It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama 0 and 3! Keep on stumping.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well, Obama is 0 and 3 in his last three attempts at stumping for Demoncratic candidates. I hope this trend continues, keep on stumping. I wonder if they are getting the hint yet.......people are over this and him already. So, who does he shoot down next?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Ahh the insidious taint of Obama Brand Stumping. Fourth times a charm I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Edit: DP

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Moonsouljah]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Don't forget he didn't get the Olympics too.

The Scott Brown win is a few blows to the Dems. The most unfortunate thing about the whole thing is that its just another Republican.

It doesn't matter what color the kool-aid is when you are still drinking it.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I don't understand why people trust either democrat or republican. Vote in 3rd party candidates. Bush was horrible, now Obama is horrible, wake up and stop voting in candidates who are statists.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
obama sucks and any thing he touches turns to poo!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

True. But the thing is and I've said it before. Now isn't the time for a third party. To me the goal now is damage control. Fence BO in so he can't do any more damage, give a very firm warning to the Repubs pull the same stunt you did before and we WILL vote you out like the Dems and get a third party in.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Why give them another chance to pull another stunt. Both parties have screwed us now, Republican and Democratic. Enough of these BS false paradigm games, we need representatives who represent the people not Red party or Blue party. The current 2-Party system does nothing but favor statists, when I would imagine most people are against increasing government influence over our personal lives. Republicrats no longer represent anyone but corporate interests and the police state.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Canis Lupus

Trouble is, you try with a third party now, it'll help the dems more then hurt them. You'll be dividing votes between Rep an the third party and that could be the deciding factor on the Dems hold their post and getting them out. The republicans I think'll have recieved our message loud an clear, screw with us and see what the American people can do.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Exactly!

How long before obama's picture ends up next to the word "loser" in the dictionary?

Stop the presses!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

True. But the thing is and I've said it before. Now isn't the time for a third party. To me the goal now is damage control. Fence BO in so he can't do any more damage, give a very firm warning to the Repubs pull the same stunt you did before and we WILL vote you out like the Dems and get a third party in.

So.... yay status quo?

Trouble is, you try with a third party now, it'll help the dems more then hurt them. You'll be dividing votes between Rep an the third party and that could be the deciding factor on the Dems hold their post and getting them out. The republicans I think'll have recieved our message loud an clear, screw with us and see what the American people can do.

The Republicants (the 'a' is supposed to be a 'u') are as much to blame for the poor policy we have as the Demoncraps. I am sick of the utterly ridiculous notion that the 'other' side can solve the problems. And to say that we can at least slow the progress of government intrusion is giving up.
The Republicans are as much fascist as the democrats. They just have better pro-market rhetoric. Rhetoric is all it is.

The only Republican with a hint of a clue about free markets is Ron Paul, and with the direction we are going, he is not a threat to the powers that be. In fact, Ron Paul's ideas seem to be getting hijacked by populist, egalitarian causes. Neo-conservatives like Glenn Beck are even calling themselves libertarian. What a joke.

Edit: Scott Brown has a hot daughter... Wow

[edit on 19-1-2010 by DINSTAAR]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I don't know, maybe I didn't word it right. Right now my main concern is to fence obama in to prevent him from doing anymore damage. Can we agree on that?
Okey, lets say we leave the Rep's out of this how many third party candidates are we going to put on the ballot against a dem? Two? three, four? You get two many names on a ballot it'll only help the dems. Right now, I'm not willing to risk the dems staying in power because the votes on our side were spread to thin.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

I don't know, maybe I didn't word it right. Right now my main concern is to fence obama in to prevent him from doing anymore damage. Can we agree on that?
Okey, lets say we leave the Rep's out of this how many third party candidates are we going to put on the ballot against a dem? Two? three, four? You get two many names on a ballot it'll only help the dems. Right now, I'm not willing to risk the dems staying in power because the votes on our side were spread to thin.

There is several 3rd party tickets going on in state legislatures.It will take time for them to go national there just starting out .The democrats will loose the elections this year its going to hurt bad.But here comes the problem the republicans will want pay back for being shut out. So again they will start passing bills excluding the dems and the cycle continues.

This pattern will not be broken until we have a 3rd party candidate win the presidency. This will not happen until a balance is restored in congress.it will at least be another 4 to 6 yrs before that balance is restored because like a pendulum it swung to the far right the back to the far left and its going again swing to the right just not quite as far this time.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Geesh... A win in Mass. and all of a sudden it's a Paradigm change. D.C. is D.C. and politicians are still politicians. Left/Right, Dem./Rep. we've seen countless examples of what that gets us. Why [all of a sudden] the rally to "party" affiliation?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I can't disagree with what you've said. I want a clean "house" vote all setting republicans out an vote in new. Then once the third party can get a sold base then we can get back on track.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hey, it is what it is, a huge wakeup call.
People can sugar coat it all they want but like it or not the message has been sent crystal clear.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I looked, and I am rather surprised that nobody has started a thread about the treacherous Scott Brown. He just went with the Demoncrats on the Job Bill, he and a few other Rebumblicans. They are actually 'Progressive' and anti-American. Just a little word of caution here; this is America, and we do NOT threaten or assassinate traitors. We vote them out of office! Like, as in, RECALL. He could have the shortest term in office if they get right on it. Vote the bum out! Who KNOWS what it will do re the 'New' BO Health Bill, the one that combines the worst of both previous bills, and makes a new super screw bill. If you people in his district do not recall imediately, you will punish America with your inaction. Lets' get with it, people!

[edit on 24-2-2010 by Gregarious]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

You have to understand that there are a few Anti Obama shills on this board. They can't stand Obama no matter what he has done. They would rather elect some Republican for office than fix what is wrong with the country.

They obediently tow the party line, never bothering to take off the blinders and see the stupidity in their own party.

Hopefully, Americans will see through the partisan political crap and stop voting in people with party affiliations. Republican, or Democrat, and I hope that most people see the TPM for what it is, a GOP branch bringing in the independent voter for the slaughter.

new topics

top topics

join