It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'M All Haiti-ed Out , Had Enough

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
First of all, let me say. It was a horrific tragedy that befell Haiti. From the moment
we all heard of the severity of the Quake, we knew in such a poor country with
badly constructed homes , it would be horrific event.

And our concerns, best wishes, money and hope went out to the Haitians.

Then the Vultures moved in.

Now we have , on every source of Media, Competition for ......

Who can show the most Horrific Scenes, with the Most Compassion.

Who can break the Behind the scenes Story, with the Most Understanding.

Which country is doing more, faster, for better Reasons.

And its all a Crock.

Real human suffering , all for Ratings.

How many Dead Bodies will Anderson show us tonight?

All for Ratings.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SerialLurker
.....And what do you think 9/11 was?

Don't get me going on 911,

that was a little different

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
We have the "we are the world"type song to look foward to next.
Permormed by many celebrities including a teary eyed Mariah Carey,still with perfect make up.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
You sound surprised. You shouldn't be.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

I do not have a t.v., so while I have been spared that media coverage, I have been inundated via online news and forums (incl. the competition on ATS) and I too, have had enough. I glance and the headlines or thread titles and that is about it. As tragic as it is, there are other things to attend to in addition to this story. That's all I really have to say, at this point. Thank you for bringing it up.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I agree about Anderson Cooper's coverage of the dead. So much so I almost send an email to CNN. I understand that the deaths are a big part of the story, but come on Anderson, we want to hear the life stories, the survival stories.

I want to see stories of rescue work, distribution of food and water and medicine. I would be glued to my tv for those stories, but they are far and few to be found.

Also, what is going on at the Hotel Montana where the 4 American students were trapped????? Does anyone have an update on that search?

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Julie Washington]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
You mean your tired of Anderson "Im a Hero" Cooper and Dr Sanja Gupta rescuing the innocent as they step over dead bodies. Or perhaps you should tune into Geraldo Rivera as he bravely hands out water.

It is a tragedy, but we should also be alert here at home, because the media and politicians love to capitalize when our attention is elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
I agree about Anderson Cooper's coverage of the dead. So much so I almost send an email to CNN. I understand that the deaths are a big part of the story, but come on Anderson, we want to hear the life stories, the survival stories

I thought the same thing , that made me want to write this thread.

Glad to see it's not just me that sees this.

I hope for a fast , recovery and rebuild.

Lets let the Professionals , who are on the scene now in Haiti, do their jobs.

And keep the camera's out of their faces.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

So what should the news organizations do; with a disaster that may claim 250k lives +? Americans don't care about black people unless they are rich and famous and involved in a sex scandal.

"Rescuers just found another 100 victims in a collapsed building, efforts are being made for more mass graves.....

An now another Tiger Woods' Lover comes forward" How many days was Tiger covered?

Lets let the Professionals , who are on the scene now in Haiti, do their jobs.

And keep the camera's out of their faces.

Wouldn't you think the families of the Professionals might like to know how their loved ones are fairing, working in a disaster area? The News crews shouldn't cover them during one of the largest disasters in 100 years.
Shouldn't this be documented. Here's a suggestion....either change the channel, put on a DVD or turn the damn thing off. No one is forcing you to watch. Some of us have family in the military that are involved and want to know what is going on. The media seems to have a vertual black out on anything important reguarding the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

God Help US!

[edit on 20-1-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I am with you. Tragedy often makes news even more ridiculous than usual.
Everything you stated in the opening post pretty much sums it up.
As Darth said, however... this should not surprise any of us.

You don't see places like Haiti, or Indonesia, or oh.... hell, ANY country..ever being show on the news unless it's some 'juicy' material.
Tragedy sells.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I wonder what is being passed through under the table while the continuous coverage of Haiti continues.

They leave the topics they continuously report about unfinished as always. And they leave you with many different opinions of a story. So then you get fed up and don't care what an outcome is.

The media is giving The White House and the Gubment a break from all of the tension building up on global and political topics.

Healthcare?

War in Afghanistan?

Airport Terror Attack?

Gay Rights?

Yemen?

Nigeria?

Iran?

All of that reporting has been quiet lately.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by OpenYourHead]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
everyone including me usually always has something negative to say about the media

this situation is different

the real truth of the matter is this situation could have been made "less severe" if such a high level of corruption didnt exist throughout the past few centuries in haiti

if they would have had the money and leadership to truly build their infrastructure properly, they wouldnt be in this bad of a situation, but no one cared back then, so we let corruption take place for hundreds of years

now the media, is doing what the media always does, they are exploiting the situation

however usually it is solely a bad thing, done in bad taste.
following this coverage, i have to say, even though they exploiting the situation and kissing babies and orphans left and right, they are at least shining a light on the situation and being pretty blunt in the news about haitis history

due to the media taking the actions that they are, haiti may have the potential to rebuild the proper way

so you may have had enough, but its people not caring that has created the situation we see now in haiti

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dramey

so you may have had enough, but its people not caring that has created the situation we see now in haiti

I agreed with all you wrote , you are bang on .

As far as the above quote.

I want as many people rescued as possible, people to have food, housing.
The people who are on the ground in Haiti are the right people.
Yes it was a huge Tragedy and it will take a long time to get Haiti back to
some sort of normalacy .
But please dont interpret my "had enough " with not caring.

Its the profiting of the news outlets off this tragedy , that I "had enough" of.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I am conflicted with regards to what to say about this: I will agree that people should care about fellow humanity but also that we simply cannot save,fix,or re-build all that's broken in the world.Nor should it fall to us.
I will add however that what disgusts me the most is the obvious-ness of the "Trinity" of Clinton,Bush,and Obama as they posture for position and act all joined at the hip in concern...to me,this is worse that the media because they are supposed to be the "standard" of decorum?
They are proping their own "ratings" in a more obvious manner to me and I to have "had it" in some respects.

new topics

top topics

join