It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is reality, this is hell, this is our life (video)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by colloredbrothers

This is exactly my position! This guy is not communist nor Bolshevik - he is anarchist as I'm. Look back to US history and you realize that US society at first half of 19. century was anarchistic! And it was golden age of USA - Alexis de Tocqueville in his "Democracy in America" depicts something what we can call grass root participatory democracy - for me it is real model of anarchy.
So we have now historical example that real democracy/anarchy is possible. Any comments by "we are living in the best possible world" thinkers?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by zeddissad

I too am researching anarchism now, and it looks like it is pretty flawless, maybe I have to keep researching to find something wrong. But what could be wrong with no rulers! no centralized power.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

I'm in accord with your view. But I must oppose techno/science neutrality. Science and technology open possibilities (now I'm referring to Heidegger). From my experience I can say that if there is possibility to do something - good or bad - somebody will do it. Science IS and every time WAS political entity. "Holocaust" was based on scientific method. A-bomb is one of greatest inventions of humankind in some respect (we have never had such great energy in our hands before) and how it was initially used? I'm not calling for some ban on science, I just want people to take their responsibility - science/technology is not morally neutral. "Medium is the message ..." to cite classic.
For sure: society is formed to some extent by technology but on other hand technology is not nothing given - we are (or should be) masters of technology. But know is technology and its development in hands of few selected (by whom?) and is used against "us, the people" - we are only lucky that we were not born in Sarajevo or Baghdad.

edit: grammar

[edit on 21-1-2010 by zeddissad]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
i agree with this video. but i need someone at McDonald for me, and i need people to make stuff i use. people to move it around. i remember reading about this in a book. it is called"on the shortness of life" it is by seneca. i recommend people read this. it got me thinking why should i work for 40 years just to retire when i am old.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Foodman]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Foodman

Man need to work - we were born that way and I personally like to work, if there is reason for work, better if there is reason IN the work. If the only reason is profit of some distinct bastard than I'm unhappy worker.
Example: there is bistro owned by one Greek in Prague. They do basically same thing as MacDonald do. But their product is cheaper and better (based on taste). And what is most important: you have no feeling of robot encounter as if you go to MacDonald. Why? Because they are working on their own! They had chance to purchase MacDonald franchise but they did not want. I'm happy with that - I hate clowns

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
This is why I opted out the 9-5 lifestyle before high school was over. A decade ago I assessed the situation much like this guy. Spend a third of my life working a meaningless job paying half my money to taxes? No thanks. I live in poverty, pay no taxes, and enjoy the freedoms which come with that. I'm not feeding the beast. No way.

me too, and I have zero debt, which actually makes me one of the richest people in the world ironically!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
too true too true
i think about this sort of thing a lot...but the video really shows how bad its gotten for humanity...as bad as you think it is...it always goes deeper

this video is inspirational but unfortunately on earth 90% of humans WONT do anything about it...and because only 10% would...they get squashed.

this video is going on my facebook page...at least another 400 people will see it then

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foodman
i agree with this video. but i need someone at McDonald for me, and i need people to make stuff i use. people to move it around. i remember reading about this in a book. it is called"on the shortness of life" it is by seneca. i recommend people read this. it got me thinking why should i work for 40 years just to retire when i am old.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Foodman]

Why wouldn't you get all those services? It just means that everything is privatized so there will still be transport and there will be a mcdonalds and all of those things. But the people in these coorporations will benifit from it equaly, so this way you don't have a boss, everyone in the coorporation is working to make the coorporation better and all get benefits from it equally.

anarchy = without a ruler

instead of a power above making rules and trying to force it upon the people below in anarchy the people below manage themselves.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by colloredbrothers]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

You say these folks can do as they please.
Tell me Zero, where would you have people who dislike this consumer society and wish to live from Mother Earth go. There is no such place anymore.
No matter where you go you have to pay someone to live. In most area's if you don't carry id or have currency, your going to jail. The water is so polluted there are few open places to drink. There are a large number of people who would love to live a tribal life away from the pollution and consumer crazyness thats killing earth. Yet that will never happen as long as man keeps saying they OWN the land, and have a right to profit from it. IMHO the right to profit has be one of the major factors in the decline of society. Man has proven time and time again they will do anything for profit.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

This is why I opted out the 9-5 lifestyle before high school was over. A decade ago I assessed the situation much like this guy. Spend a third of my life working a meaningless job paying half my money to taxes? No thanks. I live in poverty, pay no taxes, and enjoy the freedoms which come with that. I'm not feeding the beast. No way.

so you live off everyone else? Yeah, that's freedom alright.

Some people have a very infantile and self serving view of the world.

character is built through sacrifice. Raising a family, being responsible and making a living. we can't all be millionaires lying in the sun eating peaches,
we certainly can't function as a society where everyone sits on there ass doing nothing and expecting a handout when stuff gets tough.

grow up, get a job, get a life and enjoy the bounty of your labour. the traps you fall into are usually set by yourself.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Kanati

There is ancient law, still working here in old good Europe: farmer do not own the field. Farmer own only crops on the field. Field per se is God property. So everybody can walk your field if he do not harm your crops. This law was extinguished in Britain in say 17. century, not fully working in France or Italy (not sure about Spain) but still working in "Mittel Europe". During winter I can freely walk my neighbours fields. The ground, The field, The land can not be possessed - human life is too short. I think original "users" of US space had very similar concept of land possession. They thought about themselves as protectors of the land - not owners. But such idea is crazy in our times for many - current society is not driving people to responsibility.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I laugh at people who think anarchy will work.

HOW? How will no government be better tahn having one?

what about that school system that educated you to a point where you can read what's written here and wriute a response? Was that the result of anarchy?

early america was a republic and confederation of states as declared, not a state of anarchy.

anarchy can only work with small, accountable and responsible populations.

there are far too many lazy minded, lazy body people to even ponder anarchy in the modern world.

somalia is anarchy (without a ruler) right now. Do you think that is preferable to where you are right now in front of your computer that you pay to read this on?

How about Sudan? Prefer that sort of thing?

I wish people would have even one or two thoughts before they start spouting fresh nonsense. Would be lovely as a cuppa!

I would submit to you who want anarchy that you, personally, are not responsible enough, willful enough, or capable enough of living within it. Prove me wrong if you think you are. Get off the grid, stop collecting dole and go out there into teh world an live it.

My money is on "you can't".

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FeralMonkeyMagic

Feeding the beast? No, you don't have to, you actually can write everything off on your Treasury Direct Account that was created for you at birth. File the correct documents and you are out of the system, tax free and debt free, you are a sovereign.

spiritualeconomicsnow.net...

AND;

www.the7thfire.com...

Read it and do it, I have and am happier than hell. When will the rest of you wake up?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

Wow. Some thoughtless drivel from a paid for troll. Moving forward.

WHAT CAN I DO?

1.Use your existing knowledge and training to get yourself setup to work in the "real" world, because whether you like it or not, currency is here to stay and you will need it to buy stuff and exchange your expertise for things. Be it carpentry, pipefitting, sales, manufacturing, what have you. I recommend a skilled trade because white collar "soft skills" won't get you far on your own.

2. Learn about gardening techniques, I mean, enough to keep yourself alive. There is enough know how available out there to make sure you won't die, and diversity in crops will insure you have protection from blight. Water conservation techniques and soil diversity will keep you in production, even in a zone 1 climate. This is not the dark ages. Set up properly, you should only have to work about 8-12 hrs a week on food production. This is not sorcery or wishful thinking, it has been done. Research "Permaculture"

3. Learn about natural building techniques, because you can use cheap-to-free stuff to build an amazingly comfortable space (Straw bale, cob, adobe, papercrete, hempcrete, etc). Typically building permits are not required for buildings under 100 sq ft, although not ideal, it can suffice as temporary living.

4. Try and look at getting some cheap land outside the city, or bunking at an organic farm if this stuff seems too daunting. You will be surprised how quickly you can learn when not trying to pound useless sums of information into your brain. If you can't afford land, chances are you know someone who can, or you have a relative, or as mentioned before, just bunk at an organic farm, and you will get the contacts (and some well needed know how).

5. Learn about passive and active solar, wind turbines, geothermal, heat differential pumps, etc. There is plenty of free documentation out there and if you can get away from whatever takes up your evenings (football, stargate, whatever), you can learn ALOT for free. Electronics knowledge is key, and if you don't understand, find someone who does and is willing to teach. Pumps and heat exchangers are also good to learn up on. Wireless networking also helps. Try hard, and then try harder.

6. Pay down your debt, and if that sounds daunting, it probably is. It took me a loooong time to kill mine off. Getting rid of crap you don't need is key. Not buying crap you don't need is also key. This may mean your house and car too.

7. Get healthy. I don't mean lose weight, because that doesn't denote heath. Eat better, exercise. Don't worry about what you look like, you must concentrate on how you feel. Fast food is for people you don't want to be like.

8. Combine the sum total of your knowledge and build a plan. This short snippet doesn't even begin to explain what a monumental task this is, but then again, you're probably going to be making up for 15-25 years spent in "educational" institutions that gave you not much in the way of usefull skill or knowledge. I don't pretend to act like any of this came easy for me or my family. I guarantee it will be a trial regardless of how smart or talented you are.

9. Don't give up! There is always a solution. You can find yourself commanding your own destiny, but only if you want to put the work in. If you don't like the sound of the last 8 steps, you can kindly go back to "feeding the machine" or whatever, and likely doing stuff you hate for a very long time. I'm not here to judge, so you all know. I went through the rat race myself, I was in and out, up and down, had the lowest paying and highest paying jobs, and I can tell you now; my children will thank me for my ability to provide them with their own choices. Most of us are born into the system with no knowledge of anything different, but if you seek the truth, you will find it. Peace.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Hmm... I live in total freedom, regardless of my 9-5, AND I don't have to be poor.

"Feeding the beast?" I work for a hospital. Helping people. The only 'beast' I am feeding is the one that allows a society with such frivious fancies as posting on a conspiracy theory website to prosper. If you dropped the 'work is hell' attitude, you will probably have a better time in life. AND you might make a few bucks and get laid from time to time.

I don't see how this should depress me! Hahaha

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by argonfritz

You should read Mary Croft's work then, she worked in a hospital for quite some time.

spiritualeconomicsnow.net...

Download her free book on the right in the Icon. It is 97 pages long and a great read for everyone.

What people don't understand is that the government and those within it KNOW they have done wrong and WILL continue to do wrong until WE make it right. They give you the "OUT" but you must find it and TAKE IT.

I have researched this at length and if you go back to my other post here and read the links, you will see the "OUT" and can easily take it. Government was NOT design to enslave man, it was designed to SERVE MAN, are you a MAN or WOMAN, then government must serve you, you ARE the authority in government, the elected officials can do nothing that would violate your existance. Come on here, we all need to work, sure, but we should be able to KEEP all we work for and never be taxed for it.

Corporations are supposed to pay for the infrastructure, WE have Dominion and Divinity. Corporations do not and should not. They are ALLOWED to exist, we are born into existance not created by some machinery or idealogy. What don't people get? I am dumbfounded by it all. Read and learn, take the out and worry not ever again.

Freedom, simple.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by daddio]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I think some of you are just lazy people who are deluding themselves.
Now of course there is a lot wrong with our society, and work can often be a bummer, but as someone who has been unemployed for a while now and who is actively seeking a job, I have to say I WANT a job.

The only thing I got from this thread is that there are people who hate to work and hate to live.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeddissad
reply to post by dalan.

I'm in accord with your view. But I must oppose techno/science neutrality. Science and technology open possibilities (now I'm referring to Heidegger). From my experience I can say that if there is possibility to do something - good or bad - somebody will do it. Science IS and every time WAS political entity. "Holocaust" was based on scientific method. A-bomb is one of greatest inventions of humankind in some respect (we have never had such great energy in our hands before) and how it was initially used? I'm not calling for some ban on science, I just want people to take their responsibility - science/technology is not morally neutral. "Medium is the message ..." to cite classic.
For sure: society is formed to some extent by technology but on other hand technology is not nothing given - we are (or should be) masters of technology. But know is technology and its development in hands of few selected (by whom?) and is used against "us, the people" - we are only lucky that we were not born in Sarajevo or Baghdad.

edit: grammar

[edit on 21-1-2010 by zeddissad]

Oh yes, and I agree very much with what you are saying. Science and technology are tools that we use. Science is a method of observation, and they both can be used for nefarious ends. In the end though what we choose to do with them is up to us. I am in school for software development so that I can try to do something for the people around me so that they can enjoy their lives once again. The majority of the people I know are horribly unhappy with all of their rent, bills, and expenditures.

The one thing that really gets under my skin more than anything is the concept of paying rent. Renters get to struggle just to make ends meet while their landlords get rich off of them, and the really annoying part is that the rent you pay is 90% profit for your landlord.

I know people who do not even work because of the amount of apartments and property they own. So the next time you give your landlord his/her rent check, just remember that they will be out playing around on their Yatch while your stuck at home eating Ramen noodles.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeddissad
Techno-optimism is new "opium of humanity", very similar to religion. In fact breath taking technological development in last 50 years did not solved any social problem. Middle class at western countries is declining from 70's and social gap between rich and rest of population is rapidly widening. In current days technology serve mostly rich and if there is not the holly thing named Internet, I can say that technology serve ONLY rich.
In other words: technology can serve humanity ONLY if society leave current oligarchical social model. At current state of affairs is technology very dangerous because is predominantly in hands of sociopaths and psychopaths.

I agree with you on this.

Though I am quite fascinated and love to learn about advanced technology, transhumanism, futurism, and the like... the cold hard fact remains that all this technology will still be implemented within the SAME faulty system. So... the more powerful the technology, the bigger the benefits, BUT the more serious the consequences. We're playing with the kinds of fire we cannot hope to control wisely forever... at least until our society changes radically. Until that happens, fantasies of a techno-future that solves all our problems is the epitome of a naive pipe dream.

Technology will definitely be useful in transforming society into something better, BUT, it is not going to be the foundation for solutions, merely a tool (literally and figuratively) to accomplish goals of changing the roots of our SYSTEM itself to something freer and more sustainable.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus
I laugh at people who think anarchy will work.

HOW? How will no government be better tahn having one?

what about that school system that educated you to a point where you can read what's written here and wriute a response? Was that the result of anarchy?

early america was a republic and confederation of states as declared, not a state of anarchy.

anarchy can only work with small, accountable and responsible populations.

there are far too many lazy minded, lazy body people to even ponder anarchy in the modern world.

somalia is anarchy (without a ruler) right now. Do you think that is preferable to where you are right now in front of your computer that you pay to read this on?

How about Sudan? Prefer that sort of thing?

I wish people would have even one or two thoughts before they start spouting fresh nonsense. Would be lovely as a cuppa!

I would submit to you who want anarchy that you, personally, are not responsible enough, willful enough, or capable enough of living within it. Prove me wrong if you think you are. Get off the grid, stop collecting dole and go out there into teh world an live it.

My money is on "you can't".

For over 90,000 years BEFORE modern nation-states, humankind lived relatively (to us) very peacefully, sustainably, and more/less happily (without the pandemic insanity of our modern world).

Tribal peoples still live on to this day. Our very democracy/country was BASED in part on the Iroquois League (look it up) which was the product of a NATIVE American (and Anarchistic) society. Speaking of Native Americans, you are quite wrong that early America was a republic/confederation... for most of this country's history, there was no centralized government/economy nor industrialization to speak of. And the people actually got to live on the GOOD land and not herded onto the worst parcels like they are now. Oh and tribal peoples also worked quite a bit less than we do to survive.

I'm not saying we should all become hunter-gatherers, if for no other reason than that the Earth simply can no longer support that with 7 billion people on the planet. However, Anarchism is not only possible, it can be preferable in many ways to hierarchy and civilization... and may actually be necessary to avert further tyranny and environmental collapse.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join