It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Year old boy has Time Machine plan that works

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
this involves creating two black holes. Isn't anyone the slightest bit concerned about someone trying this and actually making the black holes? I mean we're only beginning to scratch the surface about what we know in this area.

Just a few years ago they discovered one in the middle of most, if not all, galaxies.

We then found out that black holes produce huge gamma ray jet streams.

More recently it has been theorized that everything is made up of tiny black holes.

Some yahoo with a laser and some magnets in 20 years could mess things up trying to bring back his dog...

[edit on 20-1-2010 by sstark]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
You need to tell this kid he needs to be thinking about chicks and leave the time travel stuff to his later years in life, unless he is really ugly or something.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sstark

Thats a very valid point you make and for me there are just way too many if's and but's in this whole thread.
Time travel would lead to catastrophic problems if handled incorrectly and i don't care what anyone says there is no one in on this planet that could handle such a responsibility.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
What I just read was a kid who likes magnets, has some wild imagination about how they work. If magnets could create magnetic singularities, I am certain by now this discovery would have been accomplished.

As for the blue light 1000 years old and suddenly we get to time travel along it is also total rubbish.

How is the light, passing through this quasi fantastical magnetic fart going to shift the fabric of time space allowing anything of any scale to just happily ride along it.

Even if it did work, it sounds like you the traveler also have to reduce to a singularity to ride the wild time travel wave.

Which would be scary if this rubbish wasn't more founded on magnetic nonsense then science.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by YouAreDreaming]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I always tell the youth that going back in time is totally possible. Visually.
All you have to do is shoot some mirrors way out there into space.
Focus them back into a VCR and get some popcorn.
The problem is that NASSA sucks and is freekin stuck in low earth orbit drinking their own urine

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by np6888

Well I have a theory along with other physicists that all physical matter has at its core structure a black hole. And would site the Phrase "As above; So Below" I will give you an explanation of what I mean; or at least will try to make it as simplified as I can.

The structure of an atom in the Nucleus contains Protons that are tightly compacted together in a sphere like structure; but according to physics these particles should be repelling each other not staying together. We say the reason for this is a Strong Force applying outside pressure on the protons and hence the outcome of the protons staying together. I would ask "What is this Strong Force?" It is like religion siting "God" as a process of faith;in Science "Strong Force" is no different in terms of faith. But, as a Scientist I try and see things from the Macro Universe and from the Micro Universe being one in the same; sense you can see many similarities in the two IE orbital structures and forces applied etc..

I look at our Universe and see what in my opinion is keeping us in this structural form a Super Mass Black Hole at the center of our Galaxy. Which if you were to look at it from above is similarly designed like a molecule, atom and subatomic particle in the Micro Universe. Therefore it is my opinion that at the center of the Nucleus of an Atom is a subatomic Micro Black Hole creating gravitational effects on its surroundings which is why the protons stay tightly compacted together. If my opinion is correct; and I believe it is; that would mean that all structures in space at its center core contain a black hole in varying degrees and sizes.

If this statement is true then at the Center of the Earth you have a black hole surrounded by the crust of the earth. You say "Well why does it not suck everything in that surrounds it?" and the answer is simple really; if the size of the Black hole were the size of a basket ball; you would be in what is called the weak force region (meaning you are far enough away from the event horizon to still feel its effects on the surface but not close enough to be devoured by it (this effect can be represented by the effects of the Super Mass Black Hole at the center of our Galaxy.

Going along with this hypothesis you would also have purge points or a dual torus vortex created by the interior black hole. This would mean at the North Pole and South Pole of the Earth you would have an entrance to the center. I ask anyone to provide a clear image of the North Pole of the Earth or for that matter the South Pole from space?

Then like a six year old explain to me why 68% of the Satellites pointed at the Sun are owned by the Vatican. (this is a hole other subject)pun intended.

Sincerely

TheGhost

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I'd like to know how you use a blackhole to go anywhere but the afterlife. Seeing as how they are generally composed of massive dense heavenly bodies (like blue super giants) that collapse in on themselves and are compacted to the size of an atom to cause a very deep warping of space. This means that blackholes aren't a 'wormhole' in the sense that they have a place where matter is spewed out at. They just continue to suck matter into them and crush it with everything else that gets pulled in there. The concept of going "backwards" in time is retarded as well. Considering that time is relative and also created by mankind to keep track of such things as crop seasons and whatnot. Even if you could travel instantly, you cannot go back in time, you will arrive after you left, not before. Even if it is only a billionth of a billionth of a second after you left, it's still after and not before.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MolecularPhD

Anybody can type a few words into google and come up with the same explination you just did mate please just stop trying to prove to everyone you're the next Stephen Hawking it's getting a little lame.

Sincerely

KOG

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

like what? It's easy to make a statement like that but please help other understand what you are thinking. Backup your bark.

I don't see how any of this would work at all but that's because I'm just not that bright

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by KeeperOfGenisis

Actually, I would not want to be the next Stephen Hawking's; as a Scientist I find Stephen to be rather closed minded. And you are correct this idea is not new in the world of physics; and their are many physicist outside myself that are starting to believe this to be fact not theory. Do not be surprised if in the next twenty or so years this is in every physics class on earth. Nothing can stay hidden forever; the truth will come to light; maybe not in my life time but it will evidentially.

Thank You for your comments.

Sincerely

TheGhost

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Time dilation is a very misleading concept. What's actually happening is that the object is aging slower, not necessarily time is changing. They showed an experiment of this on youtube(and I had an idea of what was happening before I even saw it). Basically, they slowed down what's happening inside an atomic clock enough to show you what's actually happening.

Let's say that the clock is stationary, and let's say that a green ball of light starts out from the top of the clock, goes straight down, hits the bottom, bounces straight up, and hits the top again, and this cycle represents 1-sec(from the person standing on Earth's point of view.)

Let's define the position that the green ball of light starting out at the top as the "young" state, the position that the green ball hitting the bottom the "half-life" state, and the position that the ball hitting the top again the "old" state.

Now let's put the clock in a shuttle moving at a high speed. What they showed is that now the green ball of light follows a different, basically diagonal path, and the faster the shuttle is moving, the more "lateral" the diagonal path is. You can see now how the green ball would take longer to reach the bottom. In other words, it follows the distorted path or space such that now after 1-sec(again, from the person standing on Earth's point of view) or more, it has only reached the "half-life" state, instead of the old state.

Now let's assume that the clock is a person, then in a sense, yes, you can say that time was different for that person, because he did experience two states in a slower amount of time than if he was standing on Earth. From the person standing on Earth(or outside or ultimate observer)'s perspective, however, that person merely aged differently.

Time is relative means that time is different for everything inside the shuttle and is moving, and right now, we all are, that is if the theory of multiple dimensions is true. To the ultimate or one in the highest dimension, and I believe this is the correct perspective, time is exactly how we view it, from an intuitive point of view, that is always forward, and never ending.

From that perspective, traveling back in time then is merely traveling back to a past state(well, as long as there's an entity that has recorded every possible state of the universe, and has the capability to allow you to "access" them), live in it, and for all intents and purposes, that is pretty much the same as time travel. However, you can see that even while doing that, time is still moving forward, from the ultimate observer's perspective.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I see you points and they are rather valid but time travel??? Imagine the problems it would cause world wide even if one person went back in time we would have a catastrophic problem then imagine if 20 people went back in time and changed the course of history it's ludicrous and if it were possible (not saying it's not) where are the people from the future?
I'm afraid there is no future that's why nobody has came back in all reality mate we won't be around in 20 years to know whether your hypothesis is correct or not.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I have read about this black hole theory recently, however, supposed this was true, what would happen to M-Theory? Wouldn't that be unnecessary since we now have a simpler TOE?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
post by KeeperOfGenisis

www.youtube.com...

You may or may not find this interesting.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Oh, but I contrare. If you could create a highly negatively charged material and make a hollow sphere, and then within the sane thing, then you could fill the space in between with negatively charged matter, then this matter would compress. Freeze it into a very very cold super fluid, and it will form a singularity with volume. Yes, that's what I just said. Ignore the contradiction. The matter creates basically a hollow black hole. Now as you should know, if you were in a black hole you would experience forward time travel, as the event horizon freezes time. These would not be exactly a black hole, because you want to turn if off. But it would be close. The amount of electricity and temperature regulation would control your forward speed through time.

It works because a super fluid is what happens when molecules are so cold, they forget their individual identities, and begin to merge. This allows the molecules to be treated as one molecule, allowing you to create a macro micro black hole. Micro black holes quickly evaporate and are easier to manage.

In addition, spinning this device generates an ergo sphere. When an ergo sphere is generated to enough strength, space time warps in on itself and you go back in time, as in par with Dr Mallet's theories.

You can even use this for space travel. I will copy paste it from a previous discussion:

A warp engine, first and foremost, is extremly easy to build. All the technology to do it is available today. However, there's a second thing to know. It's financially impossible. The single and only thing stopping the building of a warp engine is money. Now to the design.

The idea of the warp engine is routed in basically utterlly mutilating gravity. However, doing so obviously requires mass. The annoying thing about mass is that it takes a lot to make gravity significantly change. So many experiments past WW2 focused on finding a way around that. It was discovered recently that matter, if frozen enough, becomes a superfluid. Basically all the molecules act as one molecule. It was alos discovered that micro black holes are easy to create with very little mass. Thus the loophole. Very cold matter turned into a superfluid is easier to generate gravity than normal things. The proper material to use would be a negativly charged stable molecule. In the future, this will be anti protons due to their simply geometry, negative charge, and ability to compress. But we don't have that, so really anything stable, heavy, and negatively ionized will work. We will take a cylinder that is hollow. This cylinder has coils running through it, charging it. Within the cylinder is also another cylinder that is solid. It is also charged. Within the gap between is a vaccuum, Here we place our heavy negative charged matter. First the charge of the cylinders compress it. Then the freezing of it creates an ever more compressed superfluid. Thus the superfluid begins to compress so much that it forms an unstable singularity. Usually, a singularity is known as a point mass. There is a single spot of mass with gravity, but no volume. By means of placing the central cylinder, this superfluid cannot find a central spot to form a point mass. Thus we have accomplished yet another loop hole. A point mass with strong gravity forces, but which has volume. A point-mass is not possible, so we have basically a weak black hole. The superfluid forms a micro black hole singularity at a macro scale, and without a cnetral location. This unstable form of energy-mass manipulation will give off extremly powerful time-space distortions as well as strong nuclear forces. We thus have our "gravity well" and its strength is now defined by a comboned temperature-voltage relationship with the densiy. A person standing within the radius of the device will experiences a spectacular sight. he will be flying through time, intot he future. Of course he will also be ripped to shreads from the time-space distorstions. So now we have yet another problem to solve, which is simple. Spin it. Spinning any large singularity generates an ergosphere. This region of space time which borders the event horizon is a zone of accelerated space time. Here, a person would age rapatdly while the rest of the universe stood still. In a single second, many eons pass in this zone. It is at this point in time that we begin having gravity wave mutilation. By means of having several of these devices lined up in rings around a central craft, thee gravity can cancel itself out, or exacerbate the effects. At this scale we are dealing more so with a time machine than a warp engine. You should know that a warp engine is nothing more than an advanced time machine. What a large number of these rings made from these cylinders will do is create an ever larger ergosphere around a hollow event horizon. Because we eliminate the formation of a definite singularity, the event horizon, or more appropriatly the gravity waves which define it, can be redefined into a sphere around a craft. And in turn ergosphere generation can cancel out the effects of the event horizon within. What this culminates to is an inverted black hole. We have, in essence, created a cut out of the universe. The craft is generating its own enclosed universe within this event horizon. Because an event horizon does not allow light to pass through it, because time is essentially paused, and an ergo sphere is within, when the ship moves, the ergo sphere blasts off because any inputed speed is multiplied by means of time dialation ( going 10 mph for a million years compressed to 10 hours basically. It generates massive speed without creating or destroying mass/energy). What we've now done is redefine time in the work formula of physics whereby time becomes a variable rather than a constant. When the craft DOES need to stop, it simply cuts power to the heat and chargers. The mass rexpands, and the ship drops out of wapr speed. An unfortunate consequence of this will be a time-space tidal wave that forms in the wake of the ship dropping out of warp. It's basically like creating and destroying a star in a single second. For that single second, anything around will be altered due to gracvity. So warping next to planets is unwise. The ship is basically a big fat tachyon. As it flies through the universe, it will pick up particles in the great vastness of space, and release them upon re-entry of Earth relativity. There are ways to funnel these left over artifacts from the jump, but they will be dangerous.

Now the above method is quite very expenve. Alternative cheaper methods include criss crossing high power light beams to create micro-singularities that exist shortly adn then evaporate. Aligning these into the right way to generate gravity wave interaction would do similar tasks. This might be further researched into.

For your convienece, there's a few photos for you to help imagine it.

Pictures for help in imagining it. probably a few spelling errors. They were made pretty late and I've been meaning to fix it. sorry...

img8.imageshack.us...

img15.imageshack.us...

ATP, not ATM... ATP is standard atmosphere, temperature pressure.

img14.imageshack.us...

img7.imageshack.us...

img24.imageshack.us...

Some concepts of a ship.

img20.imageshack.us...

img269.imageshack.us...

img199.imageshack.us...

Also, for all you now, the US is already working on these things. After all, it begs to question, how do I know this?

Feedback is enjoyed.

Feedback is still enjoyed.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I think Einstein's time dilation can be more aptly and succinctly be described as, the faster or the more you move, the slower you age(or the molecules in your body "wear out" slower).

Perhaps this is why exercising is beneficial? By moving, we increase the spatial distortions such that entropy from the "new" to "old" state occurs more slowly, because our molecules have to follow that space first(don't know what the hell I'm talking about here really, just throwing out ideas I guess.)

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Just watched that video and yeah it was very interesting my first thought was solar flares but as the video played out he seemed to make alot of sense, look im not against time travel i think it to be very cool, but not in my lifetime i'm afraid.
Thanks for the video i enjoyed it.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by KeeperOfGenisis

Well as few as three years ago I would agree with you, but I have a feeling that the Vatican will be making a statement to the World; that will start a chain of events to take place to allow for world wide Martial Law, and yes I know how nuts it sounds. Wernher Von Braun said right before his death; they will tell US all that Aliens Exist and then they will show US that Aliens exist then they will stage an Alien Attack and use this to bring in a NEW World Government to save us. I believe we will soon see these events unfolding before 2012. I can only hope and pray that I'm wrong.

Sincerely

TheGhost

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Interesting doesn't fit within my time frame i'm thinking more towards 2014-15 but i'm kinda with you on all the other stuff, something big is just around the corner.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

The chances of alien life are high but the chances of humanoid alien life are mute, basically 0. So yea, maybe they could stage an intelligent goo invading, but why? In fact, staging an alien invasion would do nothing but destroy the government. because logic dictates a natural distribution of attitudes. For every invader alien, there is a peaceful alien. You'd just make people no longer care about the earth, making them know that if Earth sucks, they CAN just leave. How exactly can the government rule a planet going through an exodus?

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Gorman91]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join