It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haiti (Deep Conspiracy)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Cut the crap.

You were the one who mentioned earthquake machines in your original post, which is what I was referring to. I never said anything about earthquakes induced by human activity, these are two very different things. One is a so called machine that has the ability to create earthquakes, the other is activity which can trigger an earthquake as a by product.

You should work on your interpretation skills before replying to posts and making ignorant claims that someone isn't doing their research.

If you're that sensitive that you refer to my comments as "hurling insults" then maybe you should stay away from the internet.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Albastion

Good job exposing the strange connections with the Red Cross. If I donate I will try to use a charity that will give 100% of the money to the disaster victims instead of hoarding it for "future disasters"...

No charity can give 100% of the income to the victims, as there are obvious running costs that need to be covered. I think that as long as no-one is making a profit, then they can be trusted.

Example: I was recently asked to donate to a children's charity based in India. I thought "seems a worth while charity". But I always research prior to donation.

Check out the income compared to expenditure here for last year.

Seems to be exactly £30k missing somewhere, and only 2 trustees. I'm not saying that they are definitely ripping people off, but they ain't getting a penny off me!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by StevesResearch

Cut the crap.

You were the one who mentioned earthquake machines in your original post, which is what I was referring to.

What I Actually Said:

Edrick
I keep hearing Theories about how the Haiti Earthquake was *CAUSED* by some earthquake machine, or Bombs or whatever....

And I tell ya, it looks less and less far fetched the deeper into this story I go.

I never said anything about earthquakes induced by human activity, these are two very different things.

Machines are a form of human activity.

One is a so called machine that has the ability to create earthquakes, the other is activity which can trigger an earthquake as a by product.

Like a Bomb?

That has the byproduct of causing an Earthquake?

Would this not fit into the category of "Earthquake Machine" if used for this purpose?

You should work on your interpretation skills before replying to posts and making ignorant claims that someone isn't doing their research.

You claimed that a human made device capable of causing earthquakes was "Paranoid"

I have proved to you that humans have the knowledge and capability to do just that.

So, it is not paranoid to say such things, as you would seem to indicate.

If you're that sensitive that you refer to my comments as "hurling insults" then maybe you should stay away from the internet.

Calling someone paranoid, about claiming that human technology can cause earthquakes, when we have CLEAR evidence that such a thing is possible.. is an AD HOMENIM ATTACK.

Especially since you did not attempt to pose a counter argument, but merely attempted to label me "Paranoid"

This is a logical Fallacy known as "Appeal to Emotion" and "Ad Homenim Attack"

If you do not have an argument, then do not hurl insults as a substitute.

IT makes your position look weak.

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by evo190

Good thread with lots work done to make the connections.

Haiti has needed a major makeover for a long time, sustaining an impoverished nation with a corrupt government infrastructure is just a waste of resources.

This is a great example of the NWO using the Tesla oberestechnisches to clean house.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The name of the secret society, the Rosicrucians translates into English as the Rose Cross or Rosy Cross. It seems like a small step to go from the Rosy Cross to the Red Cross. I'm not sure if there is a connection between the Rosicrucians and the Red Cross organization but the similarity in names really makes me wonder.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Let's not forget what Sec Cohen said back in 1997;

COHEN ADDRESS 4/28 AT CONFERENCE ON TERRORISM
Terrorism, Weapons of Mass Destruction, and U.S. Strategy
Sam Nunn Policy Forum
April 28, 1997 University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia.

Others are engaging even in an
eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off
earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic
waves.

www.fas.org...

[edit on 20-1-2010 by abluecollarvoice]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Ever see Oceans 13? What if ya had a couple of those tunneling machines digging around a fault line? Might cause a bit of a quake? Or is that all Hollywood theatrics? Just a random thought as I pass through this thread.

P

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
Hate to be cynical here, but there is no more human touch in the world today. Rarely does one do an act of kindness from the kindness of their heart without expecting payback.

You got Clinton and Bush and you got Rwanda and Darfur. Hard to believe after they played possum during those massacres they have grown a conscience.

That's an excellent point Sphinx. I thought it also and said in another thread the following: “Bush and Clinton, together again for the first time!” Why them, why now? On the surface it seems reasonable, they are former presidents and they can attract the attention needed here. Neither of these men is beloved however and this from a conspiracy angle seems a way to ingratiate them once again with the country. You mentioned Rwanda and Darfur, keep in mind also that it was Bush with a lack luster performance during Katrina. Of course “handcuffed” by the Louisiana Democrats.

One might say that Clinton makes sense with him being the UN envoy. This from October of last year:

United Nations Special Envoy to Haiti, former United States president Bill Clinton, has led a delegation of 500 business leaders from around the world to the Caribbean country in a bid to unlock what he called Haiti’s “great potential for development.”

Addressing the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) in the capital, Port-au-Prince, yesterday, Mr. Clinton said that “this is the right time to invest in Haiti, to help build a better neighbour, a reliable business partner, an alluring tourist destination, and a more prosperous home for its hard-working, resilient people.” – UN News Center

Here’s the entire article:
Now is the time to invest in Haiti, UN envoy Bill Clinton says during latest visit

Clinton says all the right things here. That was always his strong suit. To my mind Bush sticks out like a sore thumb included in this scenario. I saw an ad with both of them and Clinton was as serious as a heart attack and Bush had his trademark grin on. He simply can’t contain the idiot within. Is this teaming a bi-partisan coming together for the greater good? I would like to think that but I don’t. What would make more sense superficially would be to enlist Carter as a spokesperson for the relief efforts. Isn’t Carter the hands on, serve the people guy? Is there that much animosity toward Carter from his Middle-East dealings even within the Democratic Party to exclude him? Or has his doppelganger broken down again?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Last time I donated blood to the Red Cross was right after learning the differences between a "Person" as a corporation and an Individual as. . . well and individual, so I found it a bit odd that when being processed during intake prior to donation that I wasn't being addressed as an Individual but as a "Person".

Those that aren't informed about the difference, here's a quick rundown;
A Person is a corporation referred to by their SSN given to them upon birth (US) as well as their full name in all caps.
An individual is referred to by their name with only the first letter of their name capitalized per name e.g. Mr. or Mrs. Such and Such.

Now why would a humanitarian aid organization refer to me as the corporation that bears my name rather than me as an individual? Why would they need to know if I'd been in certain countries during certain periods of time aside from determining the safety of my donation?

www.redcrossblood.org...

On another note, I wonder if anyone in Haiti saw anything in the sky that would indicate HAARP activity relevant to the quakes?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

If you really meant that earthquake machine, human activity, bomb are the same thing then you should have made that clear in your first post. Instead you presented them as seperate theories.

A bomb is indeed a potential earthquake triggering device but we're talking about an earthquake measuring 7 on the richter scale not little tremors. There is no evidence linking human activity with MAJOR earthquakes. Judging by the way in which the op was presented and saying earthquake machine implies some sort of top secret weapon. After all your argument is that the government is behind this tragedy isn't it?

I was already aware of the effects that human activity can have on the environment so you haven't PROVEN anything to me. I'm referring to this "Earthquake Machine" you alluded to earlier as "looking less far fetched the deeper you delve into this story".

Saying the government is somehow responsible for this earthquake IS being paranoid. Think about how outlandish this argument is - the government creates earthquakes.

I think my position is pretty strong actually, I'm not the one making far-fetched claims. You need to present something more substantial to back these up if you want people to take your argument seriously.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I don't see any conspiracy in the earthquake or the "charity" heaped upon Haiti. There is plenty to see right out in the open of what LED to their decimation.

Actually, "Decimate" is wrong because it means to "reduce by a tenth," and Haiti has had worse with 4 hurricanes and this latest spate of earth quakes.

The really annoying thing, is the media and the hype that we are so "charitable." Their Sugar exports were destroyed so that our kids could have sodas with Corn Syrup (at a higher price and cost to health than sugar). Most medical donations from US pharma corps are tax right-offs of expired drugs they can't sell, so it actually makes them money. Are any of the News Organizations who tell us about the crooked mechanic at the auto repair shop going to follow that? No. Only the little upstart crooks are covered and the big ones buy the commercials.

I'm not a fan of Cuba -- but our media NEVER reports things correctly. They said "relief and medical aide couldn't get to Haiti" -- but you saw medical workers. Cuba already had 400 doctors and nurses appointed to the country and a medical tent set up before even our media arrived. They were also first on the scene in Louisiana and it took 3 weeks for our own Bush administration to send in medical teams -- but, we can understand that Bush wasn't really motivated because the more people who left would mean his buddies creating golf courses could have more land to gentrify.

Obama said we'd apportion $100,000,000 to aide Haiti. You can see that 1/4th of that AT LEAST is going to go to having an aircraft carrier which costs $2 Million per day to operate. Having soldiers hand out plastic water bottles,... Limbaugh's quote of "meals on wheels" is just an example of what a mouthpiece this pile of corporate excrement is -- because these military guys get paid and cost money regardless of what they are doing. However --- why should Limbaugh be upset about MORE money funneled to our military, which the whole "war on terror" is a great excuse for? Meh, if it were a Republican sending in aide it would be great -- you know his opinion before he utters it.

It is heartwarming to see people from the US help Cuba -- and I believe it comes from their own empathy. It is true and good. But from companies that have been making profits by keeping Haiti poor and struggling since they paid off their slave-masters decades ago --- after the cameras leave, they will go back to extracting whatever they can out of these people.

The REAL reason our military is probably there, is to protect the US appointed puppet government in Haiti that keeps people poor and working.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by riddle6

it will truly be NEWS when and if the real motivation comes to light. I do beleive our buddys castro and chavez will be receiving a visit from an un invited freind death.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Great work OP. It seems whatever rock you look under you find something that doesn't seem right.

The world seems to be losing its compassion and it starts at the top. While the public, the underling military personel and small charities seem to still care and are genuine in their efforts. I see something quite different from our leaders and other global organizations.

This thread has certainly raised some interesting questions.

Is there really oil in Haiti?

Was an EQ set off with the intention of "loosening" the reserves and lending an excuse for the presence of "contruction" projects to hide the real motive of drilling?

Is Haiti's location a strategic logistical benefit for certain military motives with only an excuse needed to bring in a "presence"?

Was this a new large construction project "created" for contract tendering as secretly promised to the connected elite for go knows what?

Was this a "test" run for something bigger or closer to home on the horizon?

It is certainly interesting to see the relationships/interests of those at the top of such an organization. Perhaps, when the charity/money is doled out to the companies who will rebuild. It will go to such things like telecom infrastructure, heavy construction and the money laundered through investment firms.......

So the people who donate their hard earned money end up financing a rebuild through pre-selected corporations who gain lots of business at market rates. Instead of food and water your money is lining the elites pockets once again.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by StevesResearch

If you really meant that earthquake machine, human activity, bomb are the same thing then you should have made that clear in your first post. Instead you presented them as seperate theories.

I referenced the earthquake "Theory" in passing in my Original Post, the main point of the post was the oddness of the connections between major corporations that stand to profit from the disaster relief, and the people in the Red Cross responsible for allocating donation money.

The Earthquake comment that I made, WAS to allude that the Earthquake was man made (Not necessarily Government Made, mind you), but that was not the main thrust of my original post.

As to what possibly COULD have caused the Earthquake (Man Made) I never really made a direct claim to have that knowledge.

I merely asserted that the story makes more sense, if an earthquake WAS triggered intentionally, as the connections would give credence to this theory.

A bomb is indeed a potential earthquake triggering device but we're talking about an earthquake measuring 7 on the richter scale not little tremors. There is no evidence linking human activity with MAJOR earthquakes. Judging by the way in which the op was presented and saying earthquake machine implies some sort of top secret weapon.

Earthquakes are natural events, that are caused by the sudden slip of two tectonic plates.

These plates build up pressure as they tend to move in different directions, and they "Stick" to each other at the fault.

When the pressure builds up too much, they can release suddenly, causing an earthquake.

A powerful enough explosive device could "Dislodge" the stuck plates, and cause the release of the energy prematurely.

So, in essence, it is not so much a man made earthquake, but a man TRIGGERED earthquake.

We have known how earthquakes form for decades, and the knowledge of how to TRIGGER earthquakes has been well studied.

It is not outside the realm of possibility to think that tectonic pressures could be monitored, and released at the right time to create a devastating earthquake.

After all, the earth itself provides the force, all we have to do is to trigger it.

After all your argument is that the government is behind this tragedy isn't it?

Not the government "Per Se", as the government is made up of people, and some of them have agendas that are not uniform throughout the government structure.

I am talking about wealthy corporate interests (Multinationals) who have MUCH influence OVER the government through bribes, campaign airtime, investments in states, etc...

IT is more corporate than Government.

I was already aware of the effects that human activity can have on the environment so you haven't PROVEN anything to me. I'm referring to this "Earthquake Machine" you alluded to earlier as "looking less far fetched the deeper you delve into this story".

My meaning behind this:

I had already heard the stories about the Haiti earthquake being manmade (Triggered), but I could think of no reason WHY someone would do something like that.

No motive, so to speak.

When I began connecting these dots, I saw how it could be possible to gain LARGE amounts of money through investment in the corporations that the Red Cross would use for relief efforts.

Since the Board of governors of the red cross, are intimately linked to these companies, they could make sure that their companies got "First Pick" sweetheart contracts with all of the millions of dollars of donations.

The MOTIVE came into view.

The MOTIVE for TRIGGERING an EARTHQUAKE.

That was my meaning.

Saying the government is somehow responsible for this earthquake IS being paranoid. Think about how outlandish this argument is - the government creates earthquakes.

Again, Corporate, not Government.

And it is not paranoid at all.

This is known as a False Flag. (Although not terrorism)

Think of it like Insurance Fraud.

Someone taking advantage of an "Accidental Destruction of Property" to get a return on their investment.

IT is not outlandish, although the SCALE of the thing is a little daunting to believe, I will grant you that.

But people do similar things all the time.

I think my position is pretty strong actually, I'm not the one making far-fetched claims. You need to present something more substantial to back these up if you want people to take your argument seriously.

I presented my argument quite reasonably and satisfactorily.

My argument was NOT the earthquake.. My argument was the dubious ties to Disaster Profiteering.

The Earthquake thing was a bit of "Hunch" or "Intuition" thrown in at the end.

And, for the 4th time.... I never said that this Earthquake *WAS* man made.

*NOT ONCE*

I said that it was plausible, possible, feasible, DOABLE...

I do *NOT* have to validate my *OPINION* with Solid Evidence.

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
No charity can give 100% of the income to the victims, as there are obvious running costs that need to be covered. I think that as long as no-one is making a profit, then they can be trusted.

This is very true but what kind of ruined it for me was simply the list of the Red Cross board members

1 look at those names and their "day job" positions says to me that they're not in it because they're "giving" individuals. They're in it to make some green!

--edited for spelling

[edit on 20-1-2010 by TXRabbit]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread along similar lines to this earlier on, but came across this one and decided to post it here as well.
If reposting the same thing in two threads is against the rules, please delete.

I did see a Louis Theroux Weird Weekends episode where he went to a survivalist camp (Nearly Heaven was the name), and there were some Neo Nazis talking about how the NWO were planning on placing Nuclear explosives at strategic points along various faultlines to cause earthquakes so they could move in and take over the countries concerned by providing 'aid'.
I did re-watch what I thought was the same episode, but the bit I referred to above wasn't there anymore.
..or maybe there were two episodes and I watched the wrong one....

For the record, I am NOT a Neo Nazi, nor do I sympathise with any of their beliefs. Nor am I saying this IS a NWO conspiracy, but it did come to mind when I found out about this.

Thought it may be of interest to someone.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by QtheQ
The name of the secret society, the Rosicrucians translates into English as the Rose Cross or Rosy Cross. It seems like a small step to go from the Rosy Cross to the Red Cross. I'm not sure if there is a connection between the Rosicrucians and the Red Cross organization but the similarity in names really makes me wonder.

Seriously?

Of all the crap that is going on and is NOT GOOD in this world -- do we really have to look under the covers like this? There isn't a name anyone can come up with that doesn't have some historical significance -- except maybe "WalMart" because, heck, it's a made up word. It doesn't stop them from importing everything, paying their workers so little and giving them training courses on how to get "public assistance" while working.

The Red Cross, might make some schmuck in a suite happy. Sure. You give them blood, and they sell it too hospitals. But they also distribute blood to people who need it and show up at emergencies.

If you want to look at waste, fraud, inefficiency -- there are MANY more examples with Evangelical Churches. The 700 Club diverted funds to mining equipment and actually helped hire mercenaries in Central America.

I think MOST charities suck and are really wasteful and poor ways to help solve problems. Little old ladies with lots of extra time, spend all day in committees. 80-90% in overhead compared to about 3% for government.

When WE do it through government -- people learn they can depend on it. The "religion" that gets preached in this country is that "entitlements are bad" but the only alternative to that is the social Darwinist approach -- how does that work out for Haiti and Mexico? They are getting plenty of charity right now -- but it's too little and too late, and it means you can't even get a bulldozer or a heavy lift helicopter to a scene.

A lot of people are going to die in Haiti, for simple injuries that could be taken care of at any clinic in the US.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Also of interest is that the US embassy in Haiti is the 5th largest in the world, it was finished in 2008 and is on a 10 acre "compound". Why would we build a billion-dollar embassy in Haiti?

HAITI: Officials dedicate new US embassy compound
The Associated Press, June 24, 2008

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - U.S. officials are celebrating the official opening of a $75 million embassy compound in the Haitian capital.

Behind imposing walls and set back from the street on a former sugarcane field near the Port-au-Prince airport, the 10-acre compound features an atrium, space for more than 1,000 workers and a swimming pool.

www.margueritelaurent.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmojo
Did the US or someone else use an earthquake machine to cause the earthquake for financial gains?

No, of course not. That's just silly and paranoid.

Are there people out there trying to make money off this?

Yes, of course there is. There will always be those who prey on the weak.

Is the Red Cross evil?

Of course not, they do a lot of good... but they are also in it to make money. There are plenty of other organizations you can give to or just give clothes and food items to food shelters. You don't HAVE to give to the Red Cross. It isn't your ONLY choice.

I find it strangely humorous, in a dark way, that when a national disaster such as this strikes we all send millions and millions of dollars to these people. YET everyday thousands are starving and homeless all through out the world.

A person goes to Walgreens and gives 5 bucks to the red cross for Hati and leaves the store feeling like he actually did something. BUT the rest of the year he gives nothing to all those homeless and starving as he buys his video games and gorges himself on Cheetos and Mountain Dew?

My point here is that as humans we blind ourselves to the homeless and starving until there is a huge disaster and then we give money to alleviate our guilt from not helping out the rest of the time.

And I'm not saying all of you. There are really good people out there. I'm more like the guy who give 5 bucks at Walgreens, so I'm not tooting my own horn here. But this has opened my eyes to my own hyprocrisy and I am going to try better in the future to help out more.

I'm just curious what you all think on here.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Alienmojo]

I agree with you on your opinion that the US didn't use HAARP or some other earth manipulating machine in an effort to make some money, as that seems just too far fetched!

I also think you made a great point that the Red Cross is a for profit organization just like any normal corporate company. They do help to get a portion of the donated funds where they need to go. But, like the OP said they do hold their own fate in their hands, and most people should research were all the donated money goes before making contributions.

But, I really had to comment about your statement comparing homeless people around the world to the people in Haiti, in need of immediate help and restructure! Their entire infastructure is destroyed and they desperately need assistance. I agree poverty stricten third world countries do need help too and many financially stable people don't donate enough to these charities... but, they haven't just been hit by multiple earthquakes!! It is complete chaos out there!

I do see your point though, it shouldn't take a natural disaster for people with money and power to realize they need to step up and help. A lot of countries are in real need but, most people won't even glance their way, as no natural disaster has struct.

But, before we think about other third world countries, we really need to get our country in fitting condition across the nation! their is poverty in our own country, their are bad education systems in place... So you tell me what comes first?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Ok, perhap's not an oil conspiracy, but, consider this..... " What if, the One World Government initiative was not going so well, and they staged Haiti, as a way to show that the world could truly work as one, (i.e) Iran, and China, working to help victims with the USA, and so on. Everybody come's together for this event, and they use this as an example, later on, in order to show that the world truly is one, and we can all get along, if the crisis is great enough, so why can't we get along, without the crisis, so to speak... see what I'm getting at, it's an Operation designed for benefit, to the PTB on down the road. While also, being an excellent test run, for decimating a population, that they feel, is not going to be missed. Why not run this, on the poorest most misbegotten country in the world first, to see if they can get away with it, and then move on from there". Anyway, just some thoughts, guess we'll see where it goes from here.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by freetree64]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join