It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Earthquakes sign of Poles Reversing?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Okay in the past month there has been several earthquakes starting in this order:

California
Haiti
Argentina
and NOW Cayman Islands.

I'm not saying the poles are reversing but haven't scientists said when the magnetic field gets weak that indicates the poles about to reverse? So if so, wouldn't it cause some earthquake activity?

Your reply is appreciated.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I do not think our Scientists, have ever witnessed a pole shift. In theory or our best guess is the last time this occured was over 750,000 years ago or something..

en.wikipedia.org...'s_magnetic_field

I know everyone does not like wiki, but he teaches me ALLOT...

thats my reply.. I would like to see some science on this as well please..

S&F

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
I do not think our Scientists, have ever witnessed a pole shift. In theory or our best guess is the last time this occured was over 750,000 years ago or something..

en.wikipedia.org...'s_magnetic_field

I know everyone does not like wiki, but he teaches me ALLOT...

thats my reply.. I would like to see some science on this as well please..

S&F

I agree, wiki does teach a LOT. Plus it's monitored and not everything can be changed on wiki.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Apparently due to what ive read the flares from the sun will reach us either today or tommorow. Theres also reports of a gap in the crust in Istanbul. I think that something is definatly on the boil.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think people are confused about magnetic pole reversal. It is only a reversal of the magnetic flux of the earth...not a physical turning of the earth's crust. If it did happen...just means North on your compass would be pointing South after the reversal.

Not saying a slippage of the earth's crust could not happen.. but it is a different thing than magnetic pole reversal

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
i do realize i posted this exact same in another thread but i feel it holds water in both. i am simply looking for ideas to maybe keep safe and learn ahead what MAY be building up. please dont judge me im really a nice guy
heres the post.....

god i hate bein this guy but im gonna give it a shot .im begining to see sum validity in this end of days crapola. there are just so many odd and what seem to be building tensions over the past years it seems we are heading for a boiling point. thecold in the n. hemi/ earthquakes abounding/ war on just about every horizon / volcanoes o my . !! I cannot figure out how to connect these dots but my mind is drawing logical conclusions from what i observe and the conclusions are pretty well not good
At what point is this all gonna be apart of a giant global well meltdown i guess.
I am looking for coherent responses and am not trying to sound like sum religous soap box preacher and am not interested in people trying to blame god or sum myan story 2012 date the probailitys are to low for eother of these to be true however i am growing concerned and may put together sum kind survival / handy pantry type kit
i guess better safe then sorry.
does anyone have anything to add to my paranoia??

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Pole revearsal would only affect ocean currents and temperatures and yes, the compass would point south. Not crust related.
But who knows, maybe ocean currents cool the crust and pissses off the earthquake Gods.
Eveeyday there are earthquakes all around the Pacific rim and elsewhere, Puerto Rico has a good amount too. The Carribbean plate seems extra active in the last month.

I do agree that something is up. I've heard that when the semi-active volcano on St Lucia erupts that there will be some major shifts of land. St Lucia is also in the Carribbean plate. After that happens 30 days and major destruction in the region.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The problem with magnetic pole reversals isn't that we have to re-make all compasses; it's that there will be very few people left to re-make them after the flip. During the reversal, you see, there will be years and years where the earth effectively has no magnetic field at all. And during that time, all the solar and stellar radiation constantly bouncing off our magnetic field won't bounce anymore. It'll go straight through to the ground, and to us. There will be aurorae visible from pole to pole, which will be pretty, but the baking of all living things in hard ionizing radiation won't be as pretty. Already, they've found an area running from the Pacific to the Atlantic (across the middle of Brazil) where the field has mostly gone away. It's almost thin enough to be dangerous. So if you had any plans to move to South America, rethink them... though I can't think of anywhere safer, except maybe on the bottom of the Pacific. I wonder if this is why the US government has been building underground bases like mad for the past couple of decades...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thought Provoker
The problem with magnetic pole reversals isn't that we have to re-make all compasses; it's that there will be very few people left to re-make them after the flip. During the reversal, you see, there will be years and years where the earth effectively has no magnetic field at all. And during that time, all the solar and stellar radiation constantly bouncing off our magnetic field won't bounce anymore. It'll go straight through to the ground, and to us. There will be aurorae visible from pole to pole, which will be pretty, but the baking of all living things in hard ionizing radiation won't be as pretty. Already, they've found an area running from the Pacific to the Atlantic (across the middle of Brazil) where the field has mostly gone away. It's almost thin enough to be dangerous. So if you had any plans to move to South America, rethink them... though I can't think of anywhere safer, except maybe on the bottom of the Pacific. I wonder if this is why the US government has been building underground bases like mad for the past couple of decades...

But magnetic fields won't disappear, they will just move to new locations. Right?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

Yeah I think current studies show that when the Earth is going through the process of the shift that there is indeed still a magnetic field. It isn't uniform extending outward from pole to pole though. It is really erractic and doesn't hold any consistent form. That said, there very well may be places extremely more vulnerable to all the nasties that the magnetic field shields us from.

Who knows though. Maybe the spaghetti monster will appear and make us all watch American Idol and it really will be torture?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Planet Earth had never been a stable planet - period.

Earthquakes are nothing more than teutonic plates colliding with each other, millimeter by millimeter each centuries. No need to frighten yourself. Just stay clear of where the plates meet and ensure the Coporations do not build habitats near such areas of doom.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
hmmm mayb its just a co-incidence.....

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Recent earthquakes are a sign but not of impending pole reversal. They are pointing to the fact that earthquakes take place all over the world every day and some are larger than others. It is how the planet works and has worked for billions of years!!!!

Large earthquakes take place every few years over a populated areas and they will continue to do so having nothing to do with pole reversal by 2012. Earthquakes of this type will happen well after 2012 and the poles will remain the same. That's all I have to say about that!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Who knows though. Maybe the spaghetti monster will appear and make us all watch American Idol and it really will be torture?

Gawd no!!!!!
I'd rather live through a thousand quakes in Haiti than that!!!

So another aftershock this morning... and if there's not enough stress on the people there, this will just encourage migration which is dangerous.
I'm still waiting for the St Lucia volcano to erupt.

Thanks for all the good knowledge on this thread with the conclusions that earthquakes are normal, fault lines are vulnerable, and collectively we will remain calm.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Earthquakes are common. It's just that most of the time they don't reach the MSM that people love and see as the truth.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
No, not a sign of the poles reversing.

Earthquakes happen all the time, you just don't hear about them or feel them. The Earth is dynamic and always changing - it is, as far as some geologists would term it "Alive".

Poles reversing takes millions of years, this is evident in samples taken from all over the world showing areas where there is snow now, used to be rich in forrest cover and animal life.

Seriously, nothing to worry about.

Poor Haiti though. That is tragic.

la2

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Basic way to sort this is 'we dont know', for all we know the last polar shift could have been preceeded by a great deal of earthquakes, we just dont know.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I never understood these "end times" threads. If the ppl proposing them would suddenly think to themselves . ........ "hey I just started paying attention to the news, maybe the world has always been messed up??" Then this would have never happened. Just like Woody going to the police.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
I never understood these "end times" threads. If the ppl proposing them would suddenly think to themselves . ........ "hey I just started paying attention to the news, maybe the world has always been messed up??" Then this would have never happened. Just like Woody going to the police.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by spinalremain]

Guess it's growing pains of the Information Age. People don't adjust to change very well and information overload causes defense mechanisms to kick in, thus the end of the world expressions. Then there's morbid curiosity, which is watching train wrecks and wanting to see blood and destruction which is normal human behavior too.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by xweaponx

dont forget to add portugal on the list we had an earthquake of 6.0 something in the ocean

top topics

<<   2 >>

join