It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza flooded after Israel opens dam gates

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain

So what were you saying again "Israel by default is becoming the homeland for the persecuted Christians of the region"

PS: Forgot to add humanity haters are humanity haters.

I just hate Muslim apologist distortionists who cherry pick non-representative and biased pseudo-information from their favourite hate sources and try to pass them off as news.

They can never ever find anything wrong happening in the Muslim world that is the fault of Muslims themselves. But if an Israeli blows his nose there is full documentation and an analysis.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

Our leadership is crap also. We don't go to news sources sympathetic to terrorists for our news about our government though.

I don't think its any mystery here that many posters are closet anti-semites and some not so closeted. Many hate all Jews and lie by saying it just the Zionists while secretly thinking, they are all Zionists.

This whole thing over there is a huge mess that's often misrepresented. Yes the Israeli Government does messed up stuff but that does not change the fact the Palestinians are in such a mess that none of their Arab neighbors want anything to do with them either. Who wants people around that lob missiles at civilian targets when they want something? Egypt does not want them, Jordan does not want them, nobody wants them.

I think everyone needs to accept whatever difficulties they have are self-inflicted by both sides. Both sides share the guilt. We should just ignore them and let them work out their own crap.

Its hardly a secret that Hamas, Hezbolah and all the other psuedo-terrorist groups goal is the complete annihilation of the Jewish People. They don't want fair treatment. They want the Jews dead.

You can't take a side in this without being either a Jew Hater or a Palestinian Hater. Both sides are in the wrong here. Why are people not saying this? Because they want to hate whichever side they speak out against. They even want the propaganda and lies to be true.

My take on this is, its just the propaganda machines from both sides, doing what they do best. Lying.

The real story is likely -

The danger of flooding was real. They had no choice but to open the floodgates to keep the dam from breaching. Somewhere in the chain of command it was decided to not tell them just to be mean. I doubt the Israeli Government even knew about it other than in passing.

Think about it for a moment-

Scenario 1 - You are the one who makes the decision when to open the flood gates. Your Aunt Tilly was blown up by a Palestinian Suicide Bomber in a market. Do you allert the Palestinians or just open the gates?

Scenario 2- You are a Palestinian Authority. You just got a call from from the Israeli's alerting you that the dam is about to breach and floodgates will be opened shortly. You think should I put out the alert or should I pretend I never got it and get a hold of my friends at a friendly propaganda site and make the Israeli's look bad.

Either one is possible. Both sides are propaganda machines.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Bad for Muslim apologists I guess wherever they are. What about the discrimination of Israeli policies? Now that your balloon of air is fused that persecuted Christians goto Israel and how Israel treats Arabs, anything further to add on the subject? Any Israeli Govt. policies (cherry picked)which shows everyone is treated equally? Oh but wait..didn't Israeli Govt. just proposed Torah..then how will they treat everyone equally? It would be against Torah to treat goyim as equals.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
all i have to say is that jesus christ is a reality and he is coming back... whether the other guy existed 2000 years ago or not, we will have another jesus... and he will kill, not to save me, not to save you, and not to save the christians or the muslims or the so called people of god... but hes coming to save the air, the tress, the water, and the animals... and who ever wants to live will have to roll with him...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoamC
reply to post by bigyin

Gaza sent nothing anywhere.
Neither did any other country surrounding Israel.
Why don't you face it, and adopt a new way of thinking today? your'e so hammered into putting down Israel.
dude, reality is like this: Israel sent help to Haiti. Gaza, Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan DID NOT send help to Haiti.

Who would you prefer as a friend?

Why did you put me on your foe list ?

Is it because you have been thoroughly exposed as a liar ?

Putting me on a foe list does not change the facts.

Why not accept you were wrong and admit it .... or are you still standing by this hate crap ?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by mpriebe81

The real story is likely -

The danger of flooding was real. They had no choice but to open the floodgates to keep the dam from breaching. Somewhere in the chain of command it was decided to not tell them just to be mean. I doubt the Israeli Government even knew about it other than in passing.

Well said.

There is so much propaganda swilling around from both sides that it's hard to tell what's going on out there.

The problem with the situation is that Israel was created around a huge international ambiguity that was, lets face it, extremely unethical by today's standards. It's no surprise its existence stirs so much hatred amongst those living at the short end of its stick.

I believe Israel will continue in a systematic campaign to eradicate Gaza, by whatever means, accidental/complacent or deliberate. The Zionist mind believes that for two thousand years they have eaten dirt and now for the first time in their history they have the opportunity to permanently peg their stick in the earth. And they will not stop until they are satiated with enough territory. That is the reality.

They execute this ideal in a pretty inhumane manner, that cannot be denied, but does their inhumanity span the end of the spectrum? I think not. Israel is no Darfur, no North Korea, no Burma. But they are pretty uncool, despite many humanitarian efforts elsewhere, like the aforementioned Haiti.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

Here's an idea, move out of Gaza.
Move to Jordan, Egypt, move to Syria or Turkey.
Move, you live in a slum that floods and where bombs go off. Move.

NO!

Because that is the plan. 'They' want the Palestians to move out, one way or another out of this so called 'Holy Land' that is anything but holy.

The property is beautiful but it is one of the bloodiest properties on Earth with a bloody history of crusading Christian and Zionist forces who demanded control of the land, and control of the people's religion.

These brutal Christian (cough) knights who did the dirty work for the master controllers fought anybody who was not like them. Pagans. Muslims. Jews, even other Christians, and especially the enemies of the pope.

Everybody is a victim. Muslims, Jews, Christians, those who worship nothing or anything, anybody but those who worship the pope.

The battle continues to this day. The Crusades did not end in the 1400s.

There are crusaders in Iraq, in Afghanistan. The targets are the 'inconvenient natives' of the area who are standing in the way of some Manifest Destiny.

Look at the Palestian Authority terrorities thinning out month after month.

The Hamas-led Gazans have proven to be too subborn. They live their lives with humanity but in desolation, in this world's biggest open-air prison, yet their desire for life have not faltered.

We will not vacate our land. I pray that they send that message. 'We will not leave.'

[edit on 20-1-2010 by star in a jar]

[edit on 20-1-2010 by star in a jar]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
as far as im concerned, israel should be wiped off the map. the world will be a more peacefull place when they are gone.

How about we start with your family and friends first?

Not so funny when its your ass and life involved now is it? If thats what you want then march your candy ass down to Israel and tell them how you feel. I'm sure the IDF would be happy to show you how nice your Arab brothers are.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me. These threads are like car accidents, i have to watch them. Rarely do i post, but you know, occasionally i do.

That said, i have nothing to say about the Palestinian/Israeli situation. Israeli warmongers suck, Palestinian war mongers suck. Sure, Hamas are freedom fighters, whatever. Its all relative. i empathize. i also know that were i in the business of taking over countries, once im there im there. and if some little upstart faction of the defeated peoples decideds they want to challenge me for my land i bought with blood, well, its time to pay a little more blood.

Humans have issues, and these threads point out these issues. Supposedly civil people, and a whole lot of uncivil people, going back and forth, calling names, dropping the DA label. Its all absurd.

My solution? Who gives a rats ass. Us sitting here shooting off at the mouth, insulting each other, whats the point. IT WILL NOT CHANGE.
Nothing will change, it is what it is. This is one of those situations, where the logical outcome is the realization that Palestinians and Israelis are insane.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again with the expectation of having a different outcome.

Perfect explanation.

Israel, they'll get theirs eventually. Now, tomorrow, next wekk, 250 yrs from now, whatever whenever. Thats the way the universe works. Palestinians will get theirs as well. Those who didnt jump every chance to kill the opposing (and in some cases, the same) side, well, they'll have something good to look forward to.

If you really want to solve this problem, and you want it done immediately, theres only one solution. Total Genocide. 50 million people wiped out, i dont know how, but im sure the logistics are a bitch to pull off.

(that 50 million includes Israelis as well)

Palestinians whine too damn much, Israelis are not that empathetic. Whatever, thats their issue. Maybe we can send Doc Phil over for some group therapy.

Love and Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
as far as im concerned, israel should be wiped off the map. the world will be a more peacefull place when they are gone.

At least your honest. You want everyone in Israel dead.

The lie in this though is that you justify the slaughter of an entire country by saying it will make the world more peaceful.

You and those who starred your post are the problem. No discussion. No compromise. Just kill whoever you don't agree with. You want everything your way and only your way even if it means destroying others.

You assume that every citizen in Israel is responsible for the actions of a few in their government and agrees with those decisions. You hate everyone who lives there simply because they were born Jews. Your not fooling anyone, not even yourself.

Your even willing to overlook the atrocities committed by the Palestinians as if they had committed none. You close your eyes to the fact both sides are acting badly, or more properly I should say the leadership on both sides. Your even willing to overlook people lobbing missiles indiscriminately into civilian neighborhoods.

Were you perhaps scared by a Rabi as a child? Jewish people are nothing like they are represented by the haters. That's why the haters have to fabricate things and lie so much, even to themselves.

A rational wish would be that they work out a compromise and learn to live together in peace. What you say is not rational and exposes your true agenda.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by M157yD4wn

Sometimes it's impossible to watch these "car accidents" and not type a few words just to keep sane in your own mind.

It's definitely impossible to understand why everyones goal would not be a peaceful outcome where everyone wins.

The simple truth is one religion purposefully built one of its holiest places directly on top of another religions holy place, to cause exactly what is happening now.

As if a building or a speck of land could be holy in the first place.

That's my candy dammit, I dropped it and you can not have it!!!!!!!! How many have died over just that?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flakey

Originally posted by Happyfeet

If this had been an Islamic state flooding a nation of primarily Jews, we would be hearing about the second holocaust.

Flakey? If the shoe fits...They are firing a continuous rocket barrage on Israel, not squirt guns. The camel jockeys all HATE Palestinians, but they hate Israel worse. You DON'T hear anything about the Muslims murdering Israelis. THAT is the fact. These Muslims sit around smoking their big water pipes, discussing how they can create new lies from current news, to disparage Israel or America. In fact, I would like to catch a photo of our Kenyan in Chief sitting with them around one of those pipes, thinking up new lies to hurt us. Can you try a sitting President for treason?

Indeed. If a Palestinian had so much as fired a squirt gun in the general direction of Israel the IDF would be deployed. Who cares? Well I do for one.
Israel is going to exterminate everyone in Gaza. If all I can do is sit here in the US and watch from my warm house on a full belly the least I can do is watch and know that it was wrong.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

If you hate the Jews, then you hate Jesus and God too.

You fools, I dread being in your shoes when you die if you think like thaat!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Yeah...

There's actually no credible source that supports this flooding is a result of Israel opening some flood gates.

While there is credible scources indicating the flooding is a result of rain:

news.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The hate, and ignorance are THICK in the air (and in this thread) typical intolerance of other humans because of religion/race, it is mind blowing to me that people still have such deep, and negative feelings for others. We apparently stopped evolving some where along the way, because we are still the hating vile animals we have always been. Does anyone see that discussions on this evil race or that evil race has been going on since we crept out of caves? For thousands of years we have not advanced in this area . THEY are evil... NO, they are the evil ones. Makes me shudder the think we may still be stuck in this ignorant blame/hate cycle until we annihilate one another over who's God is the "REAL" God.

It's almost surreal, seeing the replies back and Bizarre how much hatred there still is in the human heart, but telling as well. We have not, and are not evolving in this respect. That is the strangest part for me.

I am Caucasian. If I spray paint every inch of my body black, am I then african american? What is the difference in me as a human if I'm painted, or my natural skin pigment is dark?

If I put the star of David around my neck, or wear a yamaka, am I then Jewish? What makes me different from a jew.

No matter how you cut it, prejudice and intolerance is pure ignorance which breads hatred. BIZARRE

BTW, I have a strong suspicion that NONE of the Gods would approve

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Yeah I don't know it just looks like a regular flood to me. Our property used to flood sometimes when the rivers got ice-jammed, or in the spring.
It's a horrible thing, worse for the gazans, but I'll definately be withholding my judgement on Isreal causing it.
Unless of course Palestinians are inferring that the Jews are Gods people and God caused the flood so it's Isreal's fault.
Somehow I doubt that though

Regular flood? The fact that an Israeli damn was opened contemporaneously with the flood is not of interest to you? The Palestinians are inferring that if you open a damn, it will cause a flood.
Doesn't take a detective to figure out that dams hold back water.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7
Regular flood? The fact that an Israeli damn was opened contemporaneously with the flood is not of interest to you?

What dam was opened? What is the location of the dam that was opened? Any valid source for a dam being opened?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoamC
reply to post by SuperSlovak

The world will be a more peaceful place when people like you, or you specifically (please god) are wiped of the face of the earth.
Israel has done more for this world than you or anyone living near has ever done and ever will do.
Keep your hateful speech shut clam-tight

You're an advocate of wiping political opponents off the face of earth. Yeah - makes sense that Israel can do no wrong in your eyes. Neither I nor anyone near me has ever killed hundreds of children by unleashing a modern military force against a region without an army and a few guys firing homemade rockets. What could be more peaceful than killing hundreds of children and blowing the limbs off hundreds more?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7
Neither I nor anyone near me has ever killed hundreds of children by unleashing a modern military force against a region without an army and a few guys firing homemade rockets. What could be more peaceful than killing hundreds of children and blowing the limbs off hundreds more?

Check out Iran's Holy War with Iraq, 1982-88, hundreds of thousands of children dead. The Sudanese government imposed war on the blacks in Darfur. A hundred thousand dead children. Or the histories of Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon. The latter tow targeting Palestinains who tried to take over the governments.

And exactly why has Iran been funding, arming and training forces in Gaza. For target practice?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I support Israel. Period. Its the birthplace of my Lord and Savior. The day the world turns its back on Israel, is the day the devil truly has his domination of the Earth.

Don't take everything the MSM shovels down your throat as fact then bash the MSM because of something else. If YOU hear about it on the news or through a news agency, its been filtered and re filtered and altered again.

Do not place blame or judge those whom you do not know.

It is a FACT that Israel has been 'picked on' (for lack of a better term and without getting into a numbers debate over how many Israelis have been tortured and murdered) for millenia over the land it occupies. The Holy Land was actually BOUGHT by the Jews/Israelites and they have a 99 year deed on the porperty. It is theirs and the people they BOUGHT it from HATE them for it, as well as their beliefs.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Xterrain]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join