It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lay off clinton!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venus
"I DID NOT HAVE SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH THAT WOMAN"

Now....was that the TRUTH........NO!
[Edited on 5/26/2004 by Venus]

Uh...can you name a president that never lied...NO!

btw...I never said he was truthful in that case or at all, my point was that his affair was nobodys business but the people involved, and people should respect him for the stuff he accomplished. Did you even read the starter post?

[Edited on 5-26-2004 by theshadowknows]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire

Originally posted by intrepid
Let me see, he was a president, he lied........ I'm not getting the picture, THEY ALL LIE! Lying makes a president bad. You haven't had a good one then. EVER.

I agree with intrepid, although he did have a nice smile

AND A "PENIS" AS CROOKED AS HE WAS

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
why in gods name is curme trying to play moderator here?

clinton is/was a politician. a lying politician at that which is not exactly a special breed of politician but rather a common run of the mill politician.

trying to question someone's sources knowing full well he lied about this that and the other thing is pretty pointless.

its like throwing a stone in a river and expecting it to be dammed. while you're trying to throw a rock into the river, the torrent of facts goes right past you...

clinton is/was a politician. he lied, polticians lie. he wasnt special.

get it in your head already.

at this point anything mentioned about clinton is pretty much on record in some way shape or form, put into a history book somewhere and dredging it up is like beating a dead horse as far as i'm concerned.

but if someone wants to live a delusional life and think clinton was great perfect and did no wrong and questioning someone's source helps them justify this delusional thinking then more power to them.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows

George Washington

(ok...that was lame but I answered the question in less then 30 seconds......"I cannot tell a lie....I did chop down the cherry tree"....LOL)

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

George Washington

lol Though I've agreed with you on this thread up to now, I do have to say that that is extreamly unlikely.

I would like to pose this question, though:

What president has lied under oath in court durring his term?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

George Washington

oh please, is that the best you could do, the father of our country, thats pathetic.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
why in gods name is curme trying to play moderator here?

What? I was just curious where it came from, so I could read it. I'm funny that way when it comes to information. It helps to get a full understanding things.

EDIT: I didn't mean anything against you Venus, I just like to know these things.

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by curme]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
curme this stuff is common knowledge...where have you been? in a cave? under a rock?

i wasnt aware that you didnt know clinton lied under oath. i wasnt aware you didnt know clinton wasnt perfect and did bad things.

you lead a very sheltered life apparently.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Originally posted by mrmulder
I agree! Aside from the Monica Lewinsky scandal he did a real good job as President. The economy was doing really well. He seemed concerened about the Roswell even in 1947. He's much better than Bush IMO. And don't blame Clinton for the 9/11 attacks. Balme Bush.

Why's that? Because Bush slashed military, FBI, and CIA funding before he was president?

I'm not saying Clinton was the perfect President. He did lie under oath. That's true but all I'm saying is he did a better job then what Bush is doing now.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Damn Venus, why did you make me read all that? We already determined that all politicians lie. We are talking about lying under oath, which is JJ's bugaboo. And that was about his deallings with Monica. None of anyones business. Period.

Now JJ, you are saying that they only got this on him because that was all Lott would allow? So it's Bill's fault that they only got this useless charge on him? As far as you're concerned he's damned either way. Man, if the average American voter thought like that, and I'm not saying they do, you would be better off not voting, you might elect a Hoover, and, yes, I'm talking about a vacuum cleaner. Wouldn't that suck.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

People need to respect clinton for the things he accomplished during his presidency, like The Brady Bill, welfare reform, a balanced budget, and the North American Free Trade Agreement.

The Brady Bill. More than not it's crap, to be honest. The good part of it comes from the ban to sell gun, ammo, and the like to minors. The bad part is that it does nothing to curtail crime in the slightest because it limits inane things, such as flash suppressors (can't tell you how many people have been killed by those), folding stocks, and magazine limitations (in most cases no more than 5 rounds).

Guns are to kill people, and to hunt. We need them for both purposes.

NAFTA - BOY what a flop that was. I honestly don't think it created one single job (I've looked and can't find anything. If you have more info, pass it on). As a matter of fact, it seems that a good number of companies have moved to Mexico and also created a trade dependancy (much like the current Chinese one, I think also attributed to Clinton) with Mexico.

I don't think he was that great, but I don't think he was terrible either. As for the economy, I don't think you can lay that at the feet of one man good or bad.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
curme this stuff is common knowledge...where have you been? in a cave? under a rock?

i wasnt aware that you didnt know clinton lied under oath. i wasnt aware you didnt know clinton wasnt perfect and did bad things.

you lead a very sheltered life apparently.

Yes, I know he lied Prank Monkey, and he wasn't perfect and did bad things. I just like to check the source of all the information I read. Just a habit of mine.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Give it up Venus. You are dealing with Clintonites here.
If Clinton was to walk into their homes and smoke their weed,drink there booze and sleep with their wives/girlfriends, then denied it. They would just go "oh...ok....must of been Bush".

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
And that was about his deallings with Monica. None of anyones business. Period.

So in a sexual harrassment or rape trial, any sexual things shouldn't be discussed because they're not anyone's business? There can't be character witnesses in court?

Now JJ, you are saying that they only got this on him because that was all Lott would allow? So it's Bill's fault that they only got this useless charge on him?

I don't really understand how the Senate Majority Leader, republican Trent Lott banning some evidence makes something Bill's fault...I'd say it was Trent Lott's fault.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
Give it up Venus. You are dealing with Clintonites here.
If Clinton was to walk into their homes and smoke their weed,drink there booze and sleep with their wives/girlfriends, then denied it. They would just go "oh...ok....must of been Bush".

This wouldn't happen. I wouldn't let Bush in my house, so I would know it wasn't him.
I'd party with Bill, have to bring his own though.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Yes, I know he lied Prank Monkey, and he wasn't perfect and did bad things. I just like to check the source of all the information I read. Just a habit of mine.

then whats the point? if you already know these things are true...nevermind. i know why you do this...i just thought i'd point it out for everyone else to see.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
So by your logic, if an elementary teacher does a good job in the classroom but is caught in a lewd act, that should have no bearing on his job - right?

Sorry, but I must disagree there. The President of the US should be held to a higher standard. His lack of discipline in keeping his unit in his pants looked very bad for ol' Uncle Sam. By the way, when you hold PUBLIC OFFICE, it IS everyone's business!

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by natas]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Sorry, I'm all for the freedoms you espouse but that is over the line.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Couldn't Clinton have taken executive priviledge to have avoided the whole mess to start with ?

The fact that he agreed to testify in a damn civil case while he was president was amirable on his part I think...

Hell Bushs cabinet Rice took executive priviledge to avoid testifying too only the back lash from it caused them all to rethink that one haha

Clinton was a damn good president A Rhode Scholar he was intelligent and truely had the best interests of this country at heart.

I hope he rules again through his wife Hilary... she's a pretty savy lady too...

Remember Bush refuses to even discuss his drug problems saying its history and not relevent... Lets nail Bush to the cross for his past life mistakes if we're gonna do it to Clinton too...

Clinton didn't offend me by lieing as a matter of fact I'm glad he did... only problem was that the dumb ass republican congress who wanted him out because he was maken them look bad blew it all out of proportioin
Paleasseeeeeee people if you want to talk about lies.... When Cliinton lied not one american soldier was killed... How many are dead now as result of Bush's lies about WMD ? Lets put this in context shall we...

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
You're...glad Clinton lied?! :shk:

As for him making the republican congress look bad...You did notice that congress changed from dem to rep 6 years into Clintons term of presidency...Right? Obviously the people disagreed that he was doing a great job...

As for the number of people killed by his lies....Well, a new piece of evidence showing he committed a felony comes out, and he bombs another nation.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join