It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Year old boy has Time Machine plan that works

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I think if time travelling were close to us we would have to be well over the point of teleportation due to the fact of exiting our environment and going into another will need allot of technology just mastering how to create a possible exit to a higher land or water covered areas and such as the simple modifications as that to be basically precise we can only say that if we travel time using only a machine and a party of people they will need to know allot about transportation in the simple side of thing to begin with if that begins to make you wonder than you might understand it if we discover teleportation modulation system that could far more easily be explained and found to count on a way of concept thinking where we may also learn abit about the turbulance of which may enclose or haulacly give us the answer and the bootlace on getting such a climate reposition as we have leaving a heated building through a doorway and finding our feet in such a change on agenda.
I Hope that make more sense then will complicate the plausability of this thread but i'm really quite invase seeing how a time machine can be powered or available but i do believe it is possible but i am saying it fits my calendar in 800 years as for teleportation i think they will exist with the next 100 to 75 years.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MolecularPhD

Multiple means both man made and else wise.

To name a few,

Non man made time traveling observations:

- You can see stars behind the sun. This means that the physical silhouette of the sun against the stars is smaller than the physical sun at the diameter when drawn along the edge of the sun and a northern direction facing us exactly. Ergo, the light is time traveling by means of bending and, relative to the earth, going slower than the speed of light.

-Time dilation seen in Hubble images.

Man made time traveling observations:

-Quantum tunneling of molecules across things, whereby they arrive before they leave.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

- Quantum entanglement, whereby the only way an entanglement signal from one molecule to the other can exist is if they time travel to our relativity.

-Muon life times:

books.google.com...=onepage&q=rel ativity%20%22meson%20lifetime%22&f=false

The only way these things happen is if they are breaking the speed of light, and therefore, altering time. IE, Time travel. Anything which constitutes a violation of the time requirements of information transfer is time travel.

The Work of Dr. Mallet also proves some interesting aspects.

Your career position culminates to nothing in terms of if you "really" know something or not. I can probably tell you how to make a warp engine and you would not know it was possible until you saw it. I've seen English professors fail at grammar and mathematicians fail at basic calculus. Title means nothing. what you do means more.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The light has to be blue because he bought the plastic alphabet refrigerator magnets at Kmart where his mom works........
but seriously.......
In 2002, University of Utah/Ohio State researchers concocted a plastic material that became 1.5 times more magnetic when blue light shines on it. Green light partially reversed the effect by as much as 60% of it's "normal" level of magnetism ( The Green Lantern won't be jumping..he always get the stink end of the stick)
Unfortunately the magnet functions up to a temperature of 75 Kelvin (dat's cold)
The "magnet" was a polymer consisting of tetracyanoethylene and de-ionized manganese....not the kind of stuff you pick up at the druggists....
There's more to be said about the "melding" of this research with further research done at Durham by Dr Ian Terry on magnetic polymers that operate at room temperature, but I'm betting most of you haven't read this far into this post, and the ones who have can find the info on their own.....
Anyway...if the kid really is a 13 year old and these are his own theories...sweet!!! Maybe there's hope that the next generation will keep this blue ball spinning for another few decades

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
You see its a mass dilation that only makes itself apparent in the clock.

edit: its not "only" apparent in the clock, its just where it stands out to us

Time does not exist.

This is why objects with mass cant travel at c and thus far the only way we actually know to travel through space faster than light is to create shortcuts in space, wormholes or whatever you want to call them. You arent traveling through space faster than light, or time. You are simply traveling through less distance in space than light which doesnt take the shortcut.

Going back in time with a modified DeLorean to visit long dead relatives or for whatever reason is simply failed logic. It is impossible.

What might be possible is to travel through space to a distant place and to appear to have traveled faster than light by taking a shortcut. This is what the math proves.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by watcher73]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MolecularPhD
I love how you sited PANiCNQ as a plastic; for it is not a plastic. You might want to read the website you were on a bit better. Second, it takes a lot of energy to make this material magnetic and a very long time. You would be better served by using Ceramics; which in hyper cooled states take much less energy and create much more powerful magnets.

Fictional Gravitons: Is like saying prove to me an atom exists.

The black hole event horizon is where normal matter (and forces) must
exceed the speed of light in order to escape, and thus are trapped.
The horizon is meaningless to a virtual particle with enough speed.
In particular, a charged black hole is a source of virtual photons
that can then do their usual virtual business with the rest of the
universe. Once again, we don't know for sure that quantum gravity
will have a description in terms of gravitons, but if it does, the
same loophole will apply---gravitational attraction will be mediated
by virtual gravitons, which are free to ignore a black hole event
horizon. Therefore if you were to create such a black hole you would have to contend with these particles escaping; along with neutrinos and other quark like material.

Sincerely

TheGhost

Plastic is the general common term for a wide range of synthetic or semisynthetic organic amorphous solid[1] materials used in the manufacture of industrial products. Plastics are typically polymers of high molecular mass.

by this definition the material is a plastic

Asking for proof of a graviton is nothing like proving an atom exsists. . . we've managed to discover the particles of the standard model but wait no graviton. . .

heres your atoms friend

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1187d9705eac.jpg[/atsimg]

The first experimental image of lithium atoms from a transmission electron microscope: The image shows the arrangement of lithium ions among cobalt and oxygen atoms in the compound lithium cobalt oxide. (Photo courtesy of Berkely Labs)

www.photonics.com...

now can i have my graviton please?

[edit on 19-1-2010 by constantwonder]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder

Hmmm i belive i said small minded folks, im sorry if you place yourself in that category. . . .

In a reply to me about what I said.

It's quite sad that you arent able to "man-up" and insist on being a cry baby.

Now what about the rest of the post you just quoted?

[edit on 19-1-2010 by watcher73]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
For those of you wishing to contact him, he has publicly released his email >SNIP<

Also, if you look at Timeguy's page, he has other articles on this kid. One of which has a diagram of his machine with instructions. Maybe you will find it interesting.

Diagram of Time Machine

Also, and perhaps this is just the conspiracy theorist in me, but I think Timeguy and this Gentill Abdulla are the same person. He joined the website the same day he posted his initial article on this kid. And all of his articles have been about this kid. Not to mention, Gentill loves to comment on these articles.

Interesting thread though. I don't like how it completely misleads however.

[Mod edit: Removed email address]

[edit on 1/22/2010 by yeahright]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by maya27
The Norway Spiral anyone?

Oh, and LHC etc spring instantly to mind.

So does the flux capacitor but that too was a figment of an imagination - and ultimately succeeded in gaining what the author had hoped for - loads of $$$

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I understand where you are coming up with your conclusion. But, Time Dilation happens in fractions of a second not in quantum leaps in time. Time Dilation would not be an efficient mode of time travel; as the speed in which you would be forced to travel in would change the resonance of your physical mater. This drastic change in resonating levels on your subatomic mater; would spin the electrons off the nucleus and your molecules would loose their covalent bond structure. However possible this use of time travel would be, it is highly improbable.

Sincerely

TheGhost

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

The black hole event horizon is where normal matter (and forces) must exceed the speed of light in order to escape, and thus are trapped.
horizon. Therefore if you were to create such a black hole you would have to contend with these particles escaping; along with neutrinos and other quark like material.

Ill let you know what i think of this statement when I know it wasn't stolen from someone else. . . .

The black hole event horizon is where normal matter (and forces) must
exceed the speed of light in order to escape, and thus are trapped.

www.physicsforums.com...

sciastro.astronomy.net...

copy and paste much?

[edit on 20-1-2010 by constantwonder]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
You asked about a graviton escaping a black hole; I gave you the explanation from a very prominent source (sited by NASA). Instead of giving you undocumented opinion.

And here is the explanation of a graviton in physics

A theoretical particle having no mass and no charge that mediates (carries) the gravitational force. The graviton is a boson. The existence of a graviton has not yet been confirmed experimentally, although string theory predicts the existence of gravitons as closed strings with the minimum possible energy. It is also theorized that gravitons interact with leptons and quarks.

Like it or not they are part of theoretical physics. As time travel is extremely theoretical in nature I would have to include the string theory physics that would be involved.

Sincerely

TheGhost

You are a very combative person; I can see by all of your threads.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MolecularPhD
You asked about a graviton escaping a black hole; I gave you the explanation from a very prominent source (sited by NASA). Instead of giving you undocumented opinion.

And here is the explanation of a graviton in physics

A theoretical particle having no mass and no charge that mediates (carries) the gravitational force. The graviton is a boson. The existence of a graviton has not yet been confirmed experimentally, although string theory predicts the existence of gravitons as closed strings with the minimum possible energy. It is also theorized that gravitons interact with leptons and quarks.

Like it or not they are part of theoretical physics. As time travel is extremely theoretical in nature I would have to include the string theory physics that would be involved.

Sincerely

TheGhost

You are a very combative person; I can see by all of your threads.

He also likes to call people names and pretend he was talking about someone else.

Then he dodges posts that go way over his head.

This kid says a wormhole would be created. That is creating a shortcut in space. Not traveling in time.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
ima try it and see if it works

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73
Time travel is impossible.

Cant do it with magnets, light, or light tied in a knot.

Cant do it if your name is John Titor or Snazzlefraz from a planet orbiting Sirius.

I'm doing it RIGHT NOW...... yep, just traveled another minute.

I'm good at it too. I can do it all day and using only the energy of beer and fish fingers.

one thing about the kid, in the link Gem posted where he was 'debating' with one of that forums moderators, he may have been wrong in what he said, but he still knows more than a lot of people on heya deese fora.

I wonder if there is anything lost in his English as it's obviously not his native language.

Still, if he returns to that thread yesterday and edits his first post as requested, we'll never know because no one would have asked him to therefor leaving us with unanswered questions that we never knew we even asked....

Personally, I think he's not a 13 year old kid and is selling his own website on page 4 of that thread (his linking to a website that proves beyond a doubt that his theory would work!).

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Did I miss something or is the name of the thread: 13 Year old boy has Time Machine plan that works. As for creating a wormhole that is a whole other can of worms; pun intended. I was commenting on the creation of a black hole as stated by the author not the forgoing wormhole outcome.

Sincerely

TheGhost

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Seriously you guys have to stop this pissing contest to see who is smarter.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

What do you think about my idea of wormholes being located south of the south pole? If the universe is a balloon, which one can assume it is, from the Big Bang, and the space is represented by the surface of the balloon(not the inside or outside), then it seems to me that south of the south pole would mean that is where the wormholes or "hyperspace" are located.

And if that is the case, then I can't see why we can't send a shuttle there, even with our current technology. All we have to do is send it in the back and forward direction(not "up," because that's the surface of balloon), isn't that correct?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Also, can I befriend you? I think these concepts of extra dimensions, curved space, and worm holes are a lot easier to grasp intuitively than people realize(I don't think our Creator, if there is one, would want otherwise.) However, it would certainly help if we have a real scientist confirming them.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I think this kid should stick with his building blocks and action figures. If Einstein or Hawkings hasnt found away to leap through time, Im sure a child can.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by np6888

Also, can I befriend you? I think these concepts of extra dimensions, curved space, and worm holes are a lot easier to grasp intuitively than people realize(I don't think our Creator, if there is one, would want otherwise.) However, it would certainly help if we have a real scientist confirming them.

I totally agree with you you don't have to be a scientist to grasp all these concepts.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join