It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AVATAR killed my patient, Chinese Dr. claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
A Chinese doctor claims watching Avatar killed his patient.

www.news.com.au...

To me this is just another case of someone confusing coincidence with cause and effect. The guy had a long history of heart problems and altho he felt sick (like a lot of people seeing 3-D movies) he didn't succumb until 11 days later.

How many people have heart attacks in movies every year? How many have heart attacks in Church for that matter?

[edit on 19-1-2010 by urwatu8]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
wow, part of me is glad that its not another story like the one i heard a while back about a child that loved playing world of warcraft then killed himself and left a note apparently telling his parents he wanted to be in the game for real.
but you're right when you say how many people have heart attacks in church, its not like religion killed them (unless you want to be incredibly pedantic e.g. if he wasnt religous he wouldnt have been there so he wouldnt be dead).
i think its a bit unfair for him to say avatar killed him, maybe he walked to the kitchen just before he had a heart attack, did the toaster kill him? no.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by james420]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by urwatu8

I do agree w/ you. I did just want to share this with you. It was the 38th episode of Pokemon, where after watching it caused the people to have seizures and 685 people were taken to the hospital. Although it didn't kill anyone it had a effect on a lot of people. here is the wiki link...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Well someones just cashing in on the Avatar craze I guess.

Shame to blame it on that, could be many things that triggered it.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Emiai]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
There may be a queasiness factor involved here, but it was probably and most likely the Chinese medication that really killed him.

Blame it on the lead!

Edit to ask: Was this a pirated version of the movie that this patient watched?

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Alxandro]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by freeyourmind1111

that shocked me, i'd heard people talk about how that cartoon made people have bad effects but i never knew it was that many kids.. wow..

what were the people that made that thinking?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by james420

Yeah, I know right. It's pretty crazy and apparently the makers of that particular episode said that they never intended for that to happen and they didn't do it maliciously. Who really knows though.

top topics

join