It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Government is plotting against us? Really?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Read the title.
That's the respone I get from many, many people.

For some, it's hard to fathom that our own government can be out to harm us. For most of us here on ATS, it's a fact of life.

But, is it really that easy to fathom? I've sort of blindly accepted the fact that the powes that be are evil. That's all very true. But is it this easy to afflict damage to the populace?

Let me explain:

Already, I've seen threads about the recent earthquake in Haiti being man-made my a government-run 'earthquake machine'.
I've heard that the government can steer hurricanes.
I've heard that the government can cause droughts and floods.

I've heard this, I've heard that... I've heard a lot of things!

It can't be that easy, though! Imagine the massive amount of man-power it would take to build and operate an 'earthquake machine'. It strikes me odd that the workers building that, or the scientists operating it, wouldn't once question what they were doing! Or wouldn't squeal about it on the internet.

Or, just the same, think about secret government laboratories:
Do you mean to tell me that everyone, from the secretary, to the scientists, to the security, to the janitor, to the technicians, won't question what they're doing, whether it's ethical, and whether the public should know?

How can it be that all these people can be corrupted; can be silenced; can be brainwashed into thinking that what they do is perfectly moral, perfectly just, and should be kept a secret?

I don't know. I'm just at a loss of what to think. I mean, I believe that this sort of thing happens, but HOW does it happen?

How...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
If one looks at it through the eyes of biblical prophecy,seeing the intentions of Satan and how he works,it makes sense.

That's the only way I can understand the evil taking place today.

I don't know how others can comprehend it,but for me,knowing Satan as the destroyer,the deceiver,the father of all lies...it's not hard to see his handiwork. He works through people of power,in fact,giving them his power to bring havoc and destruction!

I'm not trying to derail this into a religious thread,I'm just answering the question and saying,"This is how I see it happening".

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Because people are stupid.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Yes, they are, and believe me stupidity is a choice, not a condition or disorder. Ever step back and take a good, hard look, rose colored glasses removed, at Humanity? Humanity is, for the most part, a virus on this land, and on this Earth. Take away man, and all of his trappings and buildings, and within 100 years the planet would be a lot better place.
Sadly, there is nothing to be done. Can't kill them all.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Your questions regarding the human element strike a chord with me. Like , how the hell could any person knowingly DO that
I don't know how another person could , if in possession of an "earthquake machine" actually press the button.
That being said...
the technology is there, gatorboy. Don't doubt that. China stopped the god$#mn rain for the olympics, son.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

if YOU believe in that point of view that strongly, YOU know where to start, theres one part of the virus YOU can end, then you've made your point without hurting anybody else.
humanity was a symbiote of the earth long before it was a parasite, being led astray by the few is not a reason to think all of a species is worth wiping out.

back on point, isnt the popular thought that its mainly done by only allowing certain people to have certain info? e.g. a guard outside a facility not knowing what the scientists are doing in the building and even janitors dont having access to areas that might lead to people getting info they're not supposed to have.
although it does seem fairly odd that they'd set up god-like weapons systems without a massive amount of whistleblowers.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

There is no reason. The people who say this crap are crazy, really that simple, Like completely bananas.

They get to vote/drive/own guns ... scary right ?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
No, I don't think they would want millions of people having a hit out on them. They wouldn't be able to have their nice fancy homes, cars, boats, and vacation homes. Relatives, kids, and their lives would be in jeopardy at all times and they wouldn't want that. These are people, I think a lot of people miss that they have feelings.

You can only hope some of the crazy antics they are pulling are for some reason or purpose. Maybe we are ready and preparing to transition with a Universal community? We certainly have a bright path of success here on Earth. The willpower of the people and technology, are here for us to be something great!

The 'New World Government' can be good thing. A lot of people believe it's harmful, I personally don't think it is. A lot of problems can be solved if everyone runs on a one great divine guideline. We can work together as one, instead of in separate units.

The government is defiantly up to something for some reason. You and I can only hope it's for the best. People run the world, they couldn't have anything without us.

If you look realistically who could be the ones that may keep us under control?

Citizens of a countries army far and wide? That have families of their own and a quality value of life distilled in everyone of them. They wouldn't stand for it and you know that!

You can't possibly think a "Rule the planet and suppress everyone" tactic would actually work. Civilians would separate themselves from a situation like that. Form divisions and fight that type of life.

The best thing about experiencing freedom is seeing how wonderful it is. People who have lived that wouldn't let it go for long. (I will say a lot people need to wake up on our rights) But a catastrophe such as a war or traumatic event would just bring the quality of life even higher up the Totem pole.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by OpenYourHead]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
If you're going to be a moron, of course they're going to plot against you. They already own you; you're just a freakin' number to them. Life is a tug of war.

It's simple: if you do not enforce your rights, they will be swiped from you. Just because you have rights, it does not mean you do not have to fight to keep them.

First you wake up, then you speak up.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
We are talking nuts and bolts.

Does the government want to save certain people? Yes.

Does the government want to save me? Probably not.

Heres a question.

How can the government steal money from my paycheck and put it into a seperate fund that is called social security meaning that I can not ever access those funds until I am 65?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
One of these days I'm going to finally write a post about this, but I feel compelled to chime in on this topic because it hits on the same ideas that have been swirling around in my mind for a while.

I am of the opinion that every government, regardless of the country, does nothing without some self-serving reason. Some governments are more blatant about it than others, but deep down I am certain that no piece of legislation, no law, nothing is done without some form of profit for those who are responsible. That profit can come in many forms: votes, money, an IOU of some kind, legal leverage, and so on.

With that in mind, consider some of the things that the US government does that seem like acts of goodwill. One that comes to mind for me is the occasional "Tax Stimulus" checks that are sent out to the citizens in order to help them out and give the economy a little pick-me-up. On the surface it might appear to be completely self-less, and a great way to help people out. But I'd be willing to bet that their primary motivation is to do it to boost ratings and garner votes for the next election, and the fact that it helps people is just a bonus.

For me personally, when I hear about new developments in the government, I always ask myself, "Why are they doing that?" Because I am confident that the sweet sounding legislation is just a smokescreen to distract us from the behind the scenes handshakes, deals, and other profiteering that takes place.

As far as the question about how so many people could be involved, that is something I too have often wondered about. I honestly can't give a good, definitive response. But I have thought of an explanation that makes some sense to me, and it involves three pieces: the innocent bystander, the ignorant citizen, and the bastards who know what is going on.

The innocent bystander is, for example, an employee who takes part in, oh, how about some sort of scientific research? Maybe this person is involved with finding a safe chemical compound which could be used to reduce blood pressure without any serious side effects. In the process of doing their research and due diligence, they happen upon some interesting results - one of their test groups, the first to trial an inhaled form of the chemical, is stricken with a side effect which causes them to suffer severe headaches which are so intense that they literally cannot function until the ill effects wear off. Obviously the company sees that that trial went poorly and goes in a different direction. However, somehow word of this incapacitating compound reaches certain ears within the government, and they somehow manage to obtain a small amount of it.

My point is that I believe that they, the government, use the work and effort of those who mean well, but they use it for their own less innocent agenda. So the innocent bystander is completely unaware that their energy may have been used for something hurtful and, possibly, sinister.

The ignorant citizen is, well, an ignorant person who is just living their life. They trust that the government and corporations have our (peasants like you and me) best interests in mind. Rather than "digging a little deeper", they take everything they hear, read, and see at face value. It is these people who make all of the hidden agendas, questionable motives, and other bologna possible because they don't know what is really going on, they don't care what is really going on, and because the media (a.k.a. the only way to get good, trustworthy information) tells them what to believe.

And lastly are the folks who are well aware of what is going on. I don't know how they are kept quiet, but I'd love to find out how they are suppressed. Maybe the government has actually managed to whittle down this crowd to a small enough bunch that they can buy their silence with money, material possessions, and other wealth. Who knows? But there must be people who do know the truth, who are faced with moral dilemmas, and who are afraid that if they go public, they'll be hung out to dry in a way that scares the living daylights out of them. So they are forced to keep quiet.

Maybe I am way off base, but I too find it hard to believe that there are millions of people who are in the know on the more sinister things our governments do in places which are inaccessible by the public. So this is how I've come to explain it in my mind. I hope was able to convey those thoughts in a way that made some sense.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by gatorboi117
Read the title.
That's the respone I get from many, many people.

For some, it's hard to fathom that our own government can be out to harm us. For most of us here on ATS, it's a fact of life.

But, is it really that easy to fathom? I've sort of blindly accepted the fact that the powes that be are evil. That's all very true. But is it this easy to afflict damage to the populace?

Let me explain:

Already, I've seen threads about the recent earthquake in Haiti being man-made my a government-run 'earthquake machine'.
I've heard that the government can steer hurricanes.
I've heard that the government can cause droughts and floods.

I've heard this, I've heard that... I've heard a lot of things!

It can't be that easy, though! Imagine the massive amount of man-power it would take to build and operate an 'earthquake machine'. It strikes me odd that the workers building that, or the scientists operating it, wouldn't once question what they were doing! Or wouldn't squeal about it on the internet.

Or, just the same, think about secret government laboratories:
Do you mean to tell me that everyone, from the secretary, to the scientists, to the security, to the janitor, to the technicians, won't question what they're doing, whether it's ethical, and whether the public should know?

How can it be that all these people can be corrupted; can be silenced; can be brainwashed into thinking that what they do is perfectly moral, perfectly just, and should be kept a secret?

I don't know. I'm just at a loss of what to think. I mean, I believe that this sort of thing happens, but HOW does it happen?

How...

First of all, the idea of a "fed directed" earth quake machine is pure bull #. What would be the point? Haiti is no threat to the United States, in fact it's a god damn money pit. I'm always anoid when people think the Earth is controled by some kind of grand evil conspiracy. Guess what? Its not. To answer your question, governments can sometimes control populations by understandind simple psycology. Also corruption has always been a two edged sword. Its a dumb idea, it poisons as much with in as it does with out.

new topics

top topics

join