It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Year old boy has Time Machine plan that works

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
reply to post by randyvs

"You do realise this amounts to riding a beam of light back into the past?"

Time Travel isn't possible, you can't go forward in time, because nothing exists yet.

You can't go backward in time, because what's happened like what i'm typing and what your reading are all focused in the present... Now you can go back and re-read this text and essentially you are living the past, but only what you can record or document by camera or writing or storage on electronic media. There is no "rewind" possible for the real world.

Also time since time is only relevant to the observer, say for instance you could travel at or past the speed of light, you could essentially travel to distant places. Outside of "you", would progress at a normal rate. This means that you could, say travel to Mars and back and it wouldn't take 8 months only a few minutes to "you" and to "Earth". Earth wouldn't age at any rate faster then the time you took to travel to and from...

Right?

Wrong.

You have just demonstrated your lack of understanding of light, reflected light, age of light and the so called time dimension.

It's also assumption galore in your post.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

Well obviously your idea of facts and my idea of facts are two different things; as mine are based in reality not mythical materials, mythical objects, mythical sources of light, or mythical equations that are taken out of context. And as far as your example of your equation being fact; well that seems to be very flawed as well. So please when you decided to actually publish this in a real peer reviewed periodical; I'll be waiting, but I certainly wont be holding my breath. But please, continue along with your story as apparently thats all there is to this hypothesis of yours.

I would just like to point out that this thread was posted in the Science & Technology forum; so far I have not seen any real science or real technology; has anyone else? I guess we must all just believe you; according to you. "WOW" I truly wish Science worked that way; where you can make any statement you like with no proof to back it up; oh but wait, that would mean there would be no real science or technology being created.

Sincerely

TheGhost

P.S. You might want to review your calculations, oh thats right their not yours.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Gee its getting bitchy in here...

Besides time travel happens every year, my mums in Australia and she rang me up out of the blue with the magic words "Happy New Year"

I was flabbergasted, it wasnt new year yet, not here in the UK, she was in fact calling me from the future, the year there was 2010 while back here it was 2009..time travel

()

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Wow he has a theory that might actually work.
If it is so simple why not make a "how to time travel with blue beams and plastic magnets" and put it on youtube.

Time travel is not a thing you make in laboratory with pure physics. It's not a thing that modern science could explain. Gosh you are all looking in wrong places. IMAO.

stop being so simple minded. Abdulla should better meditate.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Why does it have to be blue light? Where do you find a beam of blue light that has been traveling for "thousands of years"? Does the blue beam of light have to be large enough to walk through? What is a plastic magnet? These are questions that come to mind for me, a layman(not a theoretical physicist).

They are the same questions I had and I AM a theoretical physicist. I think maybe he meant "plastic" in the sense of being deformable rather than as a polymer material. And you use the finished machine to go back in time a couple thousand years to get the light beam, silly.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

I too am a physicist; read my postings on page 17 as I posted about the so called plastic magnet that was suggested; and its uses. As a physicist you will find his equation on page 17 to be just as funny as I did. I tried to correct his equation; and his answer was that a physicist (he names the physicist) from The History Channel gave him the equation. Have a good laugh; let me know what you think.

Sincerely

TheGhost

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The fact that this thread is as long as it actually already is, is a sad testament that we are indeed traveling back in time, right into Dark Ages. I have a separate thread on this subject... No longer capable of grasping the tenets of science, public will swallow and entertain the weirdest stuff of the same grade of veracity as voodoo.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I haven't read all the posts but correct me if I am wrong ( wouldn't be the first time) I assume the crux of his idea to go back in time is that the light beam has taken time to reach us and being able to go the other way through it would enable you to go back in time. We know that when we look at a distant star we are not seeing the star as it is now but as it was maybe hundreds or thousands of years ago when the light left that star and finally reaches us here on earth.I used to imagine that if you could be on a planet that was 2000 light years away and had a super telescope you would be able to look back at earth and see people and maybe even Jesus from 2000 years ago.And that maybe true however as you in your time machine moved through the light beam towards its source you would be traveling from old light to newer light until you reached the light source and would be gutted to find you had not gone back in time at all.The light we see from stars is very old but as you got closer to the star the light would be newer and newer. Therefore this is why I think it would not work savvy ??

[edit on 25-1-2010 by tarifa37]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Time travel is definitely possible. Light travels. Light is moving towards our eyes at the speed of light. Get into the 4th dimension and you can see the increments light moves, those are the Parrallel Universes. Pick your increment. Simple. That is the concept. How to get there. Unknown to science.

You can probably go into the future, but it will be more like a guestimate of the future in a Parrallel Universe, because before you time travel to the future the future has not happened yet, the light has not traveled, but you know which way the light is heading...maybe elements of light travel faster than the speed of light? The edge of light? Something beyond the explanation of light is how you travel into the future?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

The subject of correct spelling has again arisen. I am one of those who demands proper spelling and grammar from my students. And it seems like ATS is populated by a horde of spelling miscreants. There are supposed molecular PhDs who continually use "site" or "sight" for "cite". There are a number of reasons it matters. Making continual errors in spelling/grammar shows an intellectual laziness that detracts from the message A posting in this community can be done for a couple of reasons. One is to advocate for a position or attempt to educate or sway the reader. Such a posting is devalued by containing uncorrected errors. Of course, if the poster is only pressing keys on the keyboard to see his name in print, he or she won't care if his masturbatory masterpiece has rampant errors in spelling .
And will you people PLEASE learn when to use an apostrophe. The only time to use it's is when it is a contraction for "it is." Not for the possessive third party pronoun.
Don't get me started on subject verb agreement rules
Respect your readers by taking the short time to use the spell checker, review, edit and correct your postings.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
Time travel is definitely possible. Light travels. Light is moving towards our eyes at the speed of light. Get into the 4th dimension and you can see the increments light moves, those are the Parrallel Universes. Pick your increment. Simple. That is the concept. How to get there. Unknown to science.

You can probably go into the future, but it will be more like a guestimate of the future in a Parrallel Universe, because before you time travel to the future the future has not happened yet, the light has not traveled, but you know which way the light is heading...maybe elements of light travel faster than the speed of light? The edge of light? Something beyond the explanation of light is how you travel into the future?

I think there really is a spacetime continuum.
I also think it is possible to travel forward and backward through time.
-------------------------------------------------------------
If you went back in time to change history, where would you start
and where would you stop? What would be the ripple effects of
your actions?
I'm thinking there is an organization in place to minimize
pollution of the spacetime continuum.
BTW, there an episode on Star Trek : Voyager about this.
- Relativity -
The U.S.S. Relativity is from the 29th century and travels
back and forth at will. There is a whole list of paradoxes.
Actually, it's a very informative episode.
By the end of the show Captain Janeway had a headache.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Stay out of the chat rooms. You will go insane.

I try to do my best. I run to Wiktionary if i'm not sure.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MolecularPhD

I too am a physicist; read my postings on page 17 as I posted about the so called plastic magnet that was suggested; and its uses. As a physicist you will find his equation on page 17 to be just as funny as I did. I tried to correct his equation; and his answer was that a physicist (he names the physicist) from The History Channel gave him the equation. Have a good laugh; let me know what you think.

Sincerely

TheGhost

I have been laughing now for all 18 pages of this crackpottery. Kenneth Screeton claims, on the Hitory Channel message board to be a retired physicist from Arkansas. It was telling that our young woomeister didn't even recognize the formula for the energy of a light wave. I really love the conceptual fail of "a hole in a singularity."

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
i cant believe this topic got 18 pages

i think ill make a topic on how the geico gecko is in truth a time traveler from the future where geckos have actually evolved and bred with humans to gain his human like traits

and in actuality, the gecko, gave the kid the designs, only to make the kid look like a fool, while actually giving the plans to the geico cavemen so they can travel to the future, allowing extinct cavemen to thrive in the future world

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

Young minds. Fresh ideas. Be tolerant.
We should encourage our brilliant youth.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MolecularPhD

Sorry....... I am new here, and it was the 2nd time I had posted here

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

Originally posted by MolecularPhD

Sincerely

TheGhost

I have been laughing now for all 18 pages of this crackpottery. Kenneth Screeton claims, on the Hitory Channel message board to be a retired physicist from Arkansas. It was telling that our young woomeister didn't even recognize the formula for the energy of a light wave. I really love the conceptual fail of "a hole in a singularity."

What is the Hitory Channel? Mr "I am one of those who demands proper spelling and grammar from my students."

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over man

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
reply to post by drphilxr

Just some thoughts, but I stand firmly that consciousness in the human brain already has potential to time travel into future experiences, the anecdotal evidence through history and with our own current realizations with this phenomena hint that some kind of slip stream exists, quantum states within our neurology might bridge into quantum leaps for example or quantum bi-location as it relates to the photon/consciousness dyad.

Just some ideas and thoughts.

I really like this. Reminded me of revelations from the past, dreams, and deja vu. Interesting approach.

Yes there is certainly something going on there. Some type of quantum entanglement perhaps, I don't have the answer. I only know from personal experiences with my own dreams that have come true; plus the many people I have talked with on this topic who also attest to having dreams come true indicate some type of naturally occurring time travel is present within consciousness.

Either it's time-travel, or consciousness is actually organizing thought which later actualizes into reality. Those are my two current idea branches.

I am suspecting that it is actually thought actualizing into reality based on my evidence thread in my sig. Still need more evidence, and more research to get to the source and the definitive answer.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MolecularPhD

Okay ,MolecularPHD, since you are the only one I have told the experiment to I am going to tell you something. You understand how I said the photons having enough energy to turn into a black hole by themselves correct? If so then the next time I come on to post something I will post an equation that allows for these photon to fulfill the Schwarzschild equation alright? Now since I don't know how long this might take you will have to wait. (Don't expect it to be tommorrow!)

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

Making any progress with my advice and techniques? I hope you give that a sincere shot, I'd love to find out you were successful, I think you'd be happy considering you have this dream of time travel.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join