It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A bit of respect

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It has come to my attention that there is a plan to infiltrate sites such as this to confirm to the paranoid that "they" are out to get us!

I know we should respect the lives that have been lost, but we should preserve and respect the lives still on this plane of existence. I think there are many debunkers and infil-traitors trying to stifle the truth and suppress humanity for a paycheck.

I understand there are many ideas on here, and yes, until proven they are only ideas; which are covered under the 1st amendment of free press. So please look into your own humanness and ask yourself, Is what I am doing for good or not for good?

The point is, we need to unite and find a common ground in the understanding that we all want to be free and love and raise a family without fear of enslavement (economical, mental, or physical)! But I think there are still some out there that like the idea of enslavement, but only if they get to be the master. And if you think that anyone in the position of power and control would relinquish that, you need some psychological help. For the sheep that leads sheep to slaughter, they are the first to be eaten.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
don't worry about those that are gone, care more about those that are yet to come.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
"75,000 people Haiti has alreasy buried"

i believe the real number would be more then 2000 to 3000 people that are dead

75,000 is over the top

la2

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
the haitian government in co-ordination with the Us has confirmed a total of 75,000 dead, and are saying the total death toll will almost certainly be around the 200,000 mark.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I dont feel sorry for the dead, i feel sorry for the living relatives and the children left without parents and those who have to live in terror, poverty and pestilence.

I dont feel sorry for the dead as their problems are over.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

Originally posted by Obinhi
S&F for a vain plea. I like what the op said, but wait for the arguments about coverups to migrate here.

Stop being intentionally trollish, insisting and provoking.. and maybe they won't? If you want to discuss the tragedy, discuss the tragedy, don't troll about almost demanding that "these people" come in here. So you can prove a point?

Excuse me Syphon, but I see nothing 'trollish' about my post. I agree with what the original poster pointed out, I however know a little about the internet and how forums tend to work and know that anyone who trys to show humanity attracts exactly what they are asking people to be mindful of. I for one feel that the tragedy is unfortunate, but when one plans a city on the convergence of 3 fault lines, problems are bound to crop up. I feel for the human cost, But will not abide being called a troll.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Nice point
, thanks. When i think about me sitting here, alive there are others at the exact time exhaling their last litre of carbon dioxide before they leave Earth.
once again, thanks for the reminder.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Thus we see the age old practice of domination by emotion and attempt to dominate one another through emotion.

Yes tragedies are tragedies but ignoring the things that can lead to tragedy just because at times aspects of those things can be unpleasant and at times overwhelming is no reason to stop the investigation of what might have led to tragedies simply because someone finds it emotionally unpleasant or is so overwhelmed by the scope of the tragedy that they simply want to grasp at the most convenient and readily acceptable explanation.

What serves the victims of tragedies and more importantly the future victims of tragedies that could possibly be averted? Looking for the hard answers no matter how unpleasant, soul searching or difficult so that those responsible for their loss are held to account and potential future victims do not fall prey to the same machinations, schemes and manipulations? Or just accepting that answer presented to us that is easiest for us to make sense of and not question and identify with so we can feel safer and more secure by dismissing the notion that there are demons and menaces out their that can’t ever harm us if we simply don’t think about them and give life to them, even though in so doing we condemn ourselves to a circular trap in that process.

The fact that some people would for sheer fun pursue conspiracies on these boards for some sport or academia and then when the tragedy of potential conspiracy occurs they would want to abandon any such notion of one for a feel good explanation that is universally accepted by those most affected and manipulated by emotions suggests that perhaps they should stay out of the conspiracy kitchen if they can’t stand the heat of when they do potentially become real.

Any police officer investigating a crime will tell you the best time to get all the details and look at all the angles is right away, when they are fresh in people’s minds, before they are forgotten or potentially covered up by the criminally inclined.

For instance a thread appeared yesterday a week after the quake talking about the fact that the U.S. Military was actually in Haiti to conduct disaster drills the day of the quake.

That was actually a detail reported on the first day when most people were too overwrought to think about anything but the tragedy save for a few of us.

For those with critical and inquisitive minds looking for all the facts and willing to theorize and postulate about them it does not mean that they don’t grieve too, or feel sorrow or remorse for the victims of tragedies. It means that they understand that their grief, nor will their dismissal of potentially very relevant details to accept a feel good version of events serves no one well except the criminally minded and those so governed and dominated by their emotions who are subject to gross and mass manipulation by the criminally minded.

Tragedies are tragedies and conspiracies are conspiracies and a detailed look at history will often tell you that two often intersect.

For those who can’t stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen, Above Top Secret is about conspiracies and the discussion of them, if you want places to simply vent your emotions and accept what you are told by the government and media and corporations and churches there are a plethora of sites online for that.

Please stop conspiring to try to make our world less safe because you are ruled and dominated by your emotions and lack the fortitude, self discipline, and wherewithal to deal with the tough situations when the going does in fact get tough.

Thanks!

[edit on 20/1/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Empathy nowadays is always blunted by the fact that so many of us, in so many places worldwide, are worried about our own loved ones. I feel for those who are lost or have lost a loved one, but...... Survival has been shown to make the individual selfish...The " Protect my own" syndrome.

I for one have watched so many freedoms being removed and so many threats be placed to truly feel the loss of those in Haiti.

That in itself is a sad inditement I know, but if it helps my own survive whatever is coming our way, so be it.

There are too many coincidences involved in this disaster, a statement made by so many who were proved right after 9/11. I guess we realy are awakening.

Respects

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I can appreciate your sentiment but we all are going to die sometime.

You, me and everyone else reading this.

No exceptions.

Does it matter if we die in a group or alone?

The end result is the same.

Don't cry for me, I'll be glad to make the grade.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This is all truth, and you have a very valid point. However, all of these people, including you and me, ARE here NOT noticing these lives. What we're noticing is something far more valuable; truth. I'm not saying everything here is true, but there's gotta be at least something we've uncovered as a team. Therefore, deep down, none of us could care less about humans we've never known. Think about it. Would you rather save someone that you share a unsubstantial bond with, even if its something like this website, (you know we're somewhat different from the people that hate this site) or someone you have no idea who they are. No face, no name, no age, no origin, you know nothing about them. You'd same someone you know more about considering that causes you to trust them more.

Even still, your example fore the earthquake is a natural thing. Its supposed to kill people. Yeah, the numbers that were lost is too bad, but that's our fault for populating too much in small places and over populating. Maybe I'm just sick, but maybe I'm optimistic about death. What I'm saying is think of it as population control. We need that kinda thing.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by la2

I love this site, and enjoy the banter and discussions we have, but there comes a time when the conspiracies and predictions should stop, as we take a moment to contemplate.

This isnt going to be a religious speech, the earth is a fragile home to us, and as the current Haiti situation should remind us, life is short, it is precious and we should respect it when it is lost.

Once you read this and even if you dont agree with me, just take a moment to remember all the people that have lost their lives, in the earthquakes, terrorist attacks and wars that we discuss on here, because i feel sometimes we forget these losses.

Thank you for your time.

Maybe we do need a way of giving someone negative stars.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Obinhi

You're right, I was a little too forward with my post to you.

What I meant to say, and was unfounded at the time, was that people like to "migrate" elsewhere and intentionally provoke others to come along, like:

"See, they had to come here too, see what I mean, they are crazy." , except that's only after they spent some time provoking and prodding and dabbling with words to ensure they will respond. So, I've always believed if people didn't want to discuss something, or wanted to have a different discussion elsewhere, then they wouldn't spend the time to provoke. It always appears ingenuous.

But I jumped the gun with my response to you.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Step one: Understand that there are not Haitians. they are humans. National borders are imaginary. They exist on maps, but they are not etched into the earth. They are arbitrary delineations that often lead people into feelings of xenophobia and nationalism.

As for the problem of overpopulation on Haiti, please remember that Hawaii has many more people per square kilometer than Haiti. Also remember that most of the infrastructure troubles in Haiti are a direct result of irresponsible interaction from the French & the US.

I've spent a lot of time this past week debating with people who believe that the Haitians do not deserve any help from the US, and I'm getting pretty tired of it.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Reply to post by metalholic

What does it matter? Has to start somewhere.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It's sad when anyone loses their lives, but if you think about it how many people have died that were close to you over the years? We subconsciously get used to the fact that everyone will die. And for the subject of the conspiracies, people take things way too far. I haven't seen it yet but i am pretty sure someone said TPTB made the earthquake happen in the first place which is a huge accusation! But on the other hand, there are people that make lots of money off of natural disasters. And i think that's right up there with people making money from war!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

People don't care about lost lives when there is a chance to be the first to expose a supposed possible conspiracy.

I don't think so!! IMO to expose a possible conspiracy isn't like a celebrity releasing the last blockbuster movie. (Most of) People that point out dark plots are committed with the truth. They are putting their *sses in the fireline. I guess that is a way of respect with the victims made by these possible conspiracies. People that have the authority and the power in their hands, have these informations and do nothing, indeed are disrespecting these victims.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Life is indeed short in the scheme of things. Corrupt governments, greed and religion are entirely to blame for so many unnecessary deaths, and this is unfortunate. Haiti was a country that was for one well overpopulated for sustainability. Why so many orphans? irresponsibility is to blame there. I could easly believe most of the fathers and mothers were on that Island. Birth control was never issued apparently. But this is not a new problem in the world. It seems to me that things like overpopulation in areas like this will continue to be reduced by one way or another. The earth has its way of dealing with it's problems. EX: the tsunami of 06, Hurricane Katrina, and this Haitian earthquake. As a lightning strike in an overgrown mountain side clears the way for new and fresh growth by fire, this is just part of the process. No sadness required..

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

I wasn't. I was too busy thinking of the poor and homeless living in disgusting conditions in the USA.

Nearly a million homeless in US. www.msnbc.msn.com... This was taken at the peak of our economic boom. How many are homeless now?

Haiti has a population of 10 mil, with a million homeless SINCE the earthquake!news.bbc.co.uk...

Per capita they have more homeless, but we still have a million homeless people of our own to help, feed, and clothe. Where is the gov't aide for them?

[edit on (1/20/10) by gnosis111]

[edit on (1/20/10) by gnosis111]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Remembering and respecting are two different things entirely, so I don't really know where you're going here.

I sympathize with those people who have suffered loss.

I respect those that earn it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join