It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plans to ethnically cleanse ATS by the Admin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmericanI am very interested to hear other opinions.

Please note that I only agreed with Tyler "in a way" & then *specified* in what way...The way I *did* specifiy is a good, logical way that would increase the quality of posts.

I hope, Proud American, that you don't consider my own definition of "raving lunatic posters" to include you simply for being a newer member. I don't recall seeing any of your posts getting irrelevant (The one exception to "irrelevancy" would be in the Chit Chat forum, where irrevelancy is not only tolerated, but seems to be the norm...Because that's the purpose of the topic itself
). However, the "oldies" here have seen much, much worse than Tyler with their "troll-like" attitudes, as William One Sac indicates.

However, personally I can take Tyler with a grain of salt...Conspiracy theory & research tends to be a subject that breeds cynicism & perhaps even some bitterness in people...I *do* take that into account. Granted, I've shown those traits occasionally myself in my posts, even though I try my best to either keep it toned down or try to add a touch of sarcasm to it.

Compared to *some* posters I've seen, Tyler has toned down that attitude quite a bit since he got back from being banned before...Tyler's been back from his "timeout" even before the "Take Back ATS Campaign" started & I for one am glad that he decided to come back. Attitude aside, he comes up with quite a bit that keeps me thinking & questioning some commonly-held perceptions. Tyler doesn't flame people at random as if it were a hobby...Those people are normally referred to as "Net Trolls" & are the type to get banned quite quickly.

[Edited on 8-3-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 02:48 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 04:07 AM
link   
For the "troll-like" attitudes i've described...Deliberately antagonistic, but without an overabundence of profanity.

[Edited on 8-3-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 04:29 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 05:35 AM
link   
In short; YES...

If you constantly post irritating messages, useless comments and attack people, insteas of idea's, YES you will be banned perminantly...

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I figured this website was a constitution driven free forum, but I guess it isn't real enough to face reality. That's quite sad. Still I understand the need to boot off those who do nothing but cause trouble. There is a difference between expressing one's self and inciting hatred, or constantly being a menace to others. So I support this effort. Just don't lose perspective of what is wrong and what is just offensive. Please, make that distinction a distinction. You See?????

[Edited on 9-3-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abraham Virtue

Just, exactly why did Tyler get banned???????

Tyler was provocated by bloodsucking moderators.
When he attempted to defend himself, vuala, he was a "no more"

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
c'mon, be honest Tyler.

btw Tyler, your is 10 pixels too wide.

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 06:58 AM
link   
dont you think i could get some allowance for being mistreated in the past?

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'm glad to see that you haven't lost your sense of humor over the whole schmeer Tyler...
...But then again, I believe that a person who is incapable of laughing at himself has no call to be laughing at others either...

BTW, why do you think you deserve to have an "allowance" for misbehaving in the first place? Would you give your own child a candy bar for being a snot-nosed brat (Presuming, of course, that you aren't *intentionally* raising him/her that way in the first place)?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join