It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avatar & possible subliminal messages within it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
hating popular movies = instant intellectual superiority

i however enjoyed it

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Well]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
i found it nice for the first half, and with a rambo 3 storyboard on the second half. if you are investing hundreds of millions in a film, you don't want original stories ayway.
it didn't affect me in any way, and think that better use of all that money could be done.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Possibly. if so I think I know where he got his research material. See my post on the thread "Audiences experience Avatar blues. here.......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 22-1-2010 by timewalker]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Here's an article made especially for you~

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Avatar was ill. primeval forrest fantasy mix of ecstasy and acid; military/ industrial/sci dictator fascists rape, pillage and spoil planet and people; people are a tribal mix of all colonized genocide-ed earth tribes, pochahontas's boy goes tribal, n his pea shooter revolt wins? history reverses and the under dog wins? don't get any big brain washed ideas earth people, revolt is just a synonym for population reduction, and 80-90% of that technology has been around for awhile

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
To answer one of your questions, I enjoyed Avatar. I appreciated the complex artistry involved as well as the story, but was most impressed by the technology developed and implemented just to pull it off. I took my ten year old son with me to see it, and I was moved to see him demonstrate the same reaction I did to seeing Star Wars in the theater for the first time when I was six. It's been a while since "movie magic" has been visible to my tired eyes.

As for your demonstrative ranting post about free thought and non-conformity over this 'particular incident' with a video game teammate influencing your decision to see the flick, I find your stance ignorant and immature. If you are over stimulated by the constant flooding of Avatar pressure, I can understand that. Like a song over played on the radio. But I find your decision to refuse to entertain the thought of seeing for yourself, based solely on the influence of others, a very sad lack of wisdom and objectivity that I would expect from an adolescent. If your post was intended to garner respect out of a mis-directed attempt at martyrdom, it missed it's mark significantly.

If this thread was made by an adult, I am sadly disappointed. Not in the decision not to see Avatar, but the reasons why you won't.

Trust me, never see it. You would waste your time if this thread is an accurate reflection of your true thought process. It's simply not for you. Cameron and company won't miss your ticket cost.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The movie, to me, reinforced the idea that humans treat life like sh@#, even their own. People can disagree with that but it's absolutely true. No one seems to care about anything but themselves and their immediate family, and/or being successful or satisfied even if it's only temporary. Humans settle for the most simple crap when it come to happiness, like cows.

You watch as the main group of humans are the bad guys. They invade, they take over, kill, steal and ravage a peaceful world that was basically portrayed as majestic without human contact. You see the indigenous, simple and primal way of life that supplies a long term happiness to the aliens AND a few of the humans who learn to see through different eyes. This is the same simple underlying way of life that exist through every living human/thing on earth. The difference is, we have distraction and live a life full of desire and disillusioned necessity and cannot connect to the simple process that leads to true happiness.

In my opinion, a lot of the hype and depression that is being felt by people is the small glimpse at that simplicity. The movie was two and a half hours of what most people long for vs what we really are. It's not the fact that the Na'vi are blue aliens that is so attractive to the brain, but the connection they had in the movie, which we don't.

I don't think people want to be aliens... but the idea, the understanding and interaction the aliens had with their world makes humans and earth look like fat, lazy, greedy, stuck up children with sticks, who don't care what they do to their home or others around them as long as they get their piece...

which is EXACTLY what we are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join