It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever seen a demon?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
double posty

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Zerra]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I wouldn't necessarily classify anything 'demon'. I do classify souls as either low level entities (Earthbound and /or negative qualities) or high level entities (from the light source/God/creator). There are a lot of realms with different creatures and like people they can be good , evil, or somewhere in between.

I have dealt with lower level souls whom attach to people's energy-Human souls who were doing wrong. I work with healer spirits and we get rid of them,. I hate dealing with this kind of situation because I find them annoying, which is why I try to teach other people how to communicate with their loved ones and guides safely. But as for religious 'demons' no I haven't seen them and I would think that if a person who did believe in demons and was very religiously inclined would at first glance judge the creatures I've befriended as evil. Because we are taught through fairytales that the enemy is always going to be 'looks' based-But that's not true. You cannot judge a soul based on whether they look like a beautiful princess with wings or if they look like some green eyed hobbit. The one thing evil cannot fake is their energy-they can't fake love from the creator-light and glowiness yes-love and energy-no.
Same goes for the good guys-They will display a comfy feeling. This keep in mind has to be felt using the heart and intuition-Fear and ego cannot judge this as fear will label everything a monster. This is where it gets very tricky because fear is a powerful source and most people are not able to seperate from their preconceived notions or fears.

I'm also more inclined to take a psychological approach to most exorcisms-I don't find half of them actual paranormal experiences but of mental states that should be dealt with and handled by a professional.

Tis all I will say

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Zerra]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

Now this is interesting ... I've encountered the 'Hat Man' on a few occasions and so has my eldest son ... my youngest son used to have night terrors and once spoke of the 'Hat Man'.

>>> DrJay is the 'Hat Man' a demon ?

I do know that through all the paranormal experiences I've had over the years my encounters with the 'Hat Man' are the only ones that have spooked me to the core.

By the by, for anyone interested if you do an ATS search for the 'Hat Man' there was a great thread on the subject here about a year ago ... you'd be surprised how many people have encountered him.

Woody

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I feel that it is important to note that one religions gods become the next religions demons. Hel was the Norse goddess of the underworld. Satan mean advisary in hebrew and did not become a devil until the christians came along. Djinns were protectors in some civilizations, devils in other. I think that it is important to be able to correctly ID what you are dealing with. I would take what christians say with a grain of salt, no offence ment, it is just that your run of the mill cleric is working with compromisied materials.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Does Cheney count?

or Rumsfeld?

I'd call out Bush, but he's probably in the minor class, a few degrees below full-fledged demon.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
In my opinion, demons are non-sense and is just fear-mongering.
As for the topic question itself, no.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I have been debating whether to post or not but here i am, who care what the trolls say.

i had several experiences when i was young, i really dont like to talk about them and i thought i was crazy for awhile. It started when i was about 10, i woke up one night because i felt something on me, i started screaming because i was covered with 'shadow spiders' there were about 6 of them and they were about a foot wide, completely made of shadow. they all ran away and disappeared when my dad woke turned on the hall light on and i ran out. keep in mind i shared a room with my brother, if he had any experiences then he kept them to himself, he did mention once that he saw a green door open above me one night but that was it. it didnt stop there, at this time i started waking up paralyzed etc. and sometimes it felt as if i was levitating above my bed, maybe a couple inches. i new when it would be a bad night because as i was falling asleep it would start with my legs feeling weightless. after the spiders i remember one night when there were several 'imp' like creatures flying in my room, they would dive at me and we were face to face for a second and then they would go back to circling around the ceiling. they were dark grey-brown in color. and scary at the time. hey had big bulging round eyes and wings and tails, only a couple feet long. i never told my dad or my brother. i do not believe it was linked to the house, more so linked to me. although one night my grandma stayed over and said she had some weird experiences but never went into detail. when we moved nothing happened for awhile until i went to live at a group home/youth shelter after my dad through me out over religious differences. you can only imagine what that was like. it was a black hole of negativity, thats when i first saw the shadow people. one would almost always be at the edge of my bed watching me. and the levitation/paralyzations continued and i had one other experience that i wont talk about, maybe to the OP or woody if they are interested enough. it was a rough couple of years. i may have witnessed one temporary possession there but i am not sure if the kid was faking for attention.

after that i and a group of friends witnessed a manifestation of what looked like a bronze dragon type thing. we were at the edge of the woods around a bonfire. a wind came out of the woods manifested into said form and then dissipated.

I also witnessed a ghost once, i was sleeping in the backroom of an old mill house and a green mist floated into the room, it was pretty crazy but not a demon. i was not the only one to have experiences in that house.

shortly after i started doing drugs, to cope with some of these things maybe, and the door of perception were closed i guess because it all went away, i came out of tat phase (still drink) and i almost never have any experiences. maybe once in a blue moon. but its mild.

as for my original childhood experiences, one thing that convinced me that it wasnt a delusion is that i ran into a guy in california and we got to talking one night and he started telling me about the same progression. when he was young he saw shadow spiders followed by various 'demons'.

i did look into demonology once and there was a group of use that tried to identify one of the demons we collectively experienced but i can remember the name.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Just wanted to add "something" here although I myself have not seen one.

I was in a courtroom today being interviewed as a prospective jurror on a rather un-savory murder trail involving he death of a man by a woman.I was not chosen for the trial so I cannot provide details of the case but only what happened today.

The subject of "Demonic Posession" was actually raised by the defense attorney and a lengthy discussion followed as to whether or not anyone "believed it to be possible/real and had anyone experienced such a thing..."
I kid you not,several people voiced concern and very clear descriptions of what they "knew" to be the truth on the subject.

Although the lawyer had not yet provided the details of the case,it was clear that a plea of "insanity" due to "demonic posession" was being brought up as a very viable option.
So I wanted to add here that I was shocked that people I would not have suspected to state their experiences in public very clearly did so and with considerable conviction.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by irishchic]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
No, and I hope I never do based on stories I've heard first hand and elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
When I was a young teen, my Godmother and I were walking downtown for annual Christmas shopping for my Mom and we came across a small, pale white, older male. I can't remember the first time I saw him, but the second seems burnt into my memory.

We had decided on a book shop and as we were browsing amongst the isles, I happened upon the "New Age" section and looked around.
Suddenly, there he was, dressed in black from head to toe; Black shoes, pants, shirt and blazer. He also wore a black short brimmed hat. He reminded me of the creepy guy from Poltergeist 2.

I don't know if he said anything to me or not, but he seemed to move slowly, not from age, but on purpose. I went back to my Godmother (who is pretty skeptical) and when she saw him she felt so uncomfortable we left soon after.

A couple years back my Godmother and I saw him again walking on a side walk we drove past.

We just had this weird unearthly dread about him. Never left me, really.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Ahh the hatman. All of us in the paranormal or psychology field have encountered tales of him. The descriptions are far too widespread and cross cultural to be a coincidence. Here is my personal take on the hat man.

I believe the hat man not to be demonic in nature. I believe that some spirits that don't enter the afterlife risque losing their quantam entanglement without some sort of purpose and/or an energy source. The hat man and many of these boogeyman type shadow entities,some not all, I believe are former human spirits caught between the so called heavan and hell. I believe this hat man at passing was a strong spirit and represented himself as some sort of diety to absorb energy through worship, almost like a psychic vampire. As time passed he absorbed enough energy and was able to fully manifest. He was able to alter his appearance until he found one that illicited the most fear form his his experience. He maintains this appearance and appears to people in their most vulnerable state, the equillibrium between the waking world and the dreaming world. And he feeds off their fear.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I have. I lived in a haunted house.

One night the picture on my wall was thumping on the wall. It was a poster that still had the plastic stuff over it.

Then a light came through the poster, and the plastic melted. A being stepped through that looked very close to what people call grays. It had dark eyes,
a small mouth that was not reallt a mouth but two slits.

I am very perceptional when it comes to the spirit world.
This thing was pure evil plain and straight. I could sense it. I have seen many spirits in my life, but this thing was just pure evil. I felt it down to my bone.

I knew I just saw a daemon. It came out of the photo ( this wall is where everything came from) and it walked across the room. My front door opened, it went out and it slammed shut.

Even stranger, I looked into the picture after this and could see a reflection of the room, but it was different. Everything was upside down for on,
in my reflection I was wearing a robe, not my current clothing. Some things in the reflection were not in my room. It was really freaky. I was never scared by ghosts etc, but this one scared me enough that I moved out the next day, and left that picture on the wall behind.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritHipHop
Yes I have, Sold my soul to understand everything.

DO NOT DO THIS! YOU WILL REGRET IT!

CRONOS.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by SpiritHipHop]

Ok you seem to post the same thing on every single thread with the word demon in it regardless of the content. Don't do what? Nobody was talking about invoking a demon, especially your buddy Belial.

Perhaps you could elaborate on your experience and perhaps we can get you some help.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Paranormal happenings really interest me, but it is one of the few things that really do scare me.

I appreciate your experiences everyone.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obinhi
I feel that it is important to note that one religions gods become the next religions demons. Hel was the Norse goddess of the underworld. Satan mean advisary in hebrew and did not become a devil until the christians came along. Djinns were protectors in some civilizations, devils in other. I think that it is important to be able to correctly ID what you are dealing with. I would take what christians say with a grain of salt, no offence ment, it is just that your run of the mill cleric is working with compromisied materials.

This is very true. I agree with you.

It seems that a demon is synonymous for evil and I do not agree with that. Demons are not evil, per se. And what is the definition of evil? According to some everything that is not christian, is evil.

Demons are very powerpul and best left alone, although they can be invited. I hate the word summoning, demons are no servants we can order about. They are not human and nothing like us. What really surprises me is that most people seem to be scared of demons and belief them to be very evil and dangerous, and yet a lot of people are very interested in learning more about these powerful beings.
As to your question: I have had several encounters with different kinds of spirits, and a few times with a demonic spirit. The first time I met one was at the age of 18. It was a very frightening experience. Not the presence itself, but the awareness of having spirits around was. I was raised as a christian and was always told that all spirits are demonic. I now know this is not true, but as a teenager the demonic presence was scaring. There was a blackness, a sense of uneasiness. I now realize this is because their energy is so completely different from us and very powerful. It is intimidating and overwhelming and at the same time it can be very stimulating.

[edit on 6-3-2010 by DarknessFollows]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well, dont care if anyone is going to make fun so here goes.

what I saw, or what I thought I saw.

I was around 7, our family went to visit their friends out near the countryside, me being a kid, I would make friends, so me and this new friend from the street went to a park near where we visited, near the street of my familys friends.

Opposite the park some 3 story apartments was there, out of the lobby came this little old man, very small, he was wearing a flatcap, a brown mack so you couldnt see his feet.

All of a sudden he came rushing out moving at a speed I have never seen before, almost buzzing like a fly or wasp, it actually made that sound, like a fly buzzing, remember it clearly as it was darting around us, ya know the film the mask when jim carey puts the mask on and he goes crazy darting around, it was like that, tracers could be seen as he moved around, as it came near, the face got all messed up and distorted and changed, the head was shaking very violently, thats when we both ran back to the street. we both ran meaning we both saw it or thought we saw it.

Maybe we just triggered a reaction to both run, like one got freaked and the other ran automatically, dont know.

I never spoke to anyone about it until a few months ago, I asked my mom if I came back freaked one time at her friends, she said yes, she said I came back all startled, apparently I said the old man was trying to chase us so and my dad went looking for him, never found him.

Now I always put it down to a false memory or a hallucination.

Many people I have spoke about it recently say yeh it was a demon, or a shapeshifter.

Guess I'll never know.

Im sure a doctor would say it was a hullicination or over imagination.

[edit on 6-3-2010 by Sparkey76]

[edit on 6-3-2010 by Sparkey76]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
THat was a very interesting experience, I have never heard of or encountered something like that. Fascinating, but scary!
There should be a destinction made though, that not all spirits are demons, no matter how their sudden appearance can scare us. What scares us, is the unexpectedness, the knowing that we are witnessing something that shouldn't be there. That is the scary part. But not all spirits are demons, or more correctly, most spirits we encounter are not demonic, but mostly humans that have passed away, or nature spirits.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Zerra

"I'm also more inclined to take a psychological approach to most exorcisms-I don't find half of them actual paranormal experiences but of mental states that should be dealt with and handled by a professional."

Yes I agree. There are scary dreams and odd mental states but most people simply do not become possessed. Most of us have several different type of protective spirit around them. In fact any would be exorcist can cause a lot of damamge tending to someon that was not possessed. Even in Possession religions like Vodoun there are tests for possesion.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

www.youtube.com...

That is an apparent demon caught on film.

His current life circumstances made the picture more interesting, that and the fact dog heads don't float around.

Anyway.. Demons are usually spoken about as a figurative thing, your demons, your negativity. It's a word used to simply describe a negative thing. It's not a living breathing thing. At most, it could be a spiritual entity. Still.. a spiritual entity has no physical form.

So.. asking if you've seen one makes little sense. That youtube video is as close as you could get.

[edit on 6-3-2010 by OdovacarDvilhelm]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
yes i, what i believe to have met a demon or some one under demonic influence. i was camping in florida with my wife and we had met a vary nice old man. he had been living on the camp site that we were staying at for quite some time and that way of life was all that he had known. he welcomed my wife and i with fresh caught fish beer and good tidings. we grew to trust him and thought of him as a free willed uncle.

we had met an other family there as well; whom was from west virginia. my wife and i being from maryland and frequently visited west virginia quickly grew to become friends with the family. we were all a bunch of misfit ,pot smoking, hippies whom enjoyed each others company vary much. this being the case we all had respecte and trust for one an other.

we all had planed on giving up the life of the typical social human and to live as free wonderers on Gods great earth. the family shared my wife and i's beliefs in the LORD and our ideas on living free under God. knowing this we felt that we could trust them and that they were good people.

we had stayed at the camp site for a few weeks and decided that maybe it was time to congregate some were new. we all decided on our destination, packed up and headed out.

we ended up at an other great site and set up home. a bout a week go's by and things started to get a little strange. the parents of the west virginian family decided to let my wife and i know that they were swingers and that they found us to be vary attractive. finding this out we grew vary worried about the trust between us. things were still friendly and there was no boundaries broken so we dropped our guard and stayed on course. the whole time the old man was the coolest most trust worthy person that i have ever met and was vary big on trust. he talked about his need for our trust in him all the time. he fed and took care of us with his camping skills, in return for our friend ship and trust.

well about a week and a half into our good time at our new site, the family and the old man had gotten into a spat with the family over a small fight between their dogs. the old man had told the family that they were not welcome in his commune no longer and that he would kill them if they did not leave. he told them that they were not to be trusted and he wanted no part of them. the old man had kept a loaded gun in his tent and the family knew this, so they packed up and left so that there would be no further problems.

once they left the old man had continued to be angry and kept telling my wife and i about how they could not be trusted. he accused them of stealing from him and that the mother of the family tried to have sex with him.

later on that night we had met a few hunters and started up a good old joint circle (passed to the left of course). being high as the highest kites we started up a religion and philosophy discussion. the old man started ranting on and on about how he didnt believe that Jesus was the only way into heaven and that he thought an orgasm was the closest to heaven any one would ever get.

he was wide eyed and became vary angry with God. he had gotten up in a huff and puff, left the party and confined him self to his tent.
the next couple days he had continued his rants on Jesus and God and couldnt seem to drop the subject. my wife and i were getting vary disturbed because this wasnt like him. he was always in good spirits.
a few days later my wife and i had a strange feeling that we could not seem to shake. with this felling hanging over our heads we decided that it might be best to stay to our self's for the day and hung out in our tent.
while i was taking a nap my wife went out side to ask the old man if she could use his cell phone. with a smile and acting like his old self the old man invited her to use the phone......

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join