It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is armed struggle necessary to gain Freedom?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Is armed struggle necessary to gain freedom?

Answer: Only in so much as those who would take your freedom away are willing to engage in armed struggle to do so; rest assured they are. Some may argue that no one is taking our freedoms away at gun point, but they'd be wrong. There is a documented history of false flag attacks being used to sway the American people to support otherwise unjustifiable war efforts and the ensuing fear mongering used to coerce us into give up our freedom for safety. This is tantamount to taking them by force, and our government is armed.

Once people realize that their freedoms are being subverted in this manner and the final call comes to surrender all arms, that is when you will see what people are willing to do go keep their freedom. Gun laws do not target criminals, they target citizens who exercise their right to bear arms for any number of reasons protected by the law. Gun laws will eventually be formulated to strip away the last remaining buffer between freedom and tyranny, and if that law is passed, I can't imagine there not being an armed revolution in this country.

-B

[edit on 20-1-2010 by belowcommonknowledge]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I don't think that armed struggle is 100% necessary to gain freedom.

However, I am a strong believer that the threat of armed struggle can play a significant factor in the overall balance between a dictatorship and a true democracy.

The US has balanced on this teeter-totter for the duration of it's entire existence and, each new administration, the balance swings this-way-or-that.

The current administration finds many of of us stocking-up on guns, ammunition, cleaning supplies, and spare parts. Don't believe me? Check out both availabilty and prices of common ammunition today versus two years ago. And that's not even including the prices/availabilty of the same guns today.

Why, you ask? Because so many Americans feel that their rights as, supposedly, represented citizens are being systematically infringed upon and reduced. Too bad so many others are ignorant to the losses of freedom they are dealt each day.

In short, the people and their right to bear arms, play a significant role [in ANY society] to balancing government and the basic freedoms of the people.

Short Story: You reap what you sow.

<< 1  2   >>

join