It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Multiple fatals in central Va. shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

The suspect's wife and son were apparently shot to death in their home during a possible domestic dispute, said Samuel E. Carter Jr., vice chairman of the Appomattox County Board of Supervisors.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I guess the U.S. shouldn't be so afraid of "terrorists"... There are more blatant and common risks of death coming from within...

Gangs
Active shooters
Domestic violence

Those situations kill more individually in one year than terrorism does... The U.S. has more pressing issues within itself to sort out before focusing on the world...

Peace,

Magnum

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Shooting deaths, gangs, terrorism?

Try deaths related to bathroom cleaning accidents, from chemicals or slipping and bashing your head off the porcelain bowl. Either that, or just plain falling in the shower.

That accounts for more deaths than any of the above, and if I'm wrong, well.. you can find any other strange way to die and it will rack a tally higher than shootings.

So yeah, we should be focused on other things besides the world.

Toilet bowl blood & mayhem doesn't rake in the media green as fast as violence can.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Update from AP news,

Eight reported killed in Virginia shooting, suspect surrounded, source - AP

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Although funny, you are absolutely right...
You made my evening...

Thanks!

Magnum

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

APPOMATTOX, Va. — A law enforcement official familiar with the investigation tells The Associated Press that eight people have been killed in shootings in central Virginia.

www.chron.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

You're right, journalists should know their job is sometines high risk- that's where the news is sometimes.

I lived near there for 20 years. A lot of those people are armed to the teeth. I have a friend in the state police station there at Appomattox, I might get some details from him.
This is really sad. Virginia has had too many mass shootings in the last few years. Put odds the guy was packing an AR/AK or ruger mini - that's the guns the feds want to get out of the people's hands.

5oOClock - peace from a fellow richmond river rat, we shouldve named our baseball theam that
flying squirrels fss

sorry , felt the need for some levity about then

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Well, aside from all that, I think journalists have a decent grasp on the risks of their career choice, though some don't. The problem I have is the police deliberately prevent the press from reporting, far too much, and especially at times like these where factual information is critical.

Legislation is passed from events like these, so it's absolutely imperative that the facts are close to 100%. Let alone the burden that the media lays on the shoulders of the people with their fear-mongering. If the news wants to make me question my safety, they damn well better have their facts straight.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by SyphonX

5oOClock - peace from a fellow richmond river rat, we shouldve named our baseball theam that
flying squirrels fss

sorry , felt the need for some levity about then

I'm in Richmond about once a month for work, just another "Damn Yankee" trying to escape the cold.
Too damn crowded here. Reminds me of Pittsburgh. I'll still take the peace and pass it along though.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Just in the past two weeks--

1-19-10
Eight dead in central Virginia

1-17-10
Five found shot to death in house in Buckhorn, southeast Texas

1-12-10
Workplace shooting in Kennesaw, GA 2 dead, 3 wounded

1-7-10
Power plant in St. Louis, MO 3 dead, 5 wounded

1-4-10
Las Vegas Federal Courthouse shooting, 2 dead 1 wounded

I am wondering if the covert operators have shifted their emphasis to these local events because too many questions are being raised about the more spectacular school, mall, and church shootings. Note that the shootings are occurring in areas that are probably very pro-gun. Then perhaps when they go for that big gun control legislation, these incidents will serve to provide ''cover'' for the local bought-and-paid-for congressperson.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I think the stage is being set.

Second line goes here.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I just finished reading the Cassiopaean material and according to them, these shootings are influenced by negative beings, mostly to scare people as well as allow those in power to impose more laws for our "safety". Whether or not that's true, who knows, it's channeled material so one can only guess at how accurate it really is. Interesting nonetheless...

link here for who is interested: www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

[edit on 1/19/2010 by Mr Poopra]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Weird thing I see is that the ones with the highest death tolls were barely covered by the news, the texas one and the one 2day. Then the ST. Louis and Las Vegas had it all over the news. Atleast thats how it was where I live.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I think the stage is being set.

Dear one, What is the stage being set for?

I hope it isn't going to be to traumatic, now that I'm about back on my feet again.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
Just in the past two weeks--

1-19-10
Eight dead in central Virginia

1-17-10
Five found shot to death in house in Buckhorn, southeast Texas

1-12-10
Workplace shooting in Kennesaw, GA 2 dead, 3 wounded

1-7-10
Power plant in St. Louis, MO 3 dead, 5 wounded

1-4-10
Las Vegas Federal Courthouse shooting, 2 dead 1 wounded

that's 20 dead and 9 wounded by Americans. Not Muslim terrorists, not by Al-Qaeda, not by Iran, not by North Korea but by disgruntled Americans... I re-iterate my previous statement (not directed to the poster that I quoted) terrorism is the LEAST of America's problems right now. The economy is
and people are losing their jobs, their families are breaking up because of social degradation, more and more people are going to start doing this.

So for all those who need something to fear, then you now can fear your fellow "patriotic" American. For those who fear people who wear burkas and Islamic clothing, well you better not walk close to an American either, he might shoot you in the middle of the street...

Sheesh...

Magnum

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Im on the side that the economy and social breakdown is causing this to. Im wondering if anyone is going to go off the end during a holiday coming up such as valentines day next month. I could easily see another one of these happening around that day due to marriage/family relations.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Another Virginia Tech Grad? Is it me or has Va. Tech had ties to quite a few lone gunman shootings lately....Choi...the Fort Hood shooter..I know of another, Va Tech Grad shooter ...how about this guy? Manchurian Candidate school near or on Va. Tech?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Just to update this story,

The man who is thought to be the one that done this is now in custody,
he has just been charged with 8 Virginia shooting deaths with first-degree murder

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
DO NOT drink the water in Virgina.

They need to do a better job of controlling these test subjects and assassins.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

You are right; Valentines Day could get hot, if history is any guide.

2-14-01
Jeremy Getman, 18, arrested at Southside High School in Elmira in New York state. The youth was armed with a .22-caliber pistol and sawed-off shotgun, and had several pipe bombs in a gym bag.  "This could have been Columbine," says John Murnan, a special agent for the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.

------------

2-14-08
Northern Illinois University, Dekalb, Illinois, Steven Kazmierczak, 27, 6 dead, 16 wounded

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join