It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Year old boy has Time Machine plan that works

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust
I gotta tell you, i don't know ANYTHING on this subject - but, besides that it was really hard to read, because he wrote 'magnets' 11 times in the first 2 sentences.
He's a kid, he probably likes magnets. I'm not so sure that he knows anything about time travel. If I were to figure out how to time travel, I would only go back a couple of hours to buy my MegaMillions and Powerball tickets.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

yeah i spose' i mean, as a kid i loved them. Those bastard magnets never sticking together on the side i wanted them to! ;p

[edit on 19/1/2010 by bkaust]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
There are so many things wrong with this, I don't even know where to start...

1. Do a quick Google search on Gentill Abdulla and you'll quickly see that he is a "self-proclaimed genius"... There are no actual physicists that backs him up on his ideas.

No one backed up Galileo either.

2. Looking at some of his interactions on discussion boards such as this one you'll find that he's missing a few concepts about science and he also have a few misconceptions when it comes to the stuff he actually knows something about.

But perhaps he is on the right path.

The Wright Brothers did not invent a jet first. Ford did not invent the GT first.

3. His theory is full of holes, such as mentioned above. Surely he must give an explanation as to why he wants to use blue light. And why it has to be 1,000 years old. Why not 999 years. Or 1,001? (And good luck finding a light source like that.)

1000 years was an example. Blue light . . . it might have to do with the wave length.

4. The idea that black holes = time travel is popular science fiction.

And so on...

The bottom line is that it's a young boy with make-believe ideas. Which is a good thing. Some of our greatest minds began their best work at young ages. At this point our friend theory is a far fetched fantasy.

On a side note, a diagram to help explain his theory...

As was space flight in the early 1900's.

You have to start somewhere. Just because he goes against the grain does not mean that he is absolutely wrong.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Time travel you can believe in...

I proposed an experiment to a scientist currently using light twisted by laser beams to attempt to send a single electron back in time. This was the experiment and it can be observed.

Using a series or mirrors that redirect a beam of light to the next in a hexagon setup. A beam of light is then injected into the series of mirrors where it will travel around the series returning to the point of origin. The light that arrives at the present is actually from the past, yet arrives in the present.

He was trying to create a vortex or tunnel where he could shoot a single electron into it. I proposed using the mirror method to redirect light into a continual vortex to do the same. This could be done easily at home. Anything entering the vortex will be slightly held back in time as everything outside the vortex will continue into the future. The key is the speed at which matter moves through time.

It's a simple experiment and could be done using a timing device set in the center of the vortex. The curvature of bending light should create a minute gravitational distortion that could be measured.

I never heard back from the scientist. He never disputed my suggestion, which he would have immediately done so if it were thought to be absurd. However, Einstein proved that time slows when traveling past the curvature of space such as what happens with the space shuttle all the time. Light bends around this curvature (Earth). Therefore, bend the light and create an artificial curvature where time slows. I also believe this is what happens around a black hole.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Fromabove]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
You should change the name of the title its misleading. The kid has an Idea not a working time machine. And he should run with it. He may not discover time travel but something usefull could come of this.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Well, you have to give him some credit. Some of the greatest and most influential people where garage tinkerers and people with highly unaccepted and unsupported ideas.

You see, no one may back him up but you never know when that person will come along that no one believes that turns out to be right.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Yup, you never know - he just might be on to something! Just make sure when you are travelling back in time that you bring a flashlight from the present with you so you can use the light from the present to get you back.

duh duh duh.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Time travel is impossible.

Cant do it with magnets, light, or light tied in a knot.

Cant do it if your name is John Titor or Snazzlefraz from a planet orbiting Sirius.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

I proposed an experiment to a scientist currently using light twisted by laser beams to attempt to send a single electron back in time. This was the experiment and it can be observed.

Using a series or mirrors that redirect a beam of light to the next in a hexagon setup. A beam of light is then injected into the series of mirrors where it will travel around the series returning to the point of origin. The light that arrives at the present is actually from the past, yet arrives in the present.

He was trying to create a vortex or tunnel where he could shoot a single electron into it. I proposed using the mirror method to redirect light into a continual vortex to do the same. This could be done easily at home. Anything entering the vortex will be slightly held back in time as everything outside the vortex will continue into the future. The key is the speed at which matter moves through time.

It's a simple experiment and could be done using a timing device set in the center of the vortex. The curvature of bending light should create a minute gravitational distortion that could be measured.

I never heard back from the scientist. He never disputed my suggestion, which he would have immediately done so if it were thought to be absurd. However, Einstein proved that time slows when traveling past the curvature of space such as what happens with the space shuttle all the time. Light bends around this curvature (Earth). Therefore, bend the light and create an artificial curvature where time slows. I also believe this is what happens around a black hole.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Fromabove]

Are you talking about Dr. Ronald Mallett?

For quite some time, Ronald Mallett has been working on plans for a time machine. This technology would be based upon a ring laser's properties within the context of Einstein's Theory of Relativity. Mallett first argued that the ring laser would produce a limited amount of frame-dragging which might be measured experimentally, saying:[2]

"In Einstein's General Theory of Relativity, both matter and energy can create a gravitational field. This means that the energy of a light beam can produce a gravitational field. My current research considers both the weak and strong gravitational fields produced by a single continuously circulating unidirectional beam of light. In the weak gravitational field of a unidirectional ring laser, it is predicted that a spinning neutral particle, when placed in the ring, is dragged around by the resulting gravitational field."

In a later paper, he argued that at sufficient energies, the circulating laser might produce not just frame-dragging but also closed timelike curves (CTC), allowing time travel into the past:[3]

For the strong gravitational field of a circulating cylinder of light, I have found new exact solutions of the Einstein field equations for the exterior and interior gravitational fields of the light cylinder. The exterior gravitational field is shown to contain closed timelike lines.
The presence of closed timelike lines indicates the possibility of time travel into the past. This creates the foundation for a time machine based on a circulating cylinder of light.

en.wikipedia.org...

Being that he is a working professor of physics i highly doubt he has time to confirm or refute every idea that hits his inbox. No refutation doesn't mean your right.

Time travel is a fantasticly novel idea and i hope it turns out to be possible. I thinkm however, I'll reserve judgement till we get some real science on the matter.

Kurt Godel opened the box maybe Ron Mallett can wrangle what they found inside. . .

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I love ireport.com

I have met a 13 year old boy that has a working plan to time travel. Do you think the poster believes this or it is just some really bad level?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Here's a question for you time travel theorists. So far no one has been able to answer.
Is TIME REVERSAL possible.
Time travel takes the idea that you would travel either backwards or forwards in time, but 'as you are' now. Is it possible to reverse time so that you reverse to a point when you are actually younger again, so as to live your life all over again ??

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73
Time travel is impossible.

Cant do it with magnets, light, or light tied in a knot.

Cant do it if your name is John Titor or Snazzlefraz from a planet orbiting Sirius.

Whats your evidence chief. . . its a nasty habit posting against whatever is said and you never offer any of your vast knowledge as to why.

Its posts like yours and attitudes like yours that make me hate debunkers. . . if your going to debunk at least do your damn job with some dignity and show cause for your statements. . .

[edit on 19-1-2010 by constantwonder]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by Gemwolf

Some of the greatest and most influential people where garage tinkerers and people with highly unaccepted and unsupported ideas.

You see, no one may back him up but you never know when that person will come along that no one believes that turns out to be right.

I totally agree. It's all about imagination, IMHO.

I think it's great that he's thinking outside the box and that no one in his life is telling him he can't. Can't never could, never will, never would. The possibilities are endless when you let go of convention and decide to take the road less traveled.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder

Whats your evidence chief. . . You have a nasty habit of posting against whatever is said and you never offer any of your vast knowledge as to why.

Its posts like yours and attitudes like yours that make me hate debunkers. . . if your going to debunk at least do your damn job with some dignity and show cause for your statements. . .

Your profile picture is highly annoying. but I bet you know that already.

Whats my evidence?

Lack of time travelers.

Traveling through space is not time travel, its space travel. Bending light is not time travel. It's bending light.

Where is your evidence that it's possible? You have none. I suppose thats why you hate debunkers.
The best evidence I suppose is that time doesnt really exist. Therefore you cant navigate it.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

Your not a debunker
you just said something is not possible because it has not been done

Well played

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Ok, so let's ASSUME this kid's idea works, and we are wisked away on a beam of blue light to the past...

...only to arrive crushed inside a laser device!!!!!

Not only that, but you leave the world of the "future" being destroyed by the singularity you created to leave it!

So even if this kids idea works, you and the world end up dying. Wow, smart kid.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nophun

Your not a debunker
you just said something is not possible because it has not been done

Well played

It has not been done, even in the future. Infinite "time" to master it and no time travelers exist.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder

Whats your evidence chief. . . You have a nasty habit of posting against whatever is said and you never offer any of your vast knowledge as to why.

Your profile picture is highly annoying. but I bet you know that already.

Whats my evidence?

Lack of time travelers.

Traveling through space is not time travel, its space travel. Bending light is not time travel. It's bending light.

Where is your evidence that it's possible? You have none. I suppose thats why you hate debunkers.
The best evidence I suppose is that time doesnt really exist. Therefore you cant navigate it.

Hmmm

there is a ton of evidence that it is possible which is why serious physicist entertain the idea.

Kurt Godel

The Gödel metric is an exact solution of the Einstein field equations in which the stress-energy tensor contains two terms, the first representing the matter density of a homogeneous distribution of swirling dust particles, and the second associated with a nonzero cosmological constant (see lambdavacuum solution). It is also known as the Gödel solution.

This solution has many strange properties, discussed below, in particular the existence of closed timelike curves which would allow for a form of time travel in the type of universe described by the solution. Its definition is somewhat artificial (the value of the cosmological constant must be carefully chosen to match the density of the dust grains), but this spacetime is regarded as an important pedagogical example.

Godel opened a pandoras box

Tipler advanced the idea

A Tipler cylinder, also called a Tipler time machine, is a hypothetical object theorized to be a potential mode of time travel—an approach that is conceivably functional within humanity's current understanding of physics, specifically the theory of general relativity, although later results have shown that a Tipler cylinder could only allow time travel if its length were infinite (see the discussion of Hawking's proof below).

The Tipler cylinder was discovered as a solution to the equations of general relativity by Willem Jacob van Stockum[1] in 1936 and Kornel Lanczos[2] in 1924, but not recognized as allowing closed timelike curves[3] until an analysis by Frank Tipler[4] in 1974. Tipler showed in his 1974 paper, "Rotating Cylinders and the Possibility of Global Causality Violation" that in a spacetime containing a massive, infinitely long cylinder which was spinning along its longitudinal axis, the cylinder should create a frame-dragging effect. This frame-dragging effect warps spacetime in such a way that the light cones of objects in the cylinder's proximity become tilted, so that part of the light cone then points backwards along the time axis on a space time diagram. Therefore a spacecraft accelerating sufficiently in the appropriate direction can travel backwards through time along a closed timelike curve or CTC.[4]

Mallett is putting it to use. Applying it.

Google Video Link

anything else?

And i do enjoy endusing seizures in small minded folks aswell, thanks for noticing my great avatar. . .

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Might want to read up on his ideas. His is more of a time picture machine since you would only be able to "travel" as far back to when the machine was created.

Not really time travel is it?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Might want to read up on his ideas. His is more of a time picture machine since you would only be able to "travel" as far back to when the machine was created.

Not really time travel is it?

Uhm if it goes a picosecond back into the past it is indeed time travel. Time travel is time travel it doesn't matter how much time you can traverse using said machine.

And we're still waiting on your evidence

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join