It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plans to ethnically cleanse ATS by the Admin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I see that you admin.'s don't like the way some of us use the ATS forum. Ok then get rid of the peasants and make ATS elite just for you intellectuals. William you are quick to ban good people from ATS but you allow petty snipes about the way people spell and write go unchecked, God forbid if you make a mistake with your punctuation's because you will get slagged down rotten by the more intellectuals on this site. When someone puts something on the forum that may be a bit out of date or if by mistake they jump to conclusions about a news article and get a few fact wrong then you all jump down their throats and rip their hearts out. I have been coming to ATS right from the early days and it's been a great little community. But now it's becoming a site for the intellectual Elite. I'm sorry Simon but since you let certain admin.'s run thing it's all going down hill fast. I'm Reluctantly thinking of leaving this splendid community and will try to find a fairer place to go where the Elitists don't harass you because you're not as good as them. You were fair and very helpful Simon when you were running things, but some of the ass holes you have running things now are just too much. Time to move on to pastures greener for me.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   
So I can assume your position has changed since your post at the end of this thread:
xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I think its time to put an end to the William abuse here.
Wiliam has done an awesome job on the site, we agreed as a group to start to tidy up the posting and it has shown fruit in recent weeks.

ATS has evolved significantly from the small group of people who were here initially to a major messagebaord, as a result we need to take care with the quality of the posters.

We are thinking of a "take bak the gramma and speling"campaign soon, and clive you will be top of our watch list.

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Up until now I have stayed out these arguements.But I'am having a hard understanding why a lot of people are getting pissed.William and Bob88 have done a good job keeping this board together.When it goes down,they bust their butts get it the board back up.When people get to abusive they warn them,and if continues they ban them.It is not Williams or the Mod's fault some people can't read or abide by the rules that have laid down.When you register there is a list you are suppose follow.It's pretty basic,you do not to be a rocket scientist to figure them out.As far as I'm concerned if your banned or your post's are edited its your own fault.
Take heart William and Bobb88 some of us are glad you are taking control of the board,and not letting get into one big bashing session.

Thank You

[Edited on 02/18/03 by nyeff]

[Edited on 02/18/03 by nyeff]

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
"Plans to ethnically cleanse ATS by the Admin"

Ummm...Ethnically cleanse?
does this mean that we'll all be forced into a single display theme with a standard screen color? If the whole forum board displays as a single color, it'll make reading & posting pretty near impossible...

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
To ethnically cleanse would indicate that the admin/mods have some clue as to an individuals ethnic background.... well, they may well have such a clue... for my part, I dont, not any solid information on any specific individuals, and better yet I REALLY DONT CARE!

I really have yet to see any evidence of any kind of racism on the board yet.... however, if I do, I wont be on this board anymore...

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Then you haven't read much of Illmatic67's postings lately, have you?...

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Then you haven't read much of Illmatic67's postings lately, have you?... Posted by MidnightDStroyer

Oh yes, I have, and been having a very interesting debate in the process.... I however am hoping he is an isolated irritant, as I havent seen any other flaming posts of that type...

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I know you've seen his posts...I've read them & even posted a reply there myself (In the poll about the Draft). I was using a bit of (possibly misplaced) sarcasm.

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Why would we want to "ethnically" cleanse this place? That makes no sense.

The intention was to stop the insults and flames and to set about the business of getting to the truth in a rational and even-tempered manner. It seems this is not what some want.

William did an outstanding job, but it seems that there are more people who feel the need for some self-discipline outnumber those who do. What a shame, and what an insight into the state of society.

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I was just questioning Clive's use of the word "ethnically"...I didn't mean to imply that the Admins/Mods would actually do so under his "authority" as a mere member.

Anyway, a *real* intellectual wouldn't address subjects in an "ethnic" manner anyway...The intellect has nothing to do with genetic ancestry; Unless, of course, that person's genetic ancestry happens to contain a high risk of Down's Syndrome...

[Edited on 3-3-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Clive, your response?

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Apparently he is off to soil greener pastures.

I'll bet he's back to ensure the grass is brown here within a couple of days.

They always come back.

There is no escape from ATS.

No one ever, ever gets out.

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 06:19 AM
link   
That's right TC. You can check out any time you would like - but you can never leave.

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hotel ATS....

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Heh! Even if I asked to have my member's registration deleted here, I doubt very seriously if I could resist coming back, even if merely to read...

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
I think its time to put an end to the William abuse here.
Wiliam has done an awesome job on the site, we agreed as a group to start to tidy up the posting and it has shown fruit in recent weeks.

Lets see, pacman doesn't post anymore, Mahabon aka wisdom left, so did Krono, so did mobxicon and everybody else who actually made this site with their excellent posts.

If you look at any sections now all you see some madmen raving about random #e and the rest ... simply links to other news site. Reading ATS became somewhat like eating horseradish with popcorn.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyler If you look at any sections now all you see some madmen raving about random #e and the rest ... simply links to other news site.

In a way, I agree...I'd rather see someone post their opinion or make a point as well as provide their links.

Originally posted by Tyler Reading ATS became somewhat like eating horseradish with popcorn.

IMO, it's more like combining chili-peppered ice cream & soured mayonaise...

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I am a new member to this site, and on behalf of many new members would like to apologize to Tyler for ruining his message board. Apparently we are responsible for driving away the superior posters that he mentioned. And supposedly we are madmen raving about random #. These accusations dont surprise me as every one of his posts have a negative tone. Maybe he could request that us new members be banned and close further membership requests. Sorry that our posts don't live up to your standards Mr. Tyler, sir. I would be interested to hear the opinions of some longer standing members and even the admin and mods regarding the posts of some of the newer members. I really have come to enjoy reading these posts and chipping in my 2 cents, but if Tyler's views are shared by other members who are considered "senior members", then I will gladly resign my membership. I am very interested to hear other opinions.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I would hate to see you leave PA, and the truth is, I would hate to see many of the newer posters leave. There are many quality "newbies" who have joined the board recently, and as far as people who have eccentric ideas or theories, I have no problem with that, as long as they do not become abusive if those ideas are challenged.

There has though been a problem with certain members who's sole purpose it seems is to flame and cause confrontation at every turn. It is the reason why we began the Take Back ATS campaign, which is another matter entirely. However, the problems that caused us to go forth with it are the real reasons I believe that some of the people Tyler mentioned left.

As far as posts that are links to stories, I admit that I am guilty in that a large number of my posts contain references. The reasons for this are many. Mainly though, I have my own web site and message board that I maintain on a daily basis, also when I come here I try and read as many posts as I can, for the purpose of moderation. It also helps the credibility of the site when you reference a story, and also who you reference to.

Ask anyone about the credibility of such sources (websites) such as Rense and Pravda. It is their willingness to publish ANYTHING that has cost them much of their credibility to any even semi-serious researcher.

<<   2 >>

join