It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP projects Scott Brown winner in Mass.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
All three cable networks have just reported that Brown has been declared the winner of the Senate Race in Mass.

This is from MSNBC.com:

Breaking News: Coakley calls Brown to Concede Mass. Senate Race

[edit on 19-1-2010 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The obvious question is -
Will Congress continue to try to ram the Health Care Bill through, even though the people have spoken. It will be hard for the Dems to spin this, but of course, they will try.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Hey Prof, it has been interesting watching the typical press deal with this ironic change of pace from the democratic NE....

Can't wait to watch the November fireworks...hope all s well!

OT

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

My friend, healthcare is coming whether we like it or not.

The question is what price the Dems will have to pay for pushing it through?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Hey Prof, it has been interesting watching the typical press deal with this ironic change of pace from the democratic NE.... Can't wait to watch the November fireworks...hope all s well!

Yes, my good friend. It will be great theater!
I can't wait to hear what Pelosi and Reid have to say tomorrow.
The spinning wheels are all oiled and ready to spin, spin, spin.
I've already heard from Dem apologists on MSNBC and FOX that this is NOT a vote against the health care bill.....and pigs can fly.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

My friend, healthcare is coming whether we like it or not.

If they had any brains, they would through the bill away, start from scratch and produce a truly bipartisan bill that will bring health care costs down, and expand coverage for those uncovered.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

The question is what price the Dems will have to pay for pushing it through?

They are going to take massive loses in Washington regardless if they pass this or not.

Which is why I think they will still push it through...possibly through reconciliation or another way.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Which is why I think they will still push it through...possibly through reconciliation or another way.

The reconciliation process would be a disaster. They would have to vote on every bone of contention, and the result would look like a practice target that was just riddled by a full clip from an AK47.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The reconciliation process would be a disaster. They would have to vote on every bone of contention, and the result would look like a practice target that was just riddled by a full clip from an AK47.

It's possible. As we type they are looking for a way to get it done as they most likely figured this was coming a few days ago.

Other than the stimulus package...this is really the only other legislation that Dems have brought to the table that is supposedly supposed to help people.

I'm not stating I want this bill...believe me I don't..I just think we will still get some form of this bill.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Wow Upset.

And the MSM projected the Democrat all the way.

While I don't like either Dems or GOP, at least this somewhat reflects a popular disapproval of the federal government. Too bad it has to happen within a two party system.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
.....and pigs can fly.

They can, can't they? I think I saw a thread on it

top topics

join