It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza flooded after Israel opens dam gates

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Gaza flooded after Israel opens dam gates

www.presstv.ir

Israel has opened the floodgates of one of its dams in the eastern part of the Gaza Strip, flooding Palestinian houses and causing severe damage.

The Israeli authorities opened the dam's floodgates without any prior warning or coordination with local authorities in Gaza, stunning the residents of the area, the Press TV correspondent in Gaza reported late on Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Now this is not going to be a bash Israel post....Oh what the heck.

Israel screwed up again, sure it may have just been an accident, but who even cares any more? If this had been an Islamic state flooding a nation of primarily Jews, we would be hearing about the second holocaust.

Israel better pay for every bit of damage they caused in Gaza by doing this, it was an expensive "mistake."

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The fight between these two parties is petty, plain and simple. There is no other way to describe it.

While the repercussions of their stupidity and pettiness is beyond what any rational person could take, and I am beyond blaming Israel or Muslims in particular.

My statement to both parties:

"You are stupid and should get nothing from anyone until you two make up and work it out. Your petty religious bickering does no good and benefits few, at best."

Perhaps we could do what we might do to two bickering children. Lock them in a room until they are done and get to working together. Maybe the world can blockade them and allow nothing in or out until one side is dead or they stop all the nonsense.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by KrazyJethro]

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet

Israel screwed up again, sure it may have just been an accident

Perhaps in some crazy parallel universe it was an accident. Sadly we aren't in that crazy parallel universe. The only accident I can see on Israels behalf would be the "accidentally on purpose" kind of mistake.

If you ask Israel, they are never guilty of anything so does claiming it was an accident surprise anyone? Just par for the course!

IRM

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Something about this doesn't seem right.
Why are villages being built within an overflow corridor, or flood plane, or whatever it's called?
24 hrs of heavy rain? They've managed to build villages and establish themselves in between instances where heavy rain fell for 24 hours?
These flood gates have never been opened before? If they had, then why settle on a flood plane?
I'm not inclined to disbelieve that the Isreali's govt. are capable of such a thing, but something seems amok.
All the claims are pretty much copy and paste.
here is what one site said that wasn't word for word the same as all the others:

In the Eshkol regional council, which borders the Strip, the claims were dismissed. The council said it knew nothing of such a dam.

www.ynetnews.com...

So, is there any proof that this dam exists? I just can't understand how people would be living there right underneath the flood gates when 24 hrs of rain is all it takes to open them.

Here's a pretty recent vid. Still no pics of the dam.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by heyo]

[edit on 19-1-2010 by heyo]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
There has been flooding in several places over there, nothing at all to do with Israel, just another palestinian lie...

www.albawaba.com...
www.google.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.maannews.net...
www.haaretz.com...
www.almasryalyoum.com...
www.themajlis.org...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

I pretty much agree with what you posted. The pic in the OP article shows a couple of inches of water. Surely if they were rescuing people in boats, that would have made a better pic?
I'd really like to know if the dam exists. That said, 24hrs of heavy rain can cause a fair flood. For people living in tents, 2" of water is a big problem.
Israel must be forced to give up the blockade.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks
There has been flooding in several places over there, nothing at all to do with Israel, just another palestinian lie...

www.albawaba.com...
www.google.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.maannews.net...
www.haaretz.com...
www.almasryalyoum.com...
www.themajlis.org...

Thats like telling New Yorkers that 911 was a non-issue

Those buildings would have fell in 200 years anyway.

The water came from the Israeli side .

How can the Palestine people lie about that ?????????????????/

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Yeah I don't know it just looks like a regular flood to me. Our property used to flood sometimes when the rivers got ice-jammed, or in the spring.
It's a horrible thing, worse for the gazans, but I'll definately be withholding my judgement on Isreal causing it.
Unless of course Palestinians are inferring that the Jews are Gods people and God caused the flood so it's Isreal's fault.
Somehow I doubt that though

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Lol!
I was living in a basement that got flooded once. Only about 4", but with plenty of dirt & sewage. Pretty disasterous for me! Imagine buried poop / latrines mixed with wet dirt all over a tent. There'll be diseases from this. The blockade has to be lifted.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
This is from bloody PressTV the Iranian propaganda machine.

I swear they got people on this list creating a new thread with a sensationalized report every time someone coughs in the wrong direction in Israel.

Do they pay or is it voluntary?

M

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet

If this had been an Islamic state flooding a nation of primarily Jews, we would be hearing about the second holocaust.

Indeed. If a Palestinian had so much as fired a squirt gun in the general direction of Israel the IDF would be deployed. Who cares? Well I do for one.
Israel is going to exterminate everyone in Gaza. If all I can do is sit here in the US and watch from my warm house on a full belly the least I can do is watch and know that it was wrong.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Thats total bull, look we all and the world has learned how much Israle hates them in Gaza. Only thing Israel hasnt done yet, is what adolf hitler di with the jews..have them exterminated. man israle sure knows how to make sick life threatening pranks....makes one wonder, where on earth god dropped lucifer..now we know Israel.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Where are graphic pictures of suffering of Palestinians? Why i see only smiling kids with feet in water? Where are people on roofs, murderous Zionist oppressors and their dams and finally where are other anti-Israeli sources that are half-decent who report the same thing as unknown reporter from Gaza via known "trustworthy and objective" presstv.Iran.propaganda ?
Questions ,questions....
In Israel 2 people died because of flooding. I think that we should blame Palestinians that opened some unknown dam. You people would believe it also,right?
Edit:
In Egypt 20 people died. Also Zionistic dam?

[edit on 20-1-2010 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Well, if there's flooding reported in parts of Israel, wouldn't it make sense that they did open the dams and flood the Palestinian villages? This is what you usually do with flood gates when water build up behind them. In order to stop more flooding on their land, they've flooded the Palestinians instead.

And i don't see how people can say this is propoganda because you can't see the dam in the news report. Being semi-arid land, Israel has many dams to control water flow to it's populated areas and farmlands. Unfortunately this means that other people are having their water supply cut short.

According the to JNF:

In recent years JNF has been helping to alleviate the national water shortage by:

Building more than 180 water reservoirs and dams across Israel with a combined storage capacity of more than 34 billion gallons of water, freeing up enough water to meet the needs of over 1.2 million Israelis each year

Source

Here's a different news report, still from Iran though:

Video

This says it's the Wadi dam that was opened. But Wadi just means 'valley' apparently.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

Flooding in Israel is from heavy rain. Flooding in Sinai in Egypt is because of heavy rains. The same rain ,well, rains down on Gaza that is between Israel and Egyptian Sinai. And yet flooding in Gaza is not because of rain ,but because of Israeli dam?????
You find it possible? I - don't.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Lol, you are misunderstanding.

Obviously the flooding is due to heavy rain! I'm not suggesting Israel magically produced tonnes of water. Haha.

If more and more water builds up behind your flood gates, causing major flooding on the other side what do you do? Open the floodgates. It just so happens this village was in the wrong place.

What i'm saying is that there is a possibility that Israel did open floodgates to cause this flooding. Although whether this was done maliciously or not can't be said, but with the recent flooding it is likely they may have opened flood gates.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Nammu]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Conquerers do not give up conquered territory. They also do not like to have missiles lobbed at them, even if the missiles are relatively small and ineffective.
The Gazan's are pissed off because they were thrown off of what they considered their land, their home. Who can blame them, I'd be pissed off to. And they fight to get it back, I would as well. But the fact is, they are to weak to ever regain the territory. My theory is that there are a few Hamas in charge who live very well off of this conflict and they will never give up that good liv'n, the people be damned. They will continue this conflict without giving in, and keep the power they love so very much. If they were to negotiate, they eventually risk losing their positions to others through election or other means. As it is, they are warlords with ultimate control, and power is a strong drug, very addictive. Very sad for those living in ditches. BUT, It is in the nature of humans. We are animals, and not particularly advanced at that. I feel most of our behavior is due to this fact
This is another conflict fought by proxy. Iran funds Hamas to keep their bitter enemy (Israel) busy. Iran will take every opportunity It can to mess with Israel

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Good!..Maybe that will help clean that place up.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Another tale of Palestinian woe and misery concocted by the Hamas-Iran spin machine.

Perhaps George Galloway could send some inflatable dingies. Meeow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join