It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt finds ancient cat goddess temple

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
CBC Report

I just thought that this would be interesting to know. The Egyptians have discovered a 2000 year old temple for the Cat Goddess Bastet.

I find this interesting because the more we find these kind of places, the more we realize that we know very little about the ancient Egyptian world; when it changed or when it actually started. The Egyptians seem to have many mysteries for us to discover and the pieces of the puzzle are all over the place!!

Peace,

Magnum

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I always enjoy hearing of these new discoveries.Especialy in the mideast.I wonder what next they may find under Alexandrea.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 20-1-2010 by AgentX09]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Very interesting! I myself have 5 cats. Here is a digital picture I made a few years ago. Have always been interested in all things Egyptian.

media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=view&id=67941

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Interesting Story . Bastet was a very revered God in Ancient Egypt , and that dicovery should shed more light on our understanding of their peoples Religious Beliefs concerning the Cat God .

i297.photobucket.com...

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Egyptians have always intrigued me. I remember one of my earliest memories was of me standing in a darkened Egyptian temple with torches on the walls wondering if I would ever have another life in the future. Isn't that cool? This was when I was 5 years old, it was like past life regression.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
CBC Report

I find this interesting because the more we find these kind of places, the more we realize that we know very little about the ancient Egyptian world; when it changed or when it actually started. T

I agree. I do believe there is much that is hidden from us, not only from the Egyptians. Guess, we have to wait for time travel (; Oh well. Great find. Cats actually have a huge impact on many civilisations and the temples just heighten the devotion.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I was wondering if there are any cultures that have dog shrines? Canines are super awesome.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Wow !!! Cool !!! Cats are indeed awesome...dogs are too !!!

Cats were bred by ancient Egyptians and were revered animals...when a cat died, the entire household would even shave their eyebrows off to show that they were in mourning !!!!

Here's some more info...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Cats are totally sweet. And ancient Egyptians were pretty sweet too. But what is more poignant about this thread is how unfortunate it is that we know so little about our fellow humans of the past, on whose shoulders now we stand.

I want to share a link I know you guys will enjoy, its an article about books, or manuscripts from ancient and great minds that have been lost to antiquity, and quite honestly, as a result of the great ignorance of the authorities of the time who cast them out of our reach.

7 Books We Lost to History That Would Have Changed The World

Strange how ancient knowledge is the juiciest of all.

top topics

join