Security Trust Fund, replacing it with IOUs. The money was never replaced. Thanks Ike.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

So how's the White House? Is it warm and have you gotten to shake Mr. Obama's hand?

There's never any toilet paper in the bathrooms.

And Obama is a lightweight drunk. Two beers and he's got a lampshade on his head proclaiming himself "The Messiah!" We're not really friends, we just drink together.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Presidents are the patsies who take the blame if something goes wrong. But i have really given this some thought, and I pick JFK because he was put in office to do what he was told like every other president is, But he grew some balls and stood up for what he believed in and for that i pick him.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Both Roosevelts. Kennedy too.

Ike got the idea for the national highways from zee German's und their autobahn.

...President Camacho was pretty awesome too.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Today my favorite past President is Franklin Pierce because he established

the precedent that it is possible to be denied your party's nomination for a second term if they really don't like how things are going. It has only happened once. Even Jimmy Carter got a second run for the job when his chances for re-election were close to zero.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Ronald Reagan. He mainstreamed modern conservatism and won the Cold War. One of the things I like the most about RR is the fact that despite the fact that he was a conservative, he was not an overly religous one and he worked hard to get things done with the Democrats. Reagan would not have been elected were it not for "Reagan Democrats", nor would have many of his legislative initiatives. Reagan used to do battle with Tip O'Neil all week and then every Friday the two of them would have drinks together. He was the last of the gentlemen Presidents we've had.

I also like Truman. When Truman's term was done he packed up his station wagon and drove home. He was just a regular guy who also had balls.

Third on my list is Nixon. I love Nixon's pure determination. The whole "Don't let the bastards get you down" business. He kept failing, got up tried again, failed, did it again and just never gave up. I know I'll get beat up for this Nixon bit, but I liked him.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The current one. If for no other reason than because he is the one that is in office now. He holds the power to lead our nation. Now, is he the best one ever? Probably not. BUT, all the other ones are out of power, thus they are rendered useless in a Presidential capacity. Like it or not, he IS our leader and we have to back him up...if we don't, then in the eyes of the international community it diminishes the worlds respect, trust and admiration of the greatest nation on Earth.

My 2-cents

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join