It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rising military suicides

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hi everyone. I dont really know too much about these events but i do know that this information will surprise alot of people.

here is a snippet and a link to the post.

"More U.S. military personnel have taken their own lives so far in 2009 than have been killed in either the Afghanistan or Iraq wars this year, according to a Congressional Quarterly compilation of the latest statistics from the armed services."

"“These numbers are just staggering and, tragically, are an indication that we are simply not doing the job of providing adequate mental health care for both our active-duty service people and our veterans, said Bob Filner, D-Calif., chairman of the House Veterans Affairs Committee."

www.congress.org...

I only came across this link accidentally so im probably not the most informed person to discuss it, but i find it very interesting so i thought i would share and maybe learn something from the responses. thanks. sorry if its a repost.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
There has already been a couple of threads on this in the last couple of weeks. They only lead to star and flag fests stating how the military members deserve it.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
apologies. mod remove please.

join