It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S.Korea think-tank: N.Korea's Kim close to death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

rawstory.com

Published: Wednesday January 20, 2010

North Korea's ailing leader Kim Jong-Il may die in two or three years and this could spark upheavals such as a coup, mass unrest or massacres in the communist nation, a South Korean state think-tank says.

In a rare report forecasting possible regime collapse in the North, the Korea Institute for National Unification (KINU) also warned that such internal unrest could prompt the North to start a limited war on the Korean peninsula.

KINU's "Study on Unification" was released this week, days after Pyongyang reacted angrily to reports of a separate Seoul government contingency plan to handle unrest in the North.

"There is a high possibility that Kim Jong-Il may not exist in the North by 2012," KINU said in its report.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Ok have to ask , what do they know that we don't ?

We have all herd rumors of Kim's demise and questions asking if he was replaced by a double . But to make a statement like "There is a high possibility that Kim Jong-Il may not exist in the North by 2012," leads me to believe they are working on more then just rumors .

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
The last picture i saw Kim in he looked awful.But who will take over is a great question.If his son will there be thaw in relations or same ole same ole?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
There's a lot of reports that Kim Jong Il is quietly transferring power to his youngest son. Most likely his youngest son will succeed him because he's his father's favorite. North Korean's don't discuss the Health of their leader because it might start rumors that Kim Jong Il is week. Hopefully South Korea will learn from history and influence the people in North Korea to not fight a pointless war.
If North Korea goes up in flames in the coming years.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Here's a video the Discovery Channel did a few years back. It gives good detail about what's going in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea. www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
From the OP:

North Korea's ailing leader Kim Jong-Il may die in two or three years and this could spark upheavals such as a coup, mass unrest or massacres in the communist nation, a South Korean state think-tank says.

I disagree with this assesment.
Remember when lil Kim's dad died-there was an unbelievable(from western perspective at least)outpouring of grief by the people of NK,right across the country people were crying their eyes out in the streets and passing out etc,due to the fact their great leader had passed away.

Now THATS brainwashing.Which the NK government are masterful at to this day.When Lil kimmy dies,I predict the same deal-no coup attempt,or rioting or unrest will happen IMO.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
From the OP:

I disagree with this assesment.
Remember when lil Kim's dad died-there was an unbelievable(from western perspective at least)outpouring of grief by the people of NK,right across the country people were crying their eyes out in the streets and passing out etc,due to the fact their great leader had passed away.

Now THATS brainwashing.Which the NK government are masterful at to this day.When Lil kimmy dies,I predict the same deal-no coup attempt,or rioting or unrest will happen IMO.

Agreed! I seen videos of Kim Il Sung's funeral. The people were in tears like a sea of agonizing distress. And when His son passes away it'll be the same. Maybe even on a bigger scale.

P.S I believe Kim Jong Il is already been preparing a successor for his death soon. Except to hear North Korea rampaging more propaganda. All of his Children are most likely molded to become the leader of North Korea.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

new topics

top topics

join