It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Year old boy has Time Machine plan that works

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Yes it is truly I ,Gentill Abdulla, who is on this forum. I am looking over a lot of forums mostly to answer any questions about my designs. So any questions?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

I'll PM you something of my own. If you are really him, I love you for taking the first step others would not. Great luck, young man.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Alright.And just so you know I would never come out with my idea
without being absolutely sure first.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by atzmaz

Hey, I don't know if you missed my earlier post or not. Gentill posted his contact info in the IReport. Here it is.

>SNIP<

I don't know if the Gentill who just joined this thread is legit or not. But I suppose you can certainly U2U him and find out.

Remember though, discern always. Deny ignorance.

[Mod Edit - Removing email address. Please don't post those in a thread]

[edit on 1/21/2010 by yeahright]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
It's certainly questionable, but it's hard to explain it so people can completely grasp it the same way as you see it; that's dang near impossible. lol Maybe we should have faith in the kid for at least a test, it seems inexpensive, unless it allows the things from the past in, there shouldn't be too much worry.. except for getting stuck in the past or affecting the past to completely altering the future.. just those things lol Then again if vertical time is true.. there's too much to think about!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Honestly i hope his theory is wrong and that no human ever possesses the technology needed to travel in time. you put that kind of power into the wrong persons hands and... well theres nothing that could stop them. They could rewrite earths entire history in a matter of minutes. For example if you put a time machine in the hands of a Jewish survivor of the holocaust he would most likely go back to the moment when Adolf Hitler was born and assasinate him as he took his first breath. And who knows what this world would be like if the holocaust never happened. who knows one second you could be sitting on your computer and the next second it would be as if you never even existed.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUltimatum

There is the question of the multiverse. Also inside most singularities there is another universe. So if I open it it would expose the universe. And to all the questions about the beam of light that was an EXAMPLE. The light beam is that age because it is used as a differentiator. If I have a light beam a 1000 years old I can go back 1000 years. How do I get this light beam light has certain wavelengths so I can create OLD Light and I can create FUTURE LIGHT.Just to recap every time we time travel ,we are time traveling into another universe.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by Gorman91

of all the higher intelligent species of Earth, only man has been on a genocidal crusade to kill off or enslave every other thing on Earth.
I think the main reason that all the other ' higher intelligent species of Earth ' haven't killed off or enslaved every other thing is that they don't have opposable thumbs. Oh, they are not that intelligent either. If man has tried to kill off or enslave every other thing on Earth, I missed it.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by butcherguy]
Straw man, my arse. I was referring directly to your quote above! Please re-read it. Nothing there about aliens, and you specifically mention Earth! If you want to consider all wild animals enslaved, feel free. But check out the Meaning of enslavement....www.thefreedictionary.com... ... Thank you.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder

Uhm if it goes a picosecond back into the past it is indeed time travel. Time travel is time travel it doesn't matter how much time you can traverse using said machine.

And we're still waiting on your evidence

[edit on 19-1-2010 by constantwonder]

I wasn't going to jump in here but you are so ridiculously smug that I had to. I can even hear your snikering.
You are demanding evidence of a negative and yet haven't offered up any yourself on a postive. You can't "prove" a negative, but you sure should be able to prove a positive, so let's have it.. where is YOUR proof? Real proof.

We're waiting...

What you have offered is theoretical, nothing proven and frankly, beyond any feasible attempts.

While he may not offer proof that time travel is not possible, the mere fact that there are no time travelers from the future here now... or has ever been in the past... PROVES that there are no time travellers and thus.. time travel is not possible.

You cannot simply subscribe to "this is the first timeline" theory as that is busted as soon as there is time travel and thus, or perception would be the new reality.

Time travel does not exist and will not exist, proof isn't required on THIS side of the claim.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sunspot0

Stop him! This kid may be bright, but he is tredding in waters that no 13 year old should tread! One mistake and he could destroy all of us! And what 13 year old boy doesn't make mistakes!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
After thinking a bit about this boys theory. I wonder if it is possible to use light to look into the past. I dont think traveling physically in time is possible. But could it be possible to project images of the past by capturing the light from the past?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gormly

When I read your statement earlier, I started to reply. Then I hesitated, and eventually I decided not to. And when someone else posted, I read your statement again, and this time, I choose not to ignore it.

I have always found myself puzzled by statements such as yours. The "Because time travelers aren't here now, they don't exist" theory. It perplexes me. And, it seems a bit arrogant to shut out such a possibility simply because we have no verifiable proof.

I certainly wouldn't go so far as to say time travel IS possible, but nor will I say it is NOT possible.

A theory that I have always been interested in, is that UFO's could somehow be time travelers. Observing from a distance. Not "stepping" on history as to change their present.

If you look at Renaissance UFO paintings, they like to draw UFO's at important events in history.

Renaissance UFO Paintings

I can neither conform nor deny the possibility of time travel. Can you truly?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
After thinking a bit about this boys theory. I wonder if it is possible to use light to look into the past. I dont think traveling physically in time is possible. But could it be possible to project images of the past by capturing the light from the past?

When you look into the sky on a clear night, the light from stars that may have burned out thousands of years ago projects their image on the retina of your eyes. All light, by the time it reaches your eyes, is in actuality just a glimpse of the past.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Wouldn't the size of the magnets (and thus, strength) be a huge limitation?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by scrybe

correct

and another " minor issue " our ` self proclaimed genius ` has over looked / ignored is :

when the magnets are heated

what happens ?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Ah yes, that too. When a magnet is heated, its molecular structure becomes more chaotic, and it will lose its magnetism. So, I'm not sure where he was going with heating the magnet.

Also, even if this were to work, any environment (and any devices in the vicinity, including our genius) would be instantly consumed by the black hole, as the energy of the black hole would instantly overcome all other forces, like gravity, light and a little something called atomic structure!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla
reply to post by TheUltimatum

There is the question of the multiverse. Also inside most singularities there is another universe. So if I open it it would expose the universe. And to all the questions about the beam of light that was an EXAMPLE. The light beam is that age because it is used as a differentiator. If I have a light beam a 1000 years old I can go back 1000 years. How do I get this light beam light has certain wavelengths so I can create OLD Light and I can create FUTURE LIGHT.Just to recap every time we time travel ,we are time traveling into another universe.

This is fairly accurate. When a person travels to the past he immediately exits this dimension and enters an alternate dimension "between" multiverses. He will emerge into another "mirror" dimension not unlike his own with maybe a few tweaks. The further back you go the more different it will be. He would not affect the dimension from which he came at all as that dimension is separate from the similar one he is now in. The same would be for time future. The further ahead you go the more different it will become, and you will only be entering into one possible future, perhaps created by the thought of what you believe it to be. Hence, thought itself may be the steering wheel of time travel to a certain degree for time future.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by scrybe

Hoo-haaah! Think of the headlines, ' Boy genius heats magnets, creates black hole.... Black hole eats boy.... and everything else. We may now be time travelling
not sure
singularity..........

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Magnets and time travel...

Magnets, when heated lose their magnetism. However, there is no need to heat up magnets. What do magnets do when they're not sticking to something receptive to them ? They are creating a stable field or "curvature" of sorts, and that is where it all begins. Who knows if time travel isn't perfected by something rather simple but mathematically correct such as the proper alignment of magnetic force. We don't need a black hole, but proper field instead. We know that all matter oscillates at certain nuclear vibrations and changes from mass to energy to mass again. So we know change is possible. Now let's say I want to manipulate the process of that change so that the "information" contained in a momment of change can be reproduced. I should appear at the point of change where that information was correct. Knowing that time passing is merely universal change, or a process of constant change. I'll say it like this, pretending for a moment.

I build a large ring of circular magnets. There are 24 sets of magnets each containing a smaller ring of 24 magnets which rotate 2400 times per revolution of the main ring. In the center of the ring are another set of magnets similar to the first outer ring and do likewise yet rotate at a rate desired. Now, I also place an exact copy of this opposing the first so that they face each other. Now I begin. When I turn on the machine, each super ring of magnets rotates counterclockwise to the other. They are positioned in such a way to create an overlapping field of flux lines that intersect that which is placed in the center between the rings. Once started, time either dilates or contracts depending on the speed and direction of the rotation of the magnetic fields. When a proper harmonics is built up, the object will dissolve from the present to a time where the harmonics is equal to that which has been produced.

This hypothesis is based on the expansion concept of the universe. Each second that time pases, the universe is less dense than the second before and thus it's vibration changes as well. So contraction and expansion (dilation) is key to time travel.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Fromabove]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
So Gentill, im curious as to what sort of hardware you would need to create this, i mean can you go to the local hardware store and bang it out in a weekend or would you be needing the backing of a forward thinking philanthropist that could invest and make sure you have the right materials.
Maybe there would be a government that would be interested in helping you achieve your goal, i know many others would be interested in following this project aswell.

You may not be seeking fame(or possibly are) with this but you realise that if true, it will find you. Maybe you can document and record your progress as you go along. What do you hope to achieve in bringing this forward to the world?

You say you are absolutely sure about this, how do you know exactly that it will work? Have you trialed this before?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join